Beginners and Beyond

Went to the doctor (Read 159 times)

Trail Monster

Bed news: I have a scratched cornea thanks to a cloud of iron dust spraying in my face at work.

good news: my heart rate was 49 and my oxygen saturation was 100%. My BP is a little high at 120/70 but that was probably due to pain and being PO'd right?

Big grin

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Village people

You were walkin down the street, rockin your beat

Clapping your hands and shuffling your feet...

Sounds like good news!

Docket_Rocket

Ouch at the eye.  Great news on the rest.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Seems like eye injuries heal fast.  Does it affect your running at all?

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Also, your 120/70 (unless you meant to type something higher) is not high at all.  In fact, your BP is 100% perfectly healthy!!!

That's a great doc visit.

Quick healing wishes on the eye!

Randy

Trail Monster

Seems like eye injuries heal fast.  Does it affect your running at all?

I don't see why it would. I'm supposed to get a referral to an eye doc today. I still plan to run after work if I can.

Thanks for the well wishes all!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Called the doctor, this is what he said:  "no more monkeys jumping on the bed".

/3rdgrade

Hope the cornea heals quickly for you.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I don't see why it would. I'm supposed to get a referral to an eye doc today. I still plan to run after work if I can.

Thanks for the well wishes all!

If you get an eye patch ask for one with a skull and crossbones on it!

Will run for scenery.

Eye patches are, without a doubt, the sexiest medical appliance ever.

I went to my doctor last week and he suggested I give up running and switch to biking.  This was after he noticed my dramatic weight loss over the past six months.  I mentioned that it was because I began running again, after learning and correcting the cause of my knee pain.  I emphasized that I now have zero knee pain.  I mentioned that I ran the Leadville marathon, with zero knee pain.  At no point since I re-started my running (supplemented by strength training the quads) have I had any knee pain whatsoever.  And I mentioned how much I really, really love running.

Well, he said, just keep it (bicycling) in mind, "for when the time comes...."

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

Well, he said, just keep it (bicycling) in mind, "for when the time comes...."

Next time he says that to you, ask him if he'd like the number of your shrink.  Ya know......."For when the time comes."  Or has his profession made it off the top 5 list of highest suicide rates?  Wink

Randy