Beginners and Beyond

fall shoes (Read 57 times)

Just when I thought that Asics no longer had anything I'd be interested in...

This gets released.

An 8oz 4mm drop stability shoe? Yes please!

redrum

Caretaker/Overlook Hotel

MUST.........HAVE.........NEUTRAL!!!! Cool

Sounds cool, although I've just barely gotten used to my Gel Lite 33's.  Still not happy with Asics' attempt to put too many contours in the sole. (They need to go flat and/or control the uniformity better)  But if they can do that better, I think this bridge between traditional and minimalist is good.  I never once thought the minimalist thing was right.  Just wrong!!  I also agree that there's room for "some" minimalization of current shoes for those that want it.

Nike Pegasus 30 FTW!!!!

Randy

Hip Redux

OK, that's intriguing.  Are there others in that category?

I moved from stability shoes to low drop or zero drop shoes, but in reality I probably still need a bit of stability.  I just feel that I run smoother (if that makes sense) with less bulk/ less drop.

happylily

They seem very similar to the DS-Racers 9 in weight, support and function.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Wow, those looks nice.

These arrived at my house a few days ago.  New Balance 1400 that glow in the dark!   I underestimated how bright they would be in daylight, and dare I say it's actually a little obnoxious.  Big grin  I ordered another pair in a normal color and decided to save these for when it's actually dark outside.

<3

#artbydmcbride

I wuv these!!!  Blush

Wow, those looks nice.

These arrived at my house a few days ago.  New Balance 1400 that glow in the dark!   I underestimated how bright they would be in daylight, and dare I say it's actually a little obnoxious.  Big grin  I ordered another pair in a normal color and decided to save these for when it's actually dark outside.

Runners run

Docket_Rocket

I need more shoes.

Just kidding...carry on. Joking

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

meaghansketch

I need more shoes.

Just kidding...carry on. Joking

Yeah, I have enough shoes!  I've probably bought my marathon shoes already (unless I decide the pair I'm planning to wear has too many miles) so no more shoes until Christmas for me.

LRB

It is nice to see such a light shoe that offers a bit of stability.  Moving forward, I am going to play around with a neutral shoe using my high arch inserts during the off season.

It is possible that will work as I did something similar with my DST's and had no problems once I switched the inserts.