Beginners and Beyond

Early bird catches the Saturdailies (Read 36 times)

delicate flower

Wakey wakey!  Speaking of which, boy did I sleep like hell last night.  Tossing, turning, and fidgeting all night.  I blame the late day 15 miler yesterday.  Today the wife and I have a nice easy 30 mile charity bike ride to do.  It'll feel nice to spin the legs at an easy effort.  I am hoping to run 7 easy miles later today too.

What's everyone got going on?  Good luck to everyone racing, and good luck to everyone running, biking, pilatesing, cross training, and awesomeing.  Take it away, dailies...I won't be able to check back in until later today.

<3

LRB

Wakey wakey!  Speaking of which, boy did I sleep like hell last night.  Tossing, turning, and fidgeting all night. 

Sounds like a normal night for me, hopefully it does not linger for you.

I am up early to catch a worm myself, I will catch up with everyone after my run!

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning!  I'm off to run myself. Back later today.

Marjorie

Cyberic

Morning, I'm back in the correct time zone, but I feel weird.

My last week in Spain I did not run much. We were traveling every other day so I figured I'd run every 2 days. But in Barcelona, our last apartment was on "La Rambla" and it is packed with people. I could have run in the morning but we had a planned visit to the "Sagrada Familia", and when we came back it was the zoo again.

Yesterday after we came back, unpacked and had something to eat, I went out for a short easy run to shake the plane cramping out of my legs. Didn't feel so good. Of course it was 1 AM in Spain time, so I blamed it on that. But this morning I still feel kinda dizzy. Oh well, I'm not the first with jet lag.

Got to get my weekly mileage back on track. Got a half coming end of September. I'll probably run my usual Saturday 8 miler during the son's soccer practice. Right back into my old routine.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

8.2. Waiting on a repair guy. Dh is taking the pups to the pool.

Marjorie

boy did I sleep like hell last night.  Tossing, turning, and fidgeting all night.  

Baboon troll! This can't be the real one.

11 miles easy. Plan to go to yoga later this morning as well.

Have a good Saturday everyone.

Dave

LRB

12 done, with a few at marathon pace mixed in there.

Boy my DS Racer 10's feel so good at MP, I hope my wonky ass left IT band holds up as the distances grow....

Now it's time to eat shit up!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  4 and XT tonight.

Woke up an hour ago.  Be very jealous, Phil, be very jealous.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

StepbyStep-SH

12.1 fairly ugly miles on a beautiful rail-trail. I am telling myself that stalking blue herons, spying a deer and a furry critter (either beaver or muskrat), glimpsing some cedar waxwings, and the little bits of fog lingering among the trees and water made up for feeling like slug.

Off to take DS to a program about raptors (birds of prey), then home to do some cleaning and make my home presentable enough for FIL and his girlfriend, since they are coming over for dinner, which will be glazed salmon on the grill, corn on the cob, cabbage slaw, fresh watermelon, ciabatta rolls, and maybe a chocolate zucchini cake, if I'm feeling ambitious.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

LRB

Welp, now that I have eaten my weight in carbs, I would say a nap is in order.  

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Had 7 easy on the plan this AM, so I decided to go race.

2.6 warmup

3.1 race (masters winner) - tempo effort

1.3 cool down

No PR or anything impressive, just nice workout.

B-Plus

Welcome back Cyber!

Plan is to run 14.

Ric-G

13 miles this AM ...was only planning on 10 or so but just kept going...

cyber - yup, running while out of town never quite goes as planned

baboon - sounds like one of my nights (every other nite)

dave - nice 11

marjorie - hope he gets there

step - at least the trail was cool

D - glad u could sleep in

lrb - a nap sounds about right

sly - congrats!

B - good luck on the 14

marathon pr - 3:16

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Dorian and I ran 3 miles right around 10 AM, so it was 83 degrees and still fucking humid...

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Zelanie

Well my 10 this morning after 11 with MP last night went about as well as could be expected.  I took it very easy since I was at the hilly park and the sun was out in full force.  In any case, I am now caught back up with this week's plan, and it was more than worth it for the time I got to spend with DD.