Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 31 times)

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Dailies.

7 miles with some strides for me. 52 miles this week, 44 (I think) next week, and then taper time...

Have a great day.

Ric-G

sounds like some cold temps are already here...plan to do 5 after work and then tkd with my younger son...have a good day all!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

It's 24* here with snow on the ground. I plan to do an easy 3 miles today.

I love the line in your profile about the 13.1 magnets.  It was a fine day indeed when I finally stuck that bad boy onto my truck!

D2 it's hard to believe you have not done speed work in all this time!

I am on my lunch break, and having just constructed a salad that weighs 1.5 LB's, I may be here for awhile!

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning dailies.

It was 6 degrees this morning with a 10 mph wind. Good thing I've already moved indoors. It would be unfair to my washing machine if I layered up so much just to run outside. I did 6 Easy on the TM this morning. I really wish the TM I use would go above 1 hour. I think there's a setting somewhere that some sort of administrator could change to get it to go above an hour. I let them know but I don't think they've looked in to it. To get around it I just stop the TM and then start it up again.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Hip Redux

Hey guys!  So I started my day with a test that resulted in me nearly passing out and a BP of 155/90.  So... it can only get better from here!

Rest day for me.

Mmmmm...beer

D2 it's hard to believe you have not done speed work in all this time!

I am on my lunch break, and having just constructed a salad that weighs 1.5 LB's, I may be here for awhile!

I think the same thing sometimes. lol  I've been telling myself for pretty much the last year that I was going to start, and just never have.  I just liked getting out there and running easy, enjoying the miles.  But I knew it was coming eventually, and turns out, I like it (so far, I'm sure I'll be complaining about some of the workouts that I know are coming lol).

Damn, now that's a salad! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I see why your name is Brrrr

Morning dailies.

It was 6 degrees this morning with a 10 mph wind. Good thing I've already moved indoors. It would be unfair to my washing machine if I layered up so much just to run outside. I did 6 Easy on the TM this morning. I really wish the TM I use would go above 1 hour. I think there's a setting somewhere that some sort of administrator could change to get it to go above an hour. I let them know but I don't think they've looked in to it. To get around it I just stop the TM and then start it up again.

Have a great day everyone!

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

scappodaqui

rather be sprinting

Brrr, I had exactly the same issue today!  Cold and took it indoors for 5 easy TM miles.  MY gym's treadmill doesn't go longer than FORTY minutes.  I'm gonna have to find an alternative, because that's quite annoying.  My easy pace has me coming in at 5 miles just a minute or two over 40 minutes, so I totally cursed in public today.

As a side note, I am also just plain nervous about treadmill running and possible form issues.  I would much rather run outside.  (And usually I do--all of my runs since coming back from injury have been on a soft dirt track around the reservoir).  But it's so cold now and I don't want to get 5 cases of bronchitis, as happened the year before last (my first year of serious running outdoors).

Hm.

PRs: 5k 19:25, mile 5:38, HM 1:30:56

Lifting PRs: bench press 125lb, back squat 205 lb, deadlift 245lb

delicate flower

As a side note, I am also just plain nervous about treadmill running and possible form issues.  I would much rather run outside.  

I used to have a pretty high tolerance for the treadmill, meaning I could routinely bang out double digit runs on one without much a problem.  Over the summer, I ran almost 100% outdoor miles.  I have found trying to ease back into treadmill running now to be very mentally difficult.  It never used to be that way, but now I'm going nuts just three miles into a run.  I'm hoping I get some of that tolerance back. 

<3

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Oh, I forgot to tell y'all this morning:  

My run yesterday morning in the park by the Zoo was INTENTS!  And no I did not spell that wrong because.....I was on a trail by the Zoo, very nice paved trail that goes along the river.  There is this one part that has a sharp curve to the right, you can't really see what's around it till you get to the other side of the curve.   So there I am zipping around the curve...and WHAM!!! Ran right into the canvas of a big ole Exposition Tent the Zoo folks had set up.  "Bounced" myself back about 2 feet, and right onto my keister.  WTH?  This tent was HUGE, both width and length and covered the WHOLE trail across and went right up to the Zoo fenceline. When I finally continued my run, I had to go left and work my way across the grass on that side and down the length of the tent to and then behind it to get back onto the trail.  Sheesh!

Meanwhile, before my run continued...the Zoo Workers inside the tent setting up everything were about falling down laughing watching me 'trampoline' myself off the tent material.  To their credit they did come check on me to make sure I was okay, and helped me up.  I found out the tent was for the exhibit that day of the Sumatran Tiger Cubs which had been born at the Zoo in August and Monday would be their first 'showing' to the public.   Well that's all nice and everything - and the Tiger, by the way, happens to be my favorite animal - but sheesh put a warning up on the trail somewhere ahead of the tent about the thing being RIGHT THERE around the curve.

Well, no harm done, and I had to laugh with them, I must've looked pretty darn funny, canvas careening.   The rest of my run, thankfully, was uneventful.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

It was 6 degrees this morning with a 10 mph wind.  Dang, Andrew, that is just SO wrong....Shaking Head Sad emoticon (Sad Emoticons)

Et tu, Scapp? Sad

I feel for ya.  It's been a long time since I've been in any REAL cold weather. But I have run in it. When I was in Ohio, yeah, that was REAL winter and I remember 'layering up" with all my winter stuff, my Gortex jacket and gloves, and so forth, and doing some runs when it was 10 degrees out with a wind chill that made it feel even colder.  Yeah, I was hardcore back then, lol.   Don't think I could do it these days, my old bones seem to feel the cold more as I age.  So I like being in Texas with the warmer temps and no "real" winter here in San Antonio.  However, I can empathize with what you real winter folks deal with.

What's up with your treadmills?  That's crazy.   The TMs here in my local area gyms, seems like you can go on them forever.  Altho, during "peak" periods, the gym staff does give you a time limit.  The TMs don't stop automatically but the staff will stop you after an hour during peak time.  Other than that time, you can get on those darn things and run miles and miles and miles.

Dang, Oski, that's terrible!  Hope you're okay now!   I'm surprised they didn't hospitalize you for tests with a BP like that.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Rocky and I got 5 miles in on the trails this morning, freezing cold with a temperature of 34 degrees (my gloves weren't warm enough) but we got out there anyways. Rocky of course loved it, and we ran the course for the race this Saturday which is marked very well. It is a 5k loop so I'll be running it 3 times Saturday, I am hoping that there aren't too many ladies running the 15k so that I can maybe place in the top 3. 

3 loops of the same course?  That would really try my patience, lol.   I can only do about 1 loop on a track before I have to get off the darn thing, drives me crazy!   Good luck with that, FreeSoul!

Hip Redux

Dang, Oski, that's terrible!  Hope you're okay now!   I'm surprised they didn't hospitalize you for tests with a BP like that.

Within a period of five minutes, I was right back to normal!

An enigma, I tell ya.

Docket_Rocket

Within a period of five minutes, I was right back to normal!

An enigma, I tell ya.

Are you tracking everything you eat and drink too?  I wonder if we'll see a pattern eventually of what is causing these.  Sorry you had to go through this again!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Brrr, I had exactly the same issue today!  Cold and took it indoors for 5 easy TM miles.  MY gym's treadmill doesn't go longer than FORTY minutes.  I'm gonna have to find an alternative, because that's quite annoying.  My easy pace has me coming in at 5 miles just a minute or two over 40 minutes, so I totally cursed in public today.

Whaaaaaat?! 40 minutes is crazy.

- Andrew