Beginners and Beyond

Surly SaturDAILIES (Read 32 times)

StepbyStep-SH

Smile

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

I'm sure the rest of you are in a fine mood, but I'm a bit surly this morning.

I had planned on a 2-3 hour long run today, but my ribs are just way too sore. So I need to find something to fill that time.

Hope everyone else has a fantastic day!

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

5.1. All continuous. Minimal discomfort. But I was taped. No walking. Very happy with it. Didn't do 10 but really wanted too. 

Marjorie

Just B.S.

Yesterday I swam at 7am before work then ran 7 miles in temps of 9F directly after work with

windchill making it feel like 5F.

Taking the day off running today and hubby/son, myself and the two pooches are going trail

hiking. It's 9F again today so we will be bundled up.

Have to make a big decision in the next 2 weeks. Our travel/marathon running group has the

plan for our next trip. ITALY with a marathon in Verona one weekend and one in Lake Garda

the next weekend.  We don't have details of the other cities/day trips. That will be our deciding

factor.

This would be our 30th wedding anniversary trip so if we don't go with the group we will plan our

own European/marathon trip. We have been to Boston, Bermuda and Ireland for marathons with

these same folks and have a lot of fun with this group so it's a tough decision.

Has anyone been to Italy and just stayed in the north? will I feel like I am missing a lot by not

heading to Rome, etc?

Have to make a big decision in the next 2 weeks. Our travel/marathon running group has the

plan for our next trip. ITALY with a marathon in Verona one weekend and one in Lake Garda

the next weekend.  We don't have details of the other cities/day trips. That will be our deciding

factor.

This would be our 30th wedding anniversary trip so if we don't go with the group we will plan our

own European/marathon trip. We have been to Boston, Bermuda and Ireland for marathons with

these same folks and have a lot of fun with this group so it's a tough decision.

Has anyone been to Italy and just stayed in the north? will I feel like I am missing a lot by not

heading to Rome, etc?

Better to just stay in the north than not go at all! If you are in Verona you will be close to Venice or Milan. Rome is quite a ways away, but Florence is not too far, and that is my favorite city in Italy.

Dave

delicate flower

HEY-OHHHH!  5 easy treadmill miles this morning, closing out the month with 245, a personal best.

Turkey Day #2 at Oski's today.  We're putting each other through the fun that is the annual family turkey gatherings.  Oski and Mr Oski seem to have survived my family.  Now Round Two.

<3

Just B.S.

Better to just stay in the north than not go at all! If you are in Verona you will be close to Venice or Milan. Rome is quite a ways away, but Florence is not too far, and that is my favorite city in Italy.

We are going to Europe next fall but if we don't go with the group will likely go to Austria/Germany instead.
                Good thing/bad thing is that it is a group designed bus trip so we have to stick with the group itinerary. I

guess we would always rent a car and branch off for a few days on our own.

Thanks for the FYI on Florence!

Happy Saturday everyone! I tried to avoid all stores yesterday but my75 year dear ole dad just had to go to BestBuy to get mom an iPod.......so off we went.

i got 4 miles in this morning s now off to the grocery store.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Ric-G

step - feel better and rest up

marjorie - glad it felt better

justb - wow, icy temps

baboon - congrats on the mileage

sparker - glad you survived best buy

what's up dave?

9 miles this AM. off to breakfast with some extended family. son wants to see hunger games later...we'll see. have a great saturday all!

marathon pr - 3:16

LRB

Supp Clique!

I took the new kicks for a 5 mile progression run this morning:

8:30

7:59

7:51

7:26

7:09

They felt a little thin at first, but once I warmed up they were fine.  I actually think I will be able to run easy in them as well as race/interval training.

I would have liked to have dipped under 7 minutes for that last mile, but I am just not back at that fitness level yet.  As it is, I ran an 8:19 cool down mile for 6 total.

Everything held together pretty good.  Today was a good day!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

29:03 this morning.... Not a PR. Between a feels like temp of 16 degrees and a steep hill, I kind of let my pace slip big time in the back half despite starting at PR pace (my PR is 28:16). But it was for my Uncle and that was what was important! 2 5K PR attempts with one day rest in between was maybe a bit too adventurous.... Looking back I wish I'd not have tried to PR on Thanksgiving because I think I would have had it in me today.... But I wanted that race to be a PR and today to be for fun, decided though to see what I had in me today anyway though. For what it's worth, I finished 24 seconds faster today than Thurs.  

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Giggle. We were at the doggie pool. (Hammy had back surgery two years ago. He goes every week for swimming ti keep him strong). Quincy hates the water so he doesn't get in. Just runs around the deck and such. Well today he finally got too adventurous and fell in.  Slide right down the ramp. Poor guy. His eye got huge with the 'oh shit' face. Lucky one of the girls was right there to help him back up the ramp. Still was funny. Hammy kept on swimming. Didn't even loose a beat.

We we knew it was just a matter of time but doesn't make it any less funny.

Marjorie

Pinktastic

Happy Saturday, Runners!

Shari - I'm sorry that your ribs are keeping you from the nice, long run you had planned.  Hopefully resting today will get them squared away soon!

3.17 miles outside this morning.  It seems that in addition to all the fitness I've lost with my injuries this year, I've also lost the ability to pace myself without the TM.   :-(. Consequently, when I run outside, I start off too fast, even though I'm cons iously trying to start slowly.   Then when I hear my pace at the 1st mile, I think Oh Sh!t and really try to slow down even more which results in mile 2 being just as fast as mile 1 or faster.   Then, I end up having to walk 100 - 300 yards in mile 3,   It's very frustrating!   I really need to work on that more.

I'm heading out to watch my nephew's soccer practice.   4 year olds practicing soccer should be highly entertaining!

Have a Pinktacular day!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

Docket_Rocket

Hi!  Thought I posted earlier.  One hour from Cocoa, then the expo, the shuttle, and food, lots of food.

Beth, do it!  If you get a chance to see Florence is worth it.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Did a 5K this morning.  This was my 68th race of 2013.    Report and photos are here:

http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/Post/37b8a5c3d1b7468ba7da1a76109d1c5b#focus

Gail and I were going to the University of Texas San Antonio football game today, but she is not feeling so well, slight fever, upset stomach, etc.  She said we should go anyway, but I told her NO.  The Alamodome in San Antonio can be pretty 'drafty' and I don't her to get any sicker.   I think my True Love's health is a bit more important than a football game.   Big grin  So she is now resting and I am watching football on TV.

One more 5K for me this holiday weekend.  I am doing my 3rd 5K of the holiday weekend tomorrow at 9 a.m. in Downtown San Antonio.

So sorry about the ribs, Step.  Hope you can find something to fill the time.   Rib injuries suck, kinda like back injuries, cuz if your ribs or back hurt, just about any kind of movement you do can be really uncomfortable.

Woohoo for your 5, Marjorie!   Even if you were taped...so what?  You got it done!  And kudos to you for behaving yourself and not pushing it.  Hope you are back to 100% in no time!   lol, about Quincy...he sounds like me, I am such a klutz.  If we ever visit your area someday in the future, it may be better that Quincy and I don't run together EVER, lol.    Just think of the potential adventures we two could have... Joking

Dang  Beth, swimming and then 9-degrees run!  You are one tough cookie, lady!  As for the trip, I'm with Dave.  I enjoyed what I saw when I was in Rome, but it is very 'touristy"...and crowded!   I much preferred the areas outside of Rome.   As he said, Florence is quite beautiful.  You'd probably enjoy Ravenna too - about a 2 hour drive from Florence..high points with lots of scenic views of valleys, etc.   Rimini is pretty close too, and right on the Adriatic Sea...nice ocean views.  There is also a lot of "Roman Empire" history in those two cities.

Have fun with the Oski folks, Baboon and MBC!

Your Dad is brave, Sparker.  Glad y'all survived Black Friday!

Nice running for you, LRB!  Glad the new shoes are working for you!

Ric, hope you enjoy the movie if you go!

Nice racing, Kristin!   You did your uncle proud!

It will come back to you, Sarah, just give it time.

Happy expo-ing, Damaris!  And stay away from the fried oreos...a favorite here at Texas fairs and expos for some reason... Tight lips

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt