Beginners and Beyond

Finally FRIDAILIES (Read 48 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Dang, I finally got one right, lol.  POINT 3!

Where's my prize?  Big grin

Smooch!

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Congratulations!

I have great news to share.... the real reason for my personal day yesterday is I had a job interview...and was just offered the position!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Phil, have a great workout. And great news from HR. Finally.

Damaris, amazing a.m. run. Enjoy weight training.

AprilRunner, feel well soon.

Fuzzy, nice recovery run. Have a safe flight to here.

Rick, fantastic easy four.

Marjorie, terrific 10.3.

Dave, sweet 2.3. Good luck tomorrow!

Oski, enjoy your rest day.

BruceD555, have fun running, wherever you go.

Ric-G, excellent six miler. Have a safe flight here.

B-Plus, awesome that you were able to be active with a friend.

Brrrrrrr, nice run. I hope that you meet your goal.

scottydawg, good times.

Congratulations, kristin10185!

Scott, keep healing and have fun with DW.

Zelanie, I'm happy that your four-miler went well. Good luck racing!

I'm frustrated. I had time for a grand total of .9 miles today. That's right. .9 miles. I was unable to run this morning because, in addition to one of my two coteachers having scheduled time off today (she'd already taken an unplanned day off Monday to help her DIL because she'd given birth Sunday night), the other called out because, last night, her MIL was rushed to the hospital and she was tired because she spent last night at the hospital with her husband. WTH? So, I was at work an hour early, so at least one of the regular teachers was in the classroom at all times. Then, three kids were more than half an hour late being retrieved.

Of course, when I took planned time to go to Israel for the marathon, even though I'd arranged for a substitute who's great with our kids, I was told by my co-teachers how much easier it is with me in the classroom. And I can't tell them how frustrating it is because they'll just tell me that I'll understand when I marry and have kids of my own.

When I pulled any crap at home that would have made me receive detention, etc., my parents left me to suffer the consequences of my actions. So, I rately misbehaved or lazed around the house, ending up late for school.

My brother's MIL is dying. My brother doesn't call in sick whenever she's in the hospital. He helps whenever he leaves work.)

So, no, I won't understand.

At least my boss and his wife, who have six school-aged kids of their own, understand that, even though I'm single and childless, I work a full at and deserve a life outside the classroom. They encourage and support my running, lifting, and other activities. They don't feel that I have to sacrifice my time outside of work because others have to.

I have 40.6 miles, so far, in my log for April. I was hoping to make April a 145-mile month. I don't know how I'll manage that now:/

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Basya I get it. So sorry you have to deal with that.

Marjorie

delicate flower

I did my hour on the elliptical.  Again.  I burned a bunch of calories though, so that's good.

Sorry to hear about the frustrations, Basya.

<3

B-Plus

I'm so sorry Basya. I get it.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I'm sorry, Basya. I understand. I'm married but without kids (by choice) and it's a completely different mindset. Your boss sounds wonderful though.

Luke79

6.1 miles @ 9:06.  I was ON today, and when I started out, I wasn't even into it much.  It was around mile 3 when I realized my foot doesn't hurt AT ALL and I was getting endorphins kicking in.  Great run....don't you love the great ones?  It put me right back in a positive mindset about my fitness in general Smile

Docket_Rocket

Ugh, Basya.  At least it it's Friday, right?

April, I knew you and I were somewhat twins.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

YAYpril - B-Plus

Ugh, Basya.  At least it it's Friday, right?

April, I knew you and I were somewhat twins.

Big grin

Luke, great run! I also had a revelation a few days ago that it's so nice to not have any sort of discomfort anywhere. Funny how that just makes it so much better.

Luke79

Big grin

Luke, great run! I also had a revelation a few days ago that it's so nice to not have any sort of discomfort anywhere. Funny how that just makes it so much better.

IT really does Smile