Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

Trail Monster

Phil, sorry it's not going so well. I saw your post on FB and got all excited and then saw that it was a no go and got down again. I hope you get surgery quickly so you can move on!

Kristin - Awesome news on the knee! And nice runs!

Bruce - Great job on the 14!

code - take your running gear and do what you can, even if it's only a mile. It might feel good!

6.5 tonight with 8 x 400m at 6:58 pace. I can't believe I was able to do that! *happy dance* In other awesome news, I just broke 100 miles so far for the year on tonight's run. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

6.5 tonight with 8 x 400m at 6:58 pace. I can't believe I was able to do that! *happy dance* In other awesome news, I just broke 100 miles so far for the year on tonight's run. Smile

That is awesome Dude.  Keep up the good work.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
      • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
      • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

delicate flower

Damn you sound like a running back in the NFL.   I'm hoping you pull an Adrian Peterson and come back bigger and stronger.

I'm really sorry to hear about this.  You and I can just cheer these guys from the bench.  Maybe you will be able to help slowly at the end of the year?  If you have the time and don't mind keep us up-to-date on how things are going. 

Yeah, I'll keep hanging around the team locker room here like any injured player.  Smile  I am guessing I'll be running again by mid-year, though much slower and a lot less miles.  Last time I had ACL surgery, it was four months from surgery to light treadmill running.  This time I am 50 pounds lighter which I am hoping might speed the process up a little.

<3

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Yeah, I'll keep hanging around the team locker room here like any injured player.  Smile  I am guessing I'll be running again by mid-year, though much slower and a lot less miles.  Last time I had ACL surgery, it was four months from surgery to light treadmill running.  This time I am 50 pounds lighter which I am hoping might speed the process up a little.

It should.  My level of fitness and weight (which was more impressive at the time) were credited for my extremely rapid return to running after knee surgery.  In lieu of the three month follow up, my ortho and I ran a race together.  (my second race since the surgery - I started runnign 3 weeks post op, ran my first race 6 weeks post up and ran a pr 4 months post op.)  My surgery was a plica removal and a lateral release but most people take 6 months or more to recover from a lateral release.

Village people

I am glad that you will be sticking around. We will cheer you on while you heal.

I hit my weekly goal today. How far I go over it is up in the air. Weekends are busy and DH is working on Sunday. Looks like I will be watching the football game all by my lonesome.

Trail Monster

18 today to put me 22-ish over goal for the week. I would like to hit 50 for the week so I'll probably do 4 recovery miles tomorrow. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Village people

18 today to put me 22-ish over goal for the week. I would like to hit 50 for the week so I'll probably do 4 recovery miles tomorrow. Smile

Nice! I need 5 to hit 50. I think I should make a preemptive strike on football snacks!

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

Morning all.  Well I really should go run long in the hills but its single digit wind chill temps right now and that would mean I would be running the return leg of 6+ miles directly into the wind.  I can take my flat route and catch a cross wind just about all the time as well.

Morning all.  Well I really should go run long in the hills but its single digit wind chill temps right now and that would mean I would be running the return leg of 6+ miles directly into the wind.  I can take my flat route and catch a cross wind just about all the time as well.

Yeah, I hear ya.  I'm going to wait until 3.. weather channel says it should be a bit calmer then.

Village people

It is really gusty in NH. I am hoping that no trees fall on power lines. I will not be happy if I can't watch football.

Have great runs, you guys.

Trail Monster

Windy here too! Weather channel says we're going to get a snow storm this afternoon. Put in 3.5 more miles on the TM to make it an even 50 for the week. I also posted. Let's get 100% team!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Posted! 31.4 this week. Banking a few miles.

Miles will be way down.  I still plan to get a TM run in tonight at the gym, after work of course, then a late afternoon family movie and dinner.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Ok - I'm a a little slow and a good chunk of you have posted already but here is the thread if you need it

http://forums.runnersworld.com/forums/runner-communities/beginners#plckforumpage=ForumDiscussion&plckdiscussionid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477Discussion%3Adbace013-d3cd-404c-a729-cbbed5d9f53d&plckpostid=&plckforumpostonpage=1&plckforumpostshowfirstunread=&plckforumid=Cat%3ARunner%20CommunitiesForum%3A608106477

Message me here or on FB if you need anything.

The boy (Christian/mithrandir) and I ran a 5 miler this morning.  Auto PR for me as I've never done the distance.  I'd have liked 41 but given the time I lost due to injury and the weight I've gained due to injury 41:53 is not so far off my 10k pace on a challenging course to annoy me.  And it's part of my gradual steps leading back to a hopeful marathon in May.  5k done.  5 miler done.  Next up 10k as part of a duathlon and then a half at the end of February.  Continue to have decent results and no injuries and I can go back to Cleveland.  Smile  As if the husband weren't enough, my orthopedist quizzed me about the state of my leg - after he ran the marathon (in 3:19.)  So I can't complain about a 2nd place age group finish or my time necessarily but I'll be happy when I'm not running 5 milers anymore.

Christian, OTOH, adores the distance.  He ran a small PR coming in at 32:48.  1st AG, 4th overall despite having tripped in the parking lot and possibly spraining his wrist (it better not be broken cause that would trash track season.)  After the 5 mile awards, he spent the rest of the morning running in three of my friends that were doing the marathon so he got some good miles this morning in addition to his award.

Warrior Princess you sound like you had a fun week of running and lots of quality time with the boy.  Awesome.

For the non-record I got in 56 this week with a decent 16 mile run.  Cutback week a little so my mileage should be down a bit but I have always sucked at those.

*FWIW - I just like the sound of Warrior Princess better than Crazy Running Lady :-)

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                                • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                                • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon