Beginners and Beyond

It's Friday and bring on the weekend Penguins (Read 212 times)

my fellow penguins,

sorry i have not posted much lately. I have been in a crappy mood due to work and house problems (leaky roof, 2 busted pipes) I didnt want to play the poor me card when my stuff is pretty minor in the big picture of life. anyways, I hope to post something short in here on sunday about my first marathon.

other racers - good luck.

I hope everybody has a great weekend. I get to spend 5 hours running with my two sisters and it should be fun.

take care,

Tomas

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Singer who runs a smidge

T-Rod, troubles are troubles.  Hope yours clear up quickly, and have fun at your marathon!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

tracilynn

Tomas good luck on your FIRST marathon! Can't wait to hear about it!

~~~~~~~

Traci

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck Tomas on your marathon!!! And to all who are racing this weekend!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

hog4life

Good luck Big T!!

SheCan

I agree, SheCan, kilts are hot on the ladies.  I think you should post your photo wearing one.

Scotty, I don't have one, otherwise I would.  I'll be sure and get one before our Penguin Party at the Poconos.  :-)

Tomas, best of luck with your marathon on Sunday!  (And marathon week moods tend to be touchy.  Hopefully, things will seem better after your race.)

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

Slight tickle in my throat.  I'm just going to rest tonight, and hope this passes.  I have a pretty good immune system when I play it smart.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

Mmmmm...beer

Hey everyone!

URD again yesterday, gotta stop that!

8 miles done this evening.

Long run tomorrow, looking forward to it.  I'm going to be on an aircraft carrier all next week, so I'll be treadmilling it, gotta go enjoy some scenery while I can.  Gonna do 16 tomorrow on the Dismal Swamp trail (don't let the name fool ya, it's nice lol), and then some miles on Sunday at the trail by the lake.  Weather is supposed to perfect all weekend!

Good luck Tomas! Smile

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Bin Running

Vance, hope you get that 12 with Mike.. (ask him to say helloe here!) Sometimes, the body is telling you it needed some rest.. I always tried to listen and frequently move my sat morning LR to sun.. haa.. Me like food too

Gustav, Hurray for karaoke.. had been missing that since have DS.. was worried the volume and daddy's singing will bring him permanent damage in the ears or brain.. Maybe I should planned one after he's older like 4yo+

Jen, Enjoy the RD.. Hope the weather behaves in a way you wanted..

Margo,  Enjoy the RD.. Do you have a moutains home? You seem to be heading there often?

Kristin, Enjoy the Yoga.. Hoep you get good news from the PT.

Jerry, Enjoy the run with DW.

Bill, Sound like a good run in the rain..

Scotty, your personal always crack me up.. Smile

Lauren, Enjoy the XT tonight.. My left is alway my problem legs too.. The first to have any sore or tightness if I overtrain or didn't stretch enough.. way to go scoring some gas $$

Mel, Enjoy the RD. Sleep thru the meeting. haa

Mitch,  Enjoy the 4-5M.. Hope you get good news soon..

Jen16226, way to go on the weight loss.. Keep it up and us posted on the progress..

Hope'smom, sound like some solid singing you have there..

Traci, Glad that you recovered enough to get your run in..2.5M (round up to 3M pls...) still beats 0..

Damaris, Enjoy the Disney..

Cherie, Have a great weekend.. Good work with that 5M

Kristi, Sorry abt the unsafe road for running.. TM is better than freezing rain.. and having to dodge cars..

Tomas, 5 hours of running?! Wow! You are running FM?! Good luck on that and write a RR.. SmileWork and Hse problem will resolve after some time.. Keep your chin up..

Awood, Hope the throat clears up soon.. Enjoy the rest..

Dave, Awesome on the 8M.. Your base is pretty solid now.. 1-2 URD will do your speed no harm.. Do you get to jog around the carrier? That would be cool..

AFM, SRD for me today.. My body seem to not like my pfitz training.. haa.. Old body feeling tired every morning but nothing a coffee wouldn't shake off.. If i get my 12+6M in these weekend.. I will be on 39M.. My highest is 41 but that are all easy miles.. Will see how my body react to 43M next week and adjust..
                    DS is having fever again.. hmm.. He had Pneumococcal vaccine last weekend and he didn't had any fever.. Maybe a slight one at 37.3.. But yday, he had one at 39.3.. He's still active and alert so DW and myself are not overly worried but we are closely monitoring it.. Luckily, his fever subsided now..

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Mmmmm...beer

Bin, sometimes they open up the flight deck or hangar bay for jogging, but you have to be really careful, it's covered with a coating called nonskid, for traction, it's like super rough sandpaper.  So if you fall, you're gonna lose some skin.  But when you're out on a deployment, it's nice to get off the treadmill and get some fresh air.  Luckily I'll only be there for six days, so the treadmill will be fine.  What's really fun is when the seas are rough and the ship starts rocking, then depending on which way the treadmill is oriented, you're either getting thrown from side to side, or you get some cool uphill/downhill action. lol

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

Zelanie

Tomas- Good luck to you!

D2- The rocking ship is one way to keep those hip openers working during your run too!  Hope your week goes well.

Bin- Pfitz was kicking my butt last week too.  This week has been much better, but we'll see how the LR goes.