Beginners and Beyond

Saturday Penguins You Can Take This Snow And Shovel It! (Read 37 times)

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

YEs we had a blizzard last night....the snowfall has stopped but blizzard conditions are supposed to continue until 1:00pm meaning high winds and low visibility due to snow being blown around. And I have NO idea what the sidewalk and road situation may look like out there. So yeah, I feel like I may just stay indoors with my Wii Smile

Before winter hit, I was all about the "I'll run outside regardless of the conditions" attitude.  Then, I hit my first patch of ice.  I didn't hit the ground thankfully.  I did realize that how quickly a MAJOR setback could happen, and also thought about how many cars I've seen up in someone's yard.  Reality had set in.  Sometimes it's not about being tough.  It's about being smart, and living to run another day.

That being said, I don't think I could resist going for a walk and taking my camera.  My dad has some amazing pictures from the blizzard of 1978.  We had a pretty major storm in 1999, and I think the other was in 2000 or 2001.  I didn't take as many pictures, and I kind of regret it.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Morning!  I did 7 recovery miles and it's so hot, sunny, and humid, I got a huge tan during it.   Summer is here (well, it never left but still....)

Rub it in why don't you?

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Seriously, Damaris!

Rub it in why don't you?

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Here's what I'm running in tomorrow.  I had to buy some clothes that fit.  The shirt's a 1 X, but everything else is a large.  Me...in a large?  I'm mister 2X.  I think if it weren't for my shoulders, the shirt could probably be a large as well.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

awood I have seen a LOT of snow before. 2 winters ago we had a "snowpocaplyse" in NYC where we got a few feet dumped on us and the city was crippled for over a week. I grew up in NJ and it usually snowed a few times each winter, with a few memorable blizzards in 96, 98 and 2000. And I went to undergrad and grad at Ithaca College in upstate NY. It snowed 10 months out of the year. I'd rather be warm and safe in my apartment than go take pictures Smile

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Lookin good in the new race clothes!

Bin Running

You look fast in that. Sub25 is no problem. Go for that super secret goal. Sub23?

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Docket_Rocket

I'll remind you of that when my Summer starts.  Wait, it already did.    I would feel sorry for your blizzard if I ever had a Winter of less than 70F.  Did I mention the high yesterday was 84F?  Angry

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Your avi does not look anything like this!  Go get your sub-25.

Here's what I'm running in tomorrow.  I had to buy some clothes that fit.  The shirt's a 1 X, but everything else is a large.  Me...in a large?  I'm mister 2X.  I think if it weren't for my shoulders, the shirt could probably be a large as well.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Bin - To do that, I better leave the electronics at home...lol  The excitement of my splits could cause a major blow up.

One final thing!  I'm kind of a post-whore today.  I think I'm just glad to be home.  I need to get some chores done though.

Anyway, pewpewpew and I are in first place in the cutest couples contest.  I had that drive for likes last week, and so far the other couple has tried unsuccessfully to match our surge.  We have until Thursday.  So, pewpewpew is going to start another push next week to make sure that the other couple isn't sandbagging.  Currently 192 to 175.  Pewpewpew has 3 times the FB friends that I do.  So, I think we're going to pull it out.  I wouldn't have entered something like that in a million years, but when I saw that she entered us I really wanted to help her win it.  You guys came through big time.  You're awesome!!!

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Your avi does not look anything like this!  Go get your sub-25.

I know.  I have to shave my head today.  P3 says I look like a dirty hippy :-)

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

Docket_Rocket

You look great without the shave too!

And congrats on the win!

I know.  I have to shave my head today.  P3 says I look like a dirty hippy :-)

Damaris

Fundraising Page

hog4life

Awood, I can see it now...... The hair blowing in the breeze as you are hauling ass across the finish line Cool

Zelanie

Good morning!  WW again this morning, then going for my MLR of 8 later.  No winter storm here, but it has cooled back off and might rain, boo.  I hope that all you penguins stuck in the snowstorm stay safe!  And have some fun for those of us who don't get snow very often!

Jen16226- Good luck today!  I bet that being warm enough during the race won't be an issue! Smile

Gustav- Hope you are able to stay safe in the snow!

Mitch- I agree with bin.  The hay is in the barn.  Take the time to get the rest you need.

Lauren- You are hard core!

Bin- Glad the ankle is improving!

kristin- Enjoy the XT day!

Awood- Congrats on the new outfit!  I agree- you look so different than even a short time ago!  Go on and rock that 5K!

D- Sounds like a good choice adjusting the miles today.

Scotty- Sorry I missed wishing you a happy birthday yesterday!  Here is an ecard for you from the penguins!

N-Bug

Will run for beer.

Mornin everyone!  I am packed and about to head out the door.  I will not have any internet for the week - YEAAAH!  LOL  Running stuff is packed; running reading material is packed, everything.

Everyone have an awesome week and I'll check in next week.