Beginners and Beyond

Forgive & Forget FriDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

Dear Boss,

Despite your sincerest attempts to make my life a living hell all week, we have arrived at yet another Friday, where I will sing and dance all day in the office.

Yes you have more initials after your name than the alphabet, a job title that requires a two-sided business card and a salary that I will never see even if I lived two lifetimes.  But the fact remains that you could not be as fly as me if you were pushed out of an airplane cruising at 50,000 feet.

So while you spend the entire weekend thinking of ways to make my life miserable next week, I will not think about your fat ugly face again until I see it Monday morning.

In the meantime, I am going to drink and party like it's 1999 beeeeyotch, whoop-whoop! 

Sincerely,

Your number one fan.

XOXO

Good morning, people!

Rick, I love it when you're so sassySmile

I finished 6.0 in 56:22.65. 9:24 pace. I'd wanted to go slow, around 9:55 or so. My legs mocked me.

delicate flower

Rick, I love it when you're so sassySmile 

haha....I love it.  Rick being sassy!  Big grin

Good morning, el salsa mariachis!  7 medium and consistent miles last night at 8:05 pace.  I tend to feel better on my runs as the week progresses, then the weekend comes and I beat the crap out of myself then the cycle starts all over again.  Anywho, I've got my first ever track session planned after work.  Should be...interesting.  I've used the treadmill for speedwork until now, but I think it's time to move to the track and give that a try.

Have a great day, yo.

<3

B-Plus

Good morning dailies.

TGIF Rick.

Basya - Nice running

Baboon - Good luck

I'm currently debating whether I really want to run right now, at 4 am in the rain when there's a chance that it may not be raining at 4 pm. I could then sleep in. Win-win-win.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

LOL Rick.  I actually get a long with my boss, but it probably helps that he's in New Jersey and I'm in VA. Smile

Great 6 Basya!

Good luck with the track work Phil!

Hope you have a good run B+, whenever you decide to do it. Smile

AFM, 10 miles done with my spiffy new Running Etc neon yellow hat.  I was selected to be part of the Ambassador Team for one of our local running stores, Running Etc.  As part of the team, I get 50% off all Running Etc. gear, so I stopped by the store yesterday and picked up some shirts, singlets and a hat so that I can properly represent them while running or just out and about. Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  6-9 miles tonight.

LRB, that made me laugh.

Fortunately, my boss is on vacation.  Unfortunately, the bitch at work isn't.  She will get bitchier when she finds out I was named something or other of creditor abuse, which is an area she believes she is the best at (yet she was not named regional whatever something or other).  Title TBD when they announce it formally.  Yay me.  Fuck, more work.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Rick, no matter what, you're the boss and your boss should know that. Tell him I said so. 

10 miles after work tonight. Not sure what they will be made of, it will depend on the dew point, which of course will be equal to the day's temps, making it 100% humidity, thus granting me badass status. (I made that up just to gently bug Damaris. ). Actually, it looks like it will be a glorious day here. Warm and sunny (and surely not as humid as Florida), but I won't complain. We've been deprived of sun for too long this past winter and spring.

Have a great day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rest day for me but will be leaving early.  My ear started getting plugged up yesterday for I don't know what reason. I thought I might have had some water stuck in it, so after I got home I laid down while watching TV and hoped the stuff would come out.  Stuff came out all right, a bit of blood. So went to to doc and it seems I have a small cyst in there, which will be removed today via a minor outpatient procedure.   I had a cyst behind my other ear several years ago.  They gave me anesthesia and I didn't feel anything while they were taking it out...but I could HEAR the scraping going on back there....sounded kinda like a spoon being dragged on a cinderblock..yuk...kinda nerve-wracking, lol.

This Sunday is the 30th anniversary for me and Gail.  Not our wedding anniversary, but the 30th anniversary of the day we met:   June 29th, 1984.  And we've been together ever since.  The night we met she gave me her number.  I liked her so much from our meeting - I just KNEW as soon as I met her she was THE ONE - so  the heck with that no calling for  3-days  crap.  Where did that come from anyway?  I called her the next morning, lol, and we went out that day and the rest, as they say, is history.   Although it did take me a while to convince her to move in with me.   I met her June 29th and she waited all the way until July 3rd to move in with me! 

No race this weekend, but doing a fun 5K tomorrow as part of my running club's annual meeting.  We're doing a 5K, then having a bar-b-que luncheon at Two Bro's BBQ, a very good local eatery, and then doing the voting in of the new officers, and then presenting our club's annual scholarships - funds raised from our local races go for student scholarships and the scholarship committee selects 3 students to receive the checks at the annual meeting.   Should be an interesting 5K in our Texas weather since the run does not start until 11 a.m.   Thankfully, the post-run BBQ is OUTSIDE or we'd all be sweating all over the restaurant furniture.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Rick, no matter what, you're the boss and your boss should know that. Tell him I said so. 

10 miles after work tonight. Not sure what they will be made of, it will depend on the dew point, which of course will be equal to the day's temps, making it 100% humidity, thus granting me badass status. (I made that up just to gently bug Damaris. ). Actually, it looks like it will be a glorious day here. Warm and sunny (and surely not as humid as Florida), but I won't complain. We've been deprived of sun for too long this past winter and spring.

Have a great day, everyone!

LOL.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

B-Plus

I'm currently debating whether I really want to run right now, at 4 am in the rain when there's a chance that it may not be raining at 4 pm. I could then sleep in. Win-win-win.

10 miles done.

happylily

10 miles done.

Wow... and I know that Vancouver's rain sucks more that any other rain. Well done!

Scotty, good luck at the doc's and I hope it will be painless and noiseless as well! And happy anniversary to you and Gail. 30 years with your partner/friend/lover is awesome. It's a lot of work to make it last, but it's so much worth it in the end, isn't it?

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope nobody posts that on facebook for your boss, LRB. 

9:55 is slow, Basya?

I'm tired...I just finished running an 11-minute mile! 

Good luck with the track workout, Baboon!

Well,if your 4 PM weather is like ours, B-Plus...go run in the morning!

50% off gear, nice D2! Enjoy!

Congrats on being the Queen of Credit Abuse, Damaris!

Good luck with your 10 miles, Lily.   Your weather sounds lovely.   Sure you don't want to come visit San Antonio and get abused my Mother Nature?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

5 miles done this morning with Rocky, 72 degrees so I figured he could handle 5 miles even with humidity at 88% and dew point at 70.

Dorian and I ran with Jumpstart last night, 2.7 miles during some rain so that felt good. They got a pic of us Smile Unfortunately it is tiny, not sure why the woman had her cell phone resolution to email size Sad

I would post it from the FB group but it is a closed group so I doubt you would see it.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Ended up running with my DW last night.

Paced her on her first quality of her plan,  8x400s +  warm-up and cool-down.

That leaves me 4.5 miles to do today, so instead of 5:30 I slept in!  yay!  I'll get those miles done after my client meeting.

I'f only I could find a way to do DWs quality runs and get the benefit of mine.  

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning.

The run this morning was in 70 degrees with 67 DP. So I decided to make it a Tempo run. Smile 7.5 miles done incl. 5x(1 Mile @ Tempo w/ 1 min rec). Wednesday's interval workout also had a 67 DP. Hmmm, apparently misery loves company.

- Andrew