Beginners and Beyond

I got a new toy for Christmas (Read 129 times)

Hip Redux

The TomTom cardio multisport - with a built in optical HRM  Slick, huh?

Docket_Rocket

I have it and LOVE IT!  Ever since getting it I went Garmin what?  Enjoy!

I find the HR very accurate, FYI.  And the distance.  I tried running with both for the first week and no difference whatsoever between the Garmin and the TomTom.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

I cannot read that Gettysburg Address  in depth review. 

What is an optical heart rate monitor.

Hip Redux

I have it and LOVE IT!  Ever since getting it I went Garmin what?  Enjoy!

I find the HR very accurate, FYI.  And the distance.  I tried running with both for the first week and no difference whatsoever between the Garmin and the TomTom.

Good, because I have some questions lol Like... is there a way to turn it off or is it always on clock mode?

LRB - it measures your HRM with a little light on the back without the need for a %&(*#$% chafing chest strap.    I bought my husband this one which syncs to his 910xt via the ANT+.     It's like those things they use in the hospital on your finger to measure HR.

Docket_Rocket

Good, because I have some questions lol Like... is there a way to turn it off or is it always on clock mode?

LRB - it measures your HRM with a little light on the back without the need for a %&(*#$% chafing chest strap.    I bought my husband this one which syncs to his 910xt via the ANT+.     It's like those things they use in the hospital on your finger to measure HR.

I never turn it off.  If the battery dies then it's off.  You could turn it on airplane mode if you want to conserve battery in the meantime.  It takes a while to get used to.  Find a way to add the FIT file into the computer upload so you can just upload the FIT here, FYI.  After that, it's easy peasy.

Also, I find that it laps the first mile at 0.99 (after I did an update) but it does give you the lap pace for the whole mile, so I wouldn't worry about it.  Read the dcrainmaker review for most of the stuff that you won't know.  Any questions, let me know.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

Oh, you will need to put it on Laps for it to auto laps, FYI.  You cannot lap manually and do laps, so it's either or.  I suspect they will fix that eventually.  From what I have heard, they are fairly new in athletic watches but when they get everything together they will be great competition for Garmin.

I really have not strapped the 910 since I got this one.  I had an issue with the HRM after NY but I think the wind and cold screwed it up, so I did a factory reset and it was fixed.  The only issue is that you cannot wear your LS or arm warmers underneath like you would on the Garmins because it wouldn't give you the HR.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

Hip Redux

OK, thank you!   I wasn't planning on running tomorrow but I think I might now just to try it out. 

Docket_Rocket

Oh, best part?  You can buy any of the TomTom wristbands to match whatever colors you want.  I have 4 (they cost around $20) because I NEED TO MATCH EVERYTHING. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

From the Internet.

Ooh I like! Merry Christmas to you! Big grin

And Damaris, you are making me want one, haha - straps for every outfit?! YES PLEASE. I never wear my watch over sleeves/arm warmers anyway so no big.

tracilynn

Me likey!   Drool. I think I need one of these.

~~~~~~~

Traci

delicate flower

DC Rainmaker certainly doesn't post short product reviews.  Interesting though how accurate the HRM readings appear to be.  And it looks like it compares favorably to the Garmin 220.

Cool toy!!

<3

Docket_Rocket

They are accurate.  I have run two marathons by HR and train since June with the TomTom.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Wow, that takes a lot of room on your wrist, that would drive me bonkers, lol.    Glad you are enjoying it!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

tracilynn

The reviews on Amazon are not that great though 3.5 stars. Seems like it either works great or it doesn't. DC said it works better with certain skin types etc. hmmm

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Wow, that takes a lot of room on your wrist, that would drive me bonkers, lol.    Glad you are enjoying it!

It's smaller than most Garmins, though.  It just looks large.  I have pictures of me wearing it.  Hold on.

Oh, I am actually wearing it on my profile picture here.

Damaris

Fundraising Page