Beginners and Beyond

Speak softly and carry a big DAILIES (Read 46 times)

LRB

Or ride a big motorcycle. 

LRB

'Sup yo!

I will be rollin' into work on two wheels today for the first time this year, which is odd because I usually would have ridden in a dozen times or more by this point in the year but it has been rainy with unpredictable weather so far this spring and I am not a risk taker in that regard.

Anyway, I will run easy at my work route when I get there with no plans for speed work until this weekend.

What's on tap for you today?

To Dave; the Hansons book is like 10 bucks on Amazon with free shipping.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Good Morning, Richard and the Dailies!

Heading out for a couple of quick miles, then its off to see the Ortho so that we can look over my MRI results. But first, a little more coffee. Smile

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Just B.S.

LRB I ride 2 wheels not of the motorized variety though. Enjoy!

Yesterday was swim, work, hospital, spin.

Today work, hospital, run, sleep. Pretty much it .

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Oh. The motorcycle us out!

rest day for my toe. Best to not push too much. Plus I was up late working on a work project I wanted to get done.

Lily  from yesterday so sorry in the diagnosis. Your running will continue to help and the docs will keep an eye out for it not to get worse!

Marjorie

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

An hour of weight training yesterday.   Today after work will be 3 - 4 miles in the lovely sunshine.   The rain has moved out of San Antonio and we are back to upper 80s and 90-degree weather.   Loverly....

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Here is my cycle, LRB....

I won't ride motorcycles.  Had a VERY VERY VERY bad experience with one when I was just out of high school and have never ridden one since.  Don't have anything against those folks that like them and have them, but for me  I just won't ever get on another one again. ever ever ever.

Hope you get good news at your ortho appointment, Tom.

Busy schedule, Beth, good luck.

Hope your toe is feeling better today, Marjorie.

Lily, so sorry for what you are going through, you take care of yourself and just keep being the great person you are, it will all work out somehow.

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning! Motorcycles are fun! Too bad I needed to sell mine when the kid came. I needed a bigger pickup.

Scotty, we have the same high temp for today - can you believe it? Smile

4 miles were planned today, but I had some extra time so I went for 5. All at an easy pace.

Have a great day everyone!

- Andrew

Morning! Beautiful day here indeed. If LRB is getting out the bike, I am getting out the convertible. Made for an enjoyable commute this AM.

BTW - found Hanson's is also available on Kindle, almost downloaded it last night but didn't. I did not really fully digest the Pfitz book the first time around, I was going to re-read that. Will throwing the Hanson's book on top of that help reinforce some of the same ideas, or just confuse me?

And a beautiful morning for a run; headed over to the track today. So I didn't really need to do this, but decided to figure out how to program an interval session into my Garmin last night. Not actually too complicated. Anyway: 3 mile warmup, 3 x 800 (3:25, 3:23, 3:25) w/3 min recoveries, 2.5 mile cooldown. 8 miles total.

Have a great day everyone.

MTA: back over 200 miles for the month, after taking a break in April (due to that pesky marathon taper & recovery). But faster average pace now.

Dave

Slymoon Runs

race obsessed

Nice ride scotty.

And LRB  Wink

Going to another track meet tonight, debating on running a few miles this morning to get loose.

My ass and inner thighs are sore! from Tuesdays track racing.   F'ing 100m Sprint will make you tender!

Might look at 400 & 3000 tonight...

delicate flower

HEY-OH!!!  Wife and I took today off from work because we got shit to do.  We're doing the BikeMS ride Sunday and volunteered to mark the course, so we'll be out spray painting roads today.  I got out for an easy 7 mile run this morning.  Feeling pretty good and recovering well.  Now I am about to head out to get new tires installed on my car, with a quick Starbucks detour.

No work = extra sleep this morning.  Ahhhhh, sleep.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

All I ask is that those of you who ride, please wear a helmet. If you aren't going to wear a helmet, then make sure your organ donor card is signed.

SRD, if spending most of the day on a field trip with 60+ second graders can be considered restful. There will be some hiking involved, and I might get out for a short walk or bike ride tonight, just to do some movement.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

From the Internet.

Morning dailies! I made my way back to track practice with my club this morning! Big grin We did mile repeats, I ran 3 of them in 8:46, 8:43, 8:31, felt like I actually got in a workout but wasn't super hard either. 5.5 miles total with warmup and cooldown. If my legs recover well I'm going to possibly run a 5k with club members next weekend (not all-out PR effort, but more than a jog) instead of my usual long run, since we have a million birthday parties on Saturday. Maybe being patient all winter has finally started to pay off??

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Strength training today, and hoping 2 days off from running will help my legs. We'll see if it works tomorrow morning. Lots of coffee, lots of water. May is saying goodbye to us with temps in the mid to high 80's and June will be saying hello with temps between the high 80's and low 90's......  (I swore I wouldn't complain! I will not complain!)

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

Got 7.25 in at a pretty brisk pace.  There was a wonderful chill in the air that made it a glorious run!

Busy morning at work so I'll be back to play later.