Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

Village people

Hey team!  Another win!!  Just be careful about getting too cocky just yet.  Many teams have started out strong only to be taken out in the first round of the finals.

i'm not 100% sure of how this game works, but I have my goal for the year and i will reach that. I kind of have a plan. I am planning on higher miles in the early months of the year, because in the summer my time will be limited. I can only do so much with six kids home. Phil should be running by then, so hopefully that will work out.

I don't know what running I will do today. DD3 is sick, so she needs her mommy.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

My miles drop off in the summer because of kids too.  Smile

Everyone will have fluctuations based on their training cycles and their life.  Yes, the goal should be hitting that annual number.  Anything you can squeeze in without hurting yourself is icing.  But hitting the annual goal is the biggie.

DJ, hope your kiddo gets well quick.

I have a plan, but I rarely follow it.  The plan is more of a guideline, but often, it gets juggled around based on my work schedule, overtime, etc.

DW's car was hard to start this morning, and it's probably only going to get worse over the next day or so.  Temp was about 7 above this morning, wind chill about -12.  Definitely a TM day.  I've got a sore glute though, so may take it easy today.

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

BCR, you make me laugh.  I don't know how you latched on to Team 5, but glad to have you along for the ride. 

It's pretty simple.  I like winners and nice people.  This group is full of those type of people!

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
          • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
          • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

i'm not 100% sure of how this game works, but I have my goal for the year and i will reach that. I kind of have a plan.

Actually I don't know how this game works either.  Might be a good reason for me to shut the hell up.  How do you make the playoffs and when do they start?  I would hate for the playoffs to start the week after everyone runs their big goal race.   Maybe everyone should be planning to run Disney in January so as to have a strong finish?Confused

• Sub 22  5K

Trail Monster

I have a high week scheduled this week. 55+ miles. I'm guessing that means I'll be low next week. The good news is that I set a PR for January with 190.8 miles!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

BCR, it's both an individual game and a team game.  Everyone had to give a goal for the year, and really, the game is meant to provide motivation to individuals to meet their running goals.  Teams were assigned, based on goals, such that all 10 teams start out with the same goal mileage. So in theory, all teams start on an even slate at the beginning.  Each team competes against another team through September, and stats are calculated each week for individuals, but also for teams.  If everyone on a team posts mileage, even a 0, that team gets a 10% bonus.  That's what we're always harping about making sure people post their data.  A 0 mile week still means the team gets a 10% mileage bonus.  Right now, we're 3-0 for the year!  Woohoo.  In October, the top 8 teams then go into a playoff bracket where we play the same team for 3 weeks in a row, and the team that gets 2/3 wins advances to the next round of the playoffs.  Again, 3 weeks are played against the same team, and the best team advances to the finals to play against one other team for the Championship.  Lot's of nitty gritty details in there, but really, it's just a way to motivate people to run, and sometimes run more than they think.  So really, the week to week competition is a fun way to make it more interesting, and for a team to rally to beat another team and take them down.  Winning teams become big targets, because other teams like to secretly dethrone them by all rallying together to run PR weeks, etc, and get the win.  Sorry for the novel there, but that's about it.  It's a game, a fun way to share running with other people who like to talk about it, and win!!  Crazy Running Lady and I were on the same team last year that won the Championship.  It was great fun!!

Sara, you've got some big mileage races coming up, you need the miles!  Congrats on a great month!

Trail Monster

Sara, you've got some big mileage races coming up, you need the miles!  Congrats on a great month!

I know. My coach is slowly whipping me into shape. I don't even want to imagine what it's going to be when we get out of marathon training and into 100 training!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Thanks for explaining the game.  Should be interesting to follow along.

• Sub 22  5K
                      crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Van explained it better than I could.  But yes, the playoffs are when it will get interesting.

And I totally have a January marathon planned.

Village people

I have no races planned, so I will just run. I have a pacebunny on my training log, so I will keep up with him/her and plan on breaking loose in the fall.

I'm thinking I might need to run extra to compensate for the Super Bowl food tomorrow.  Hmm.  Left glute is still sore.  Only did 5 miles today, and miles are way down from last week.  May need to take it easy tomorrow too.  Need to get this ass muscle to heal up.

Trail Monster

I'm headed out for 20 right now. See you all in 4 or 5 hours! I'm not actually that slow, I'm driving to a park about 45 minutes away. Smile

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

I'm headed out for 20 right now. See you all in 4 or 5 hours! I'm not actually that slow, I'm driving to a park about 45 minutes away. Smile

How did your 20 go?

Ran in the snow yesterday with some peopel for 13 miles which was supposed to be a 20 mile run.  Ran the other 7 miles indoor.  Running in the snow is not easy.  However, it could have been running in the sand which is even worse than snow.

62 uncounted miles for this week.

• Sub 22  5K