Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

TEAM 2013-5
    Member Goal Status
    Love the Half 2750 Vet
    jeebeerunner 2345 Vet
    mtbbaboon 2013 New
    BruceD555 2013 New
    DJJan 2000 New
    Vwaldoguy 1900 Vet
    Venomized 1800 Vet
    Crew_Dawg 1600 Vet
    crazyrunninglady 1500 Vet
    jgeigle 1500 Vet
    TheBanshee 1300 Vet
    c0derunner 1300 New
    Kristin79 1200 New
    SgtMojo 1200 New
    ZackCB 1200 New
    big_fish74 1200 Vet
    BaltimoreCarlos 1200 New
    re_birth70 1200 New
    mithrandir 1000 Vet
    Jusbecuz 900 Vet
    Dan_The_CPA 800 Vet
    FastTurtle 800 Vet
    Tagalong 800 Vet
    DiTrying 750 New
    Kaibri 700 New
    LikeHoney 600 New

Our Facebook group is

https://www.facebook.com/home.php#!/groups/570328016314535/

Come say hi, vote for a team name, and if someone would like to be captain feel free to volunteer.  But as I clearly have plenty of time on my hands, I'm ok with being captain as long as you all don't mind someone incapable when it comes to spreadsheets.

Village people

I sent a request on FB.

delicate flower

HELLO.

Clown

<3

Merry christmas team!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

And to all of you too!!!  Smile

I got plane tickets to my favorite race.  What running goodies did you get?

Trail Monster

Merry Christmas!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

BruceD555

Merry Christmas!

Train smart ... race smarter.

BaltimoreCarlos

The Iberian Wonder

Just checking in. I have also requested to be added to the Facebook group.

Good luck to everyone! I am very excited about hitting my mileage goals this coming year.

Current PR's:  5K - 22:43 | 8K/5Mi - 36:35 | 10K - 53:23 | 10Mi - 1:33:44 | HM - 1:58:02 | Marathon - N/A

Sprint Triathlon - 1:27:37 | Olympic Triathlon - N/A

2013 Goals:     5K - 20:59 | 8K/5Mi - 34:59 | 10K - 44:59 | 10Mi - 1:14:59 | HM - 1:44:59 | Marathon - 3:59:59

Sprint Triathlon - N/A | Olympic Triathlon - 2:39:59

So this is kind of funny, I have no idea where to post.  We have a thread at that "other" place, we have a thread here, and we have a FB group.  Eeeeeny meeeeny meiny mo... to which chat thread do we go?  Catch a tiger by the tail, if we post in the wrong one, we're gonna fail.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I think almost everyone has joined the FB group that has checked in at any of the other places.  Personally, I am not real big on RW these days - I pretty much only head over there for miles game related stuff.  I'll start a team thread there the first few weeks for the benefit of anyone who may have missed out but my intention would be that our communication be through FB.  I've got to sift through the members to start matching up screen names to faces and figure out who might be missing.  I fear, though, given that I have started posts EVERYWHERE about this that those who have not checked in are among the RW casualties.

That's certainly possible, hasn't even thought Of that.  The first few weeks will share all that out I think.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Only one other team has more members on their FB group than ours so hopefully if there is attrition, it will be evenly distributed.  We have 21 out of 26 members in the FB group at the moment.

So how does one go about getting on a team?  I take this is all about the miles and not how fast or slow you do them?

Do I have to pledge or something?

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                            • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                            • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

BCR, yes, this game is not about speed, but just about setting a mileage goal, and then reporting your data each week.  The game was announced a few weeks ago, and teams were assigned last week.  I think the game is closed right now.

Village people

Is there any way to open it up for a few days? It would be great if this wasn't just a rwol game.