Beginners and Beyond

FriDAILIES: Go Out With A Bang (Read 46 times)

LRB

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

LRB

It has been one crazy week at work.  I have barely had time to play on the internet, the nerve of them!

Heading out for some easy miles then it is off to work Hell to finish what began on Monday.

Peace!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

LRB, do we work together?  I've been so busy I haven't had enough forum or fb time either!

Marjorie

Morning!

Have a good one LRB, Marjorie & everyone else!

Went out to give it a try today, did 2 miles.  Started to feel the injury at about 1.5 miles, although not too awful. IDK, hopefully there's progress. Will take the day off tomorrow & try again Sunday.

Dave

delicate flower

Happy Friday!  It's raining pretty good here this morning in the Pioneer Valley.  I hit the gym first thing this morning for an easy shakeout run plus a little PT.

So about last night........

I set out for a long run of 13-15 miles.  My last  LR of 14 miles a few weeks ago was at 9:40 pace so I just wanted to do better than that, hoping to run at 9:30 pace but going by feel.  I started off a little fast, but it felt easy so I just went with it.  I ended up running 15 miles of progression at 8:41 avg pace, starting at 9:15 pace and finishing at 8:21 pace.  Crap, that's a 15 mile run at marathon pace.  I thought for sure that at that pace I was going to slow down the last few miles, but I ended up speeding up.  Checking my Garmin log, that is easily the fastest training run of 14+ miles I've ever had.  I don't know how I ran that fast for that long.  I am really, really happy with that run.  I credit the unexpected cloudy 65 degree day.  WERD.

Hungry.....

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD today.

At least it's Friday, so my hell is only 7 more hours long.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I read your workout in FB last night but didn't comment.  Very nice!

Happy Friday!  It's raining pretty good here this morning in the Pioneer Valley.  I hit the gym first thing this morning for an easy shakeout run plus a little PT.

So about last night........

I set out for a long run of 13-15 miles.  My last  LR of 14 miles a few weeks ago was at 9:40 pace so I just wanted to do better than that, hoping to run at 9:30 pace but going by feel.  I started off a little fast, but it felt easy so I just went with it.  I ended up running 15 miles of progression at 8:41 avg pace, starting at 9:15 pace and finishing at 8:21 pace.  Crap, that's a 15 mile run at marathon pace.  I thought for sure that at that pace I was going to slow down the last few miles, but I ended up speeding up.  Checking my Garmin log, that is easily the fastest training run of 14+ miles I've ever had.  I don't know how I ran that fast for that long.  I am really, really happy with that run.  I credit the unexpected cloudy 65 degree day.  WERD.

Hungry.....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Happy July 26th.  Today is "Talk In An Elevator Day" and "System Administrator Appreciation Day"!

elevator cartoons, elevator cartoon, elevator picture, elevator pictures, elevator image, elevator images, elevator illustration, elevator illustrations

elevator cartoons, elevator cartoon, elevator picture, elevator pictures, elevator image, elevator images, elevator illustration, elevator illustrations

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Hope your run went hell well, LRB! Big grin

Marjorie, what do you do for work?  I was thinking 'accountant' since you're into double digits. Wink

Sorry the injury is still plaguing you, DaveP!

Congrats on your long run, Phil!  Raining, must be nice.  My city is about to go into Stage 3 Water Restrictions.

Happy SRD, Damaris!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

StepbyStep-SH

Good morning, all! I managed to get up and out the door for 5 easy miles, despite having more than my share of a bottle of port last night with friends and getting only 5 hours of sleep. Smile Now it's coffee and some banana blueberry coffee cake that I made yesterday - yum.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Gonna shoot for "easy 5" tonight to give a little recovery from yesterday's intense fartlek session and tomorrow's track work.  Sinus infection pissin me off!

And, yes, 1 more day of fluorescent light hell to go! Black eye

Randy

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

Dave, hopefully things go better on your next run.

Baboon, great run! Sounds like you went through Tommy John's surgery.

Scotty, great cartoons today. As a programmer I can appreciate the System Admin ones. Smile

Everyone else, good running.

There was a nip in the air this morning. 56 degrees with a 20 mph wind made it feel quite cool out. I did finish a 7 mile pace run @ 8:21 pace. With the run this morning I went over 1000 miles on the year. Smile It's a pretty neat accomplishment.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

This morning was 5 miles in an amazing 60 degrees, even better than Wednesday morning's run. It felt great, even the hills didn't slow me down (though it was my slow, easy run). Sunday I am looking forward to my 10 mile run in under 60 degrees, I can't wait!!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Hope your run went hell well, LRB! Big grin

Marjorie, what do you do for work?  I was thinking 'accountant' since you're into double digits. Wink

Sorry the injury is still plaguing you, DaveP!

Congrats on your long run, Phil!  Raining, must be nice.  My city is about to go into Stage 3 Water Restrictions.

Happy SRD, Damaris!

Nope. I'm a physical therapist. But I live math. I also have a masters degree in health administration (like an MBA but for health care). I was a big math geek in school.

Ran 10.6 this am.

Marjorie