Beginners and Beyond

Do you prefer bears or worms? (Read 183 times)

sugnim

I am hosting a fake race on Sunday due to the cancellation of the annual Freezer Burn 10 mile, and I am trying to make it feel as race-like as possible.  I got a couple of people to volunteer to do an aid station.   I don't really have a ton of money, but I can spring for some cups, water, & gummies.

Here's the question:  Do you prefer gummy bears or gummy worms?  Bears are little, but worms are long; each have advantages/disadvantages.  The races in my town usually offer both, and lots of them offer gu.  I've never taken any at a race, but a lot of people seem to like them.

When I read your title I was thinking about which of the real two I prefer.  Gummie bears or worms is a much easier answer, bears.  I only like the worms better when they are sour and I don't think they would be as good during a race.  I think the bears would be easier to eat while running. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

sugnim

Well, you can say whether you prefer grizzlies to earth worms too, if you like.

Village people

Gummie bears with sea salt.

sunfastrose

Fatty McFatFat

Bears, and they must be Haribo.  

rainmakerrc

I'd be happy with either, as long as we're talking Haribo brand . . . (love me some Haribo Happy Cola)

rainmakerrc

Bears, and they must be Haribo.  

Beat me to it . . . excellent comment!

Well, you can say whether you prefer grizzlies to earth worms too, if you like.

Oh man it has to be grizzlies?  I was thinking black bears.  Well than I guess it would be... black bears > earth worms > grizzlies.  I hate worms and snakes but I would rather see those than a grizzlies but I don't mind black bears as much.  I was actually really excited when I saw a few when I was hiking in the Great Smoky Mountains a couple of summers ago. 

Steph 

“I go to nature to be soothed and healed, and to have my senses put in order.” John Burroughs

toyger

Gummy bears for sure. Big grin

Jen

Gummy bears  for sure.

Snickers1230

During a race, I'd probably say bears.  But if I was snacking on the couch, definitely gummy worms and they must be sour Smile

Formerly Jackie_601 on RW

Next up:

4/27 - Green 6.2 10K

Robert31320

Team TJ

I usually buy worms.

Running for TJ because he can't.

runmomto3boys

Bears for the win!

Penguin Forever

There with the bears.

xor

Sour worms.

What is a fake race?  I mean, I can guess.... but I'm curious what it means in this context, with an aid station and all.