Beginners and Beyond

Tell us an interesting (NRR) fact about yourself! (Read 188 times)

Jess runs for bacon

I love these threads Smile So many interesting stories!

I am color blind, which is really rare for women. I didn't even know until I was 16 because I guess that they don't test girls. When I saw them in random places, I thought you weren't actually supposed to see some of the numbers.

i also have two drinks named after me at the local bar. Used to be three. The best was when the first one came out all it said was "made especially for Jessica G... With no other info and people would order it.

I was born at 11:30 am and my first words were "I'm hungry." Smile

I was also born with hip dysplasia, a mutated chromosome, and, as I found out about a month ago, an extra bone in my foot.

5k - 25:15 (11/18/12)

10k - 1:01:51 (2/14/15)

10mi - 1:33:18 (3/2/14)

HM - 2:06:12 (3/24/13)

Upcoming Races:

Benched until further notice. :/

Everything you need is already inside. [[Bill Bowerman]]

I'm a dual national. I like mafongo.

Jess runs for bacon

I'm a dual national. I like mafongo.

I got my degree in Classics and did a dig in Greece. So used to know Greek (and Latin) but pretty much all I remember is "shut up" and "jerkoff."

delicate flower

I was 5'2" when I started 11th grade.  I was 5'11" when I graduated.  Ouch.

Also, I got two Michael Jordan rookie cards in packs when they first came out.  Paid about 10 cents.  I sold them in the early 90's for $1,000.  Paid for a year of college.

<3

Pinktastic

I'm not a fan of spiders, and I sure don't want to see any snakes (good, bad or otherwise) in or around my house, but opossums freak me the hell out!!   Involuntary shudder and ICK!!

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

i also have two drinks named after me at the local bar. Used to be three. The best was when the first one came out all it said was "made especially for Jessica G... With no other info and people would order it.

How do you make a Jessica G?

”Failing to prepare is preparing to fail.”

“Whether you think you can, or you think you can't--you're right.”

Tomas

Nightvisionrn

Wow, you must take some sh*t at times from your customers!  Joking

LOL!  it's a compliment when that happens cause they are so totally relaxed.  Undecided

My second child was a very late talker and naturally, like most parents, my DW and I were concerned regarding hearing  or any other issues.  One night for dinner while my DW and my 3 children were sitting at the dinner table, I served tofu burgers for the first and last time.

My 2nd child took one big bite because he was hungry, and his first words were "Yuck!".  Never imagined that I would have tears of joy when a child exercised displeasure with what I served for dinner.  Smile

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

Jess runs for bacon

How do you make a Jessica G?

It's called a Jessie's Girl, or Jessie goes to Italy. First is a cocktail version of a Cosmo, and the second has ape rol and prosecco. That's all I know, I just drink them Smile

Revenge of the Nerd

Don't get me started or I'll go all King Crimson nerdy on you.  I started a King Crimson fan website about 9 years ago.  Eventually I turned it over to some other folks to run but for a long time I was a 24 hour a day Krim Head.

Love the site name!  FWIW, Show of Hands by Fripp and the LCG is one of my desert island picks. I have to listen on headphones at home because it drives DW batty.

One of these days is none of these days.

~ H.G. Bohn

Little Blue

I'm not very fascinating either.  I guess my crowning achievement is 26 years married to the same guy.  It sure doesn't seem like that long!Smile

DW has a very large family, I have a very small one.

Number of our parents' siblings: DW 17, me 2.

Number of first cousins: DW >50 (not exactly sure), me 4.

Number of our siblings plus their spouses & children (including ex-spouses & step-children): DW 27, me 1.

Dave

robinde

I have a 4 daughters ages 26, 22, 9 and 5 with a 7 year old grandson.  The youngest daughter thinks she can boss around her nephew because that's what Aunts do.

Philliefan33

My great-great-grandfather was a professional magician known as Reno the Great.