Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

It was not our week.  This was not completely unexpected.  In addtion to Phil, we have another warrior in need of knee repair.  We also had a warrior suffer an injury related to a vasovagal episode (not me this time!)  Diana, sadly, is still continuing to battle a mystery illness.  Crew dawg has couple weeks of work related stuff before he can devote meaningful time to running. 

Hmmm Angry  Get healthy people and set your priorities straight.  Family, Team 5, work and then more running for Team 5!.  Losing is not an option Disapprove

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
      • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
      • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

delicate flower

@Team5:  Come on people we have to get the mileage up for this week.  Do it for Baboon!  Everytime you feel like not running think of Baboon who would love to swap places with you.  Your lucky to be able to run so put down those potatoe chips, get off the couch and get out the front door.  Well make sure you put some running clothes on and for the love of running don't wear that backwards robe snuggy thing outside.

YEAH!  You tell 'em, BCR!  Big grin  lol

I am thrilled that my knee is fixed and I am on the mend.  I felt groooooovy right before surgery....

and here's my knee now.

<3

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I didn't get a cool brace thing like that.  I was just wrapped up like a mummy.

I also did not look that happy right before surgery.

Trail Monster

BCR: You look awful cuddly for the distances you run! How about if you click my blog link which takes you to endorphinMOM.com and has 3 or so years worth of pictures and such?

Phil: Glad you're on the mend! Keep feeling groovy! Smile

Just coming to say that we are awesome and you all inspire me! I worked 4-midnight last night and went back to work at 8am today. Despite working 16 of the last 24 hours and sleeping maybe 5 of the last 36+ I still ran 10 for the team tonight. Still going to be a lower week for me but I won't use my crazy job as an excuse this year!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Ok Phil, heal well!

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Hi guys!  Just checking in to say hi.  I haven't been on RA much lately, so I thought I'd stop in to see what I've been missing.  : )

2 PT appointments a week for me the last couple of weeks, plus my exercise/stretching regimen at home every day have really been helping my ITB stuff a lot.  It is still an issue but I'm able to run farther before it starts to bother me than I was able to before.  Have gone from only being able to run 1-4 miles before it ended my runs, to 5-8 miles.  So that's awesome.  Now I just need to get my treadmill (that I bought used on Craigslist and ran on twice before it conked out) back in business and I'll be good to go.  Kind of bummed by the fact that after having worked so hard to build my mileage up pre-ITBS, now I'm going to have to start that all over again.  And the fact that I'm slow.  Er.  Than I was.

Anyway.  I'm glad to be on such a great team, and am looking forward to many winning weeks over the year ahead!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Kristin, you'll get it back.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

Kristin, I can relate.  I feel like I've spent the last two years in a never ending cycle of injury, rebuild, just feel like I'm getting somewhere, start over.  I am actually quite paranoid at this point when running is going well.  But I am also my own worst enemy and often push too hard trying to get back, only to set myself back.  So you are smart to take the time you need to truly get better.

But  Angry on the treadmill.

Funny story...

I'm rarely a klutz, but last night I was coming off the bleachers after watching the last hour of my daughters volleyball practice and my stupid work shoes slipped on the hard plastic seat which sent me tumbling on/over the last 3 rows. I ended up sprawled out on the floor. I mean seriously, wtf? I held it in so my kids didn't see but I cranked my left ankle, right shin and top of my right foot. The shin was a bloody mess I found out at home. The left ankle did leave me wondering about running.... But I'm fine. A night of sleep and the pain is gone. 7 miles scheduled tonight.

Watch your step, team. Big grin

Village people

Funny story...

I'm rarely a klutz, but last night I was coming off the bleachers after watching the last hour of my daughters volleyball practice and my stupid work shoes slipped on the hard plastic seat which sent me tumbling on/over the last 3 rows. I ended up sprawled out on the floor. I mean seriously, wtf? I held it in so my kids didn't see but I cranked my left ankle, right shin and top of my right foot. The shin was a bloody mess I found out at home. The left ankle did leave me wondering about running.... But I'm fine. A night of sleep and the pain is gone. 7 miles scheduled tonight.

Watch your step, team. Big grin

I coach basketball and when the boys whip the ball at me, you guys are on my mind. I tell them not to injure me, I have to run. I am glad that you are okay.

Kristin, hang in there.

Quick question, is there a natural disaster clause for the game? If I lose power for a week, I won't be able to run. I'll have no treadmill and no water. I will let you know, CRL.

I went running yesterday... through the O'Hare airport trying desperately to make my flight to Minneapolis. I made it, so I guess the training has paid off! OK, actually I only made it because the flight was delayed.

Anyway, I'm back in the U.S. for a week over my Spring Festival (Chinese New Year) vacation. I only have 3 miles for this week so far and I am pretty jet lagged. Plus I woke up last night with really painful cramps in my legs that haven't gone away. Anyone else ever have that experience after a long flight? I've done a lot of long flights and that's a new one for me.

So I don't know how much I will run this week and next. Definitely some because I have been dreaming of running in Minnesota again ever since I moved to Beijing. Plus, I had a brand new pair of running shoes waiting here for me! Can't resist that!

Auhugh!!

Kaitlin sounds like you need to take advantage! Go get you some miles!  Oh, and are you going to count the running in o'hare?

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

I don't believe there is a natural disaster clause Smile but I imagine it would affect all teams to some extent.

I do remember freaking out about a tropical storm messing with my miles, though, to be fair.

I am tired.  I am not used to this quality training stuff.  While they will be up, my miles are not as high as they have been.  But geesh, adding tempos and intervals and stuff will kick a girls ass.  I need a nap.

Andy, uh, I hope no one had it on video, or else it would be up on Youtube by now.  And hope it's nothing serious.

DJ, good luck with the storm.

Kaitlin, hope you trip back in the US is a good one.