Beginners and Beyond

SaturDAILIES: She's a little bit country and I'm a little bit rock 'n roll (Read 34 times)

LRB

Actually, I'm a little bit of a lot of things...none of which can be repeated here. 

LRB

'Sup crew!

It's a quality day so I am heading over to the trail for this mornings run.  I was going to do it at the track but remembered seeing a whole lot of activity when I ran by there last Saturday morning and do not want to take any chances with accessibility to the stupid thing.   It's a long ass drive to the trail but better safe than sorry.

You?

Cyberic

I'll run for an hour-ish. I'll put on two pairs of shoes (one at a time, before anyone mentions it) and hop in place before I go out and see if I need to still wear the big mothas. If the foot feels good, I'll probably do half of my run at goal HMP. But I might just make it an easy run also. I'll see.

Coffee first

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Rest day

back in class.

Scotty from yesterday, I'm taking a functional movement  class

Marjorie

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I have 6 and weights tonight.  And martinis.  After all, it's a great day to drink. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Zelanie

Morning!  No running for me today.  DD and I are heading up to Washington for the Blerch race tomorrow.  There will be Blerches, and cake, and nutella sandwiches, and grape drink, and couches along the route!  I think I'm going to have to run it "Scottydog style".

delicate flower

Pardon my French but I just fuckin' killed it on my long run.  21 miles at 7:45 avg pace.  My last 8 miles were the fastest.  7:27 pace for the marathon seems like it might be doable.

<3

B-Plus

12 miles before or after coffee. Then it's derby day in pdx. I wish I made the trip.

Zelanie

12 miles before or after coffee. Then it's derby day in pdx. I wish I made the trip.

I will wave at all the fans stuck in traffic as I'm cruising up in the other direction

Cyberic

Morning.  I have 6 and weights tonight.  And martinis.  After all, it's a great day to drink. 

What are you celebrating?

Docket_Rocket

What are you celebrating?

My birthday.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Cyberic

Pardon my French but I just fuckin' killed it on my long run.  21 miles at 7:45 avg pace.  My last 8 miles were the fastest.  7:27 pace for the marathon seems like it might be doable.

Great confidence booster run it seems. That's cool! (And your French is great BTW).

I had a much more modest run, but still great for my confidence in my foot. I wore my Wave Riders, which are also trainers, but more in the medium-trainer category whereas my Adidas are heavy-trainers. I ran 60 minutes with 30 minutes at HMP, no problem there. Ran on a hard packed dirt path, so it was more forgiving on the foot, but although I can feel the discomfort in the foot, I don't think it was altering my running at all.

Still don't know if I'll be racing in my Sayonaras (light-trainers), but if I have to, I'll race in the Riders and will be all right with that. I love those shoes. They're slower than the Sayonaras, but faster than the Asics Cumulus I used to run in, which were also medium-trainers.

Now, some coffee again.

Cyberic

My birthday.

Is it today? You kind of confused me this past week. Happy birthday Damaris! How old (or young) does that make you? Or are you the kind of lady who keeps that information to herself?

Zelanie

Happy birthday, Damaris!

Cy- I believe that she has a new AG, the same one I will be moving into in March. Smile

B-Plus

I will wave at all the fans stuck in traffic as I'm cruising up in the other direction

There are actually some potential serious delays up on the Washington side. Maybe not on weekends, but it's good to plan your trip. Let me see if I can find that email.