Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

Winning is not what we are looking for here but we are looking to destroy the other team. 

Full of awesome.

Well, destroy might be a big challenge since only 2 or 3 miles separate the teams.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Trail Monster

Ugh, you are all making me feel awful about deciding to cut my run short. It was supposed to be an easy hour so I thought I'd go for 6 miles. 1 mile in my legs hurt and I had no motivation and my treadmill belt started slipping and sliding so I ran/walked to 3 and quit. I have a class from 7-8:30 but maybe I can put in a couple more before bed. Sad

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Only his fourth goal matters.  Smile

Oddly enough his 5k goal is the same as Christian's.  But I don't believe Christian will be attempting goal 2 or 3 any time soon.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Ugh, you are all making me feel awful about deciding to cut my run short. It was supposed to be an easy hour so I thought I'd go for 6 miles. 1 mile in my legs hurt and I had no motivation and my treadmill belt started slipping and sliding so I ran/walked to 3 and quit. I have a class from 7-8:30 but maybe I can put in a couple more before bed. Sad

I ran a little extra since it was nice outside so it's all good.

Remember the goal is to win the year.  We won't do that if we all get hurt trying to win one week.  I have every confidence that we are a very strong team and that we have a good shot at taking the year.  Especially once Phil is back!

Yup, good point.  Win the war is the goal, losing a battle or two is ok along the way.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

A favorite quote of mine from Fringe (probably stolen from somewhere else)  "Do not mistake a winning play for a winning game."

And that is why I can't bring myself to get too worked up over a match up so early in the year.

Trail Monster

I got 12 in today and I'm at 33 for the week which is over goal. I'll see how I feel tomorrow and see about putting in some recovery miles to make it at least 35 for the week. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Village people

i think I wIll have 54 for the week. It depends on my wine consumption. This will be my first 200+ month, I am excited!

DJ, wow, what an awesome month!  Congrats on the new milestone.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

i think I wIll have 54 for the week. It depends on my wine consumption. This will be my first 200+ month, I am excited!

I love that you are on my team.

More wine, more miles?

Trail Monster

I may need some wine for the upcoming week. My coach's assignment appears to be around 55-60 miles! EEK!

I posted 33 for the week. Hope it's enough for another W!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

More wine, more miles?

This is a plan I can support.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I may need some wine for the upcoming week. My coach's assignment appears to be around 55-60 miles! EEK!

I posted 33 for the week. Hope it's enough for another W!

I accidentally acquired a coach today.  I'm not sure when I'll start getting specific assignments.  He asked me so many questions I almost confused myself.  But he seems to believe that 4:10 is not only doable but possibly a soft goal for Cleveland - even with my husband's request that I have 2 rest days a week and not peak above 55 this time.