Beginners and Beyond

Friday Penguins like Happy Holidays and Happy Hours! (Read 193 times)

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! 
    What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." 
    It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Good Morning Penguins!

Yesterday was thera - band exercise, stretching, and core work. Tonight is the party at my house!

Hope everyone is feeling well,as I now a few have been getting colds, etc. This year I have been taking bee pollen with ginseng to help ward off the winter nasties. The science behind it makes sense as it contains the stuff that keeps beehives free from bacteria and virus'.

TGIF!

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

Have fun at your party Gustav!! I am going to try to make it to my mothers Christmas party tonight, but I have to finish getting my house ready for my sister-in-law to arrive tomorrow! I am heading into work early today, hoping to get in 8 tomorrow before heading to the airport! Happy Friday everyone!

Completed my first half marathon 2:09:04!!!

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Gustav - Why didn't I get invited to this party?  I promise that I'm feeling great, and wouldn't have brought germs Big grin

Kristi - Christmas parties, and family!  Throw in an 8 mile run, and how does it get much better than that?

AFM - I'm going to take a short easy run after work, and throw in a few stride.  Looking forward to racing tomorrow.  It is going to be cold and rainy, but I plan to give it my best shot, and see if I can wipe out my PR.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

Gustav, paaaaarrrtaaaaaayyyy. Have fun.

Kristi, I agree with awood, party, family, running, doesn't get much better than that.

awood, good luck on the race, got a time goal?

Zel, what's your goal for the race?

I'd like to get 6-7 easy when I get up this evening. Just one more night shift, yay.

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone, I'm out of bed and at work today, that about all I can say. Was in bed pretty much the whole day yesterday and started running a fever lastnight. Feel decent this morning, doped up on tylenol and been taking some airborne, seems to be helping. Hopefully I can get back out there by Monday. Chest is still very congested... Sad

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Gustav, paaaaarrrtaaaaaayyyy. Have fun.

Kristi, I agree with awood, party, family, running, doesn't get much better than that.

awood, good luck on the race, got a time goal?

Zel, what's your goal for the race?

I'd like to get 6-7 easy when I get up this evening. Just one more night shift, yay.

My goal is to beat Zel...lol 

Honestly, I feel completely unprepared for this race on such short notice.  I've just been running easy miles every day.  That being said, I'd love to get a PR.  My current PR is 26:58:52.  I think Zel and I have agreed to leave the electronics at home.  So, I won't have anything to base my efforts on other than how I feel until I get to the finish line.  I've only raced a 5K hard one time.  I honestly wouldn't be disappointed if I just blew up in the second mile.  The only way I'll be disappointed is if I cross the line without a PR, and feel like I didn't run hard enough.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

hog4life

awood, lots of miles may help. I can't wait to hear about it.

Jimmy, hope you start to feel better soon.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Looks like I'm taking a full week off running. Not ideal but my body decided for me. I'm a little disappointed in myself. If I'm not running, I want to rest as much as possible and hope for my energy to come back and shake off this zombie syndrome.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

eatrunlivehappy

mom/superwoman

Good morning all!

Gustav- Are you seeing results with all the strength training you've been doing?

Kristi- Thanks for reminding me! My family christmas party is tomorrow night.  I love seeing everyone I haven't seen in a year.  Enjoy your time with you sister! And the 8.

Awood- Good Luck on your race!  I can't wait to hear about it. It's nice getting to know everyone on here and following their races, prs, ect..

H4L- Enjoy your 6-7 miles.  Do you always work night shift?  Or does it switch?  I couldn't imagine getting my sleep schedule all out of wack.  My dad works swing shift and it seems like he never gets out of the lazy boy when hes off.  He's always tired.

Jimmy- I hope you feel better.  Knock on wood but me and the kids have avoided sickness so far this winter.

Young mother cooking, eating, and running for both mental and physical health.  And I'm not as serious as that makes me sound :) www.eatrunlivehappy.com

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Happy Friday !   Heading to health club to use the strength machines.  Running is DW dependent.

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

Morning Pengs!

Gustav - have a great time at your party!

Kristi -good luck fitting in your 8 and have fun with your SIL!

Awood - GOOD LUCK tomorrow!! Have a great time!  You've been working so hard, I'm sure it will pay off!

jblackjr - don't rush your recovery, especially if it's in your chest!

Mitch - hope you have a great day!

AFM - I fit in 3 last night on the treadmill which wasn't great but since I don't have much time to run, I'm experimenting with running faster which is fun.  I did a full mile at 9:13 and I did a half mile at 8:30.  That is sprinting for me. Wink  I got up early today and squeezed in 3 miles and now I'm getting ready to head down for a day of Admissions Committee which I love!   I will definitely get another run in tonight as well.

Have  a great day everyone!  Enjoy your holiday parties!  I have one tomorrow and one sunday, can't wait!! 

Liz

Hey Doc

Feets don't fail me now

wow - lots of you guys snuck in, lol!

Kristin - great thought .  Since you cant run, you need to take it really easy and get the maximum possible benefit from the rest!

ERLH - hope you have a great day!

Jerry - if you and your DW decide to run, make it a great one!

eatrunlivehappy

mom/superwoman

Oh wait, I forgot to tell about me... I don't think I've ever forgotten to talk about myself. Cool

I got up again at 5am! Whoop! I did a 4 1/2 mile run.  At least I think that's about right.  I'll have to drive the route in my car.  OH! I ordered a Garmin!  Garmin 410 was on sale for half price on Amazon.com.  The BF said we have to share it.  I'm still pretty excited!   

Young mother cooking, eating, and running for both mental and physical health.  And I'm not as serious as that makes me sound :) www.eatrunlivehappy.com

eatrunlivehappy

mom/superwoman

Jerry-  It's great that you stick with working out even if you can't get a run in!

Doc- I always love hearing how you get anything you can in even though you are so busy.  It's inspiring!