Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 31 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

LRB

Wassup!

At 25 degrees, today is the coldest morning of the season thus far.  Hopefully it is just an anomaly and not here for good!

How is it where you are?

It's 21 degrees here in central Illinois this morning with .75" of snow on the ground...........even broke down and turned on the furnace this morning to find out it won't kick in. I guess it's a call to a repair man today. It sucks being a grown up sometimes!

I'm taking a rest day today. Happy running everyone!

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

It is cold here in NYC too....temperatures in the 30s and expected to fall all day and eventually have a windchill of single digits tonight Shocked....some flurries expected today but nothing that will stick according to the news.

URD for me. I had some paperwork I needed to get up early and do before work, so I've been up since 5:00 but unfortunately not running. My right shin is bugging me a little bit again, too, so I'm not too upset about the URD and it is probably for the best anyway.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Not as cold here, 38* this morning, perfect for my first ever round of speed work. Smile  9 miles with 4 at HM pace done, great run!  Can't wait to see what I can do with some more focused training under my belt.  Definitely a different kind of satisfaction from just having a good run, to nailing a specific workout, I like it!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Timmynoggy:  a device that saves time and labor.    In today's case....my couch! 

Today is definitely a rest day for me.  Saturday I did my 63rd race of 2013 - http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/7065ae8903b9498f80b07c733856e280/resume#focus.     Sunday, went to Fort Sam Houston and ran 3.2 miles of hills.    Monday, went to the YMCA as my starting point, did 3.5 miles easy, and then did a weight training circuit after I got back to the gym.  Rest day today, very unusual for me to run 3 days in a row.  My arthritis is letting me know about it!    Did have a nice dinner with Gail on Veteran's Day at Olive Garden, they were providing a very discounted items menu for all vets.  The place was really busy - San Antonio, with 5 military locations/bases is known as "Military City", so lots of vets and their families showing up - but we got in pretty quickly, actually.

So what Timmynoggy are you using today, if any?

Sorry about the cold weather, LRB and Sparker and Kristin.   However, ya'll are in "winter snow" states, right?  Where, unlike here in South Texas, there is REAL winter, correct? Tis the season....bundle up!   OK, this should make LRB and Sparker and the "real winter" folks  laugh...the cold Canadian air moving down from the North will bring us a "cold' front for a few days starting later this evening.  Right now it is about 63 degrees (6:21 a.m. Texas time) but by 5 PM our time we are supposed to drop all the way into - GASP! - the 40s!   Tomorrow morning and for the next few days, it will be in the 30s when we get up.  Which makes us feel cold, since it's a 20+ degree drop in temp for us...but still nothing like the 'real winter" states get.

Sorry about the furnace, Sparker, better get that resolved quick!

Good luck with the paperwork, Kristin.  I know how you feel.  I had a 3-day weekend - off yesterday for Veteran's Day - and now have about 100 e-mails to read.  Catch-up, catch-up!

38 isn't cold, Dave? Shocked   You must have part ice-water in your veins. Wink   Congrats on your speed work!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Nice job Dtothe2nd!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning!

The weather is yucky here today. It will get colder as the day progresses and we'll have cold rain and maybe a mix of stuff depending on what the temp is when the precip hits. So, I'll take a RD today and do some yoga in my nice, warm house.

Today is the dreaded meeting day. I'm half time and Tuesdays are usually anywhere from 6-8 hours of meetings. Today will be the 8 hour variety. So almost half my week will be vaporized. I worked 5 Sunday, so early weekend for me!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Weights and kickboxing tonight.

Muhahahaha.  This is where I tell you it's 80F here in Miami.  Well, it fucking is.  So, high of 90s heat index today.  Bah.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

on my way to badass

It's 24* here with snow on the ground. I plan to do an easy 3 miles today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Good luck with the meeting, Hobbit.

Snow on the ground already, Stone Fence?  Are you in Canada?  Or maybe Minnesota...which is about Canada... Wink

Happy workout, Damaris.  I'd take your temps any time over the 40s and 30s.  I HATE cold weather!

OK, off to do some catch-up at work.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

delicate flower

So what do you say there, internetters!  Windy, a little rainy, and cold here today.  With the weather being such, I treadmilled before work.  7 miles at 7:57 pace.

<3

on my way to badass

Not Canada. Upstate NY. I can still see the grass through the snow;-)

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

Mmmmm...beer

Scotty, I said not *as* cold lol  But I actually like running in the cold, because I get really hot when I run (re: sweat a lot!!).  30-40* is my favorite, I can wear a thin layer with light gloves and hat and be perfectly comfortable.

Thanks Kristin!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Rocky and I got 5 miles in on the trails this morning, freezing cold with a temperature of 34 degrees (my gloves weren't warm enough) but we got out there anyways. Rocky of course loved it, and we ran the course for the race this Saturday which is marked very well. It is a 5k loop so I'll be running it 3 times Saturday, I am hoping that there aren't too many ladies running the 15k so that I can maybe place in the top 3. 

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)