Beginners and Beyond

2013 in 2013 Team 5 - Auhugh!! Time to post miles for Week 2! (Read 398 times)

Trail Monster

Wow I can't imagine the pain you are going to be in after this!  Man I wish you nothing but the best for this painfest!

Knock em dead and just keeping going one foot at a time.  Sooner or later you will finish.  I wonder if they would deliver you a pizza in the middle of nowhere and while you are moving.

Oil Creek had pizza Lin 2011 when I did the 100k. It was delicious 50k into a very long run! Smile And I'm ready for the pain. It's going to hurt so good! Wink

4.5 miles with 4-8% incline today. My treadmill got its workout today too!

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

Wasn't expecting to be able to run today but my sister offered to come over and watch the kids this evening so I was able to get out and do 3 miles.  My knee started hurting around 2.5, but not bad enough that I had to stop.  Figured I'd better not push it past 3, though.  I ran back and forth around my neighborhood so I wouldn't have far to walk if I had to bail, lol.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

Wasn't expecting to be able to run today but my sister offered to come over and watch the kids this evening so I was able to get out and do 3 miles.  My knee started hurting around 2.5, but not bad enough that I had to stop.  Figured I'd better not push it past 3, though.  I ran back and forth around my neighborhood so I wouldn't have far to walk if I had to bail, lol.

Sounds like a pretty good idea running in the hood.  You can never be to safe when trying to figure out how a body part will hold up.  I've not always done the smart thing like you and have had a couple of moments I wish I had.  Especially when I during training for my first marathon.  Oh the pain and stupidity.  Hopefully it feels okay when you wake up.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Dang I wish we could count BCR's mileage!

Got it in the spreadsheet.  Smile

That makes two of us Wink.  You know we could just put my mileage on one of your slacker people who have not been posting.  We can deny it for years while raising money for some sort of running program that helps kids and then maybe own up to it once we are famous and rich.  We can then destroy anyone who tries to call us out because we will be loved.  Of course I have no plan on going on Oprah to tell the truth.  I'm buying an island and just hiding it out in my castle with a moat and lots of food and fire power.  Then when the zombies come I will be ready.  You could hunker down with us if you would like.  We want a big enough number to protect the castle but not so much it takes a ton of resources.  OK now would be a good time to end this post as I have revealed too much already.

• Sub 22  5K

Banshee - I am almost as impressed with eating pizza at 50k as I am with running 100k!

Kristen - Good call stopping at 3. I put myself out of commission for a couple months once running 11 miles with iTBS. If I had just been patient enough to back off for a while I probably wouldn't have had to stop altogether...

BCR - Best post on this thread so far.

As I mentioned earlier, our pollution this weekend was record setting. I was coughing and my eyes were burning even though I barely went outside. It had fallen back down into the "unhealthy" range this morning (typical for Beijing, vs. "hazardous" or "beyond index" like this weekend) so I went for a 4 mile run, but it has crept back up to "very unhealthy" now so I don't know...  Anyone think this looks like a good day for a run? http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-asia-21005228

Auhugh!!

Village people

Ugh, Kaitlin, that looks awful! I used to love in southern Ontario and we would have a lot of air quality advisory days. I don't think Toronto or Hamilton ever looked like that!

Kristin, nice job fitting in those miles. I am glad the knee is starting to feel better.

Sara, you have some tough looking races on your schedule. You can do it!

I rested yesterday and am back at it today.

Trail Monster

7.25 with 5.5 at tempo. Very happy with how good this run felt.

2013 races:

3/17 Shamrock Marathon

4/20 North Coast 24 Hour

7/27 Burning RIver 100M

8/24 Baker 50M

10/5 Oil Creek (distance to be determined)

My Blog

Brands I Heart:

FitFluential

INKnBURN

Altra Zero Drop

delicate flower

Team, doc says I tore my ACL and meniscus.  I'll probably need surgery.  I doubt I'll be able to log any real mileage for at least six months.  I'm really sorry.  I signed up for 2013 miles but was hoping to log 2500.  Now I'll be lucky if I can log 500.   I realize I'm supposed to be one of the anchors on this team and that my injury hurts our chances.  If the injury happened one week sooner, I could have just been swapped out for someone else.  It'd be nice if I could just be dropped and BCR added.  Is there anyway that can be done?     

<3

Village people

I am sorry, Phil. Once you have  recovered, it won't be like starting from scratch. I have taken mutiple "maternity leaves" from running and it never took me as long as I expected to get back in shape. Hang in there.

crazyrunninglady

Warrior Princess

WEEK 2 RESULTS

Total Team Miles      666.4

BCR Added Miles     729.4

Total Scored Miles    683.2

We got the posting bonus, won our matched and outran all the other teams (though not be very much...)

Go Warriors!

I'm so excited for us!  It has to be good that we did so well when we have a number of people that are running reduced or no miles, right?  Though I guess it depends what kind of shape the other teams are in, too...

BCR- it only took me about a month of getting stranded miles from home before I smartened up.  My map of today's run looks a bit like a Family Circus cartoon.  Went out 1.5 and back again with my sister, where I'd expected to have to stop- still felt good so tacked on another mile.  Returning home, things still felt good so I have various loops and meanderings around my neighborhood to bring today's run to 7- woohoo!  Longest run since this whole ITB thing started acting up a month ago.

Phil-  I know I said it on fb, but I really am so sorry about your knee.  It would suck so much to have worked so hard and now be dealing with such a setback.  I really hope your recovery goes amazingly well and that you can get back on the road sooner than you think.

And thanks, everyone else.  I have to admit, I'm not the most patient person, so I've been a bit frustrated about this.  Getting 7 miles in today is encouraging to me.  Good news on the knee front, though!  My BIL is a PT and has been treating me informally- mainly he took a look at my knee and gave me stretches and exercises to do for it.  Financially, we are in the hole right now and can't even afford to pay for co-pays so that's as far as I've pursued PT treatment.  But my BIL's work has a free care program for "motivated athletes" (because they like to help out people who won't waste their time by not following their prescribed treatments)- he asked his boss and got the ok to add me to the program!  Sweet.  So I'm waiting to hear from their office about getting an appointment set up.  Now I'll be able to have a full assessment done and whatever the appropriate treatments might be.  Really, really thankful for this!  : )

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

How's everyone doing?

I got 4 in this morning- went slow in case that was the reason I was able to go farther yesterday.  I think it may be, because I had no problems today!  Psyched.

BruceD555

Kristin79: That's great news about the 7 miles & the follow-up 4 feeling good with the ITB!! Yeah! Here's hoping you can get that full assessment and are on the road to recovery. I also know exactly what you mean on the Family Circus route ... that was much like my first run outside after being sick. My wife wanted me to take it easy so I made multiple neighborhood loops and "checked-in" on each lap.

I'm feeling back to normal after being sick and runs are feeling good. I got 14 in last night and it started snowing HUGE flakes towards the end of the run - it was beautiful!

Train smart ... race smarter.

How's everyone doing?

I got 4 in this morning- went slow in case that was the reason I was able to go farther yesterday.  I think it may be, because I had no problems today!  Psyched.

Doing good. Got 7 in yesterday and got 4 planned for later tonight.  I'll be 4 or 5 miles above my goal mileage pace.

The following is more of a thinking outloud kinda thing... skip if you want. Smile

After this week, my next two should be interesting.  I'm gone 25th-30th to Utah for some skiing. I'm a good skier, but not in ski shape so 4 straight days of skiing (26th, 27th, 28th, 29th) I'm assuming I'm going to be completely wiped out. I've done no XT for it either.   I plan on taking a couple changes of running gear, but I'm thinking I'm not likely to use them due to the fatigue I'll already be under. This is the first serious skiing since I've become a runner. Anyone have any advice? Leave my running gear at home?

Other than that my scheduled mileage for that timeframe is (bolded I'm traveling or skiing):

23rd: SRD

24th: 4 miles (easy)

25th: 7 mile progression

26th: SRD

27th: 9 mile progression

28th: 6 miles easy

29th: 8 miles fartlek

30th: SRD

31st: 4 miles easy

1st: 8 miles progression

There's room to move some of the front and backend of that but the 9 and 6 miler in the middle are probably toast.

Team, doc says I tore my ACL and meniscus.  I'll probably need surgery.  I doubt I'll be able to log any real mileage for at least six months.  I'm really sorry.  I signed up for 2013 miles but was hoping to log 2500.  Now I'll be lucky if I can log 500.   I realize I'm supposed to be one of the anchors on this team and that my injury hurts our chances.  If the injury happened one week sooner, I could have just been swapped out for someone else.  It'd be nice if I could just be dropped and BCR added.  Is there anyway that can be done?     

Damn you sound like a running back in the NFL.   I'm hoping you pull an Adrian Peterson and come back bigger and stronger.

I'm really sorry to hear about this.  You and I can just cheer these guys from the bench.  Maybe you will be able to help slowly at the end of the year?  If you have the time and don't mind keep us up-to-date on how things are going. 

• Sub 22  5K