Beginners and Beyond

Nike Element Thermal tights? (Read 72 times)

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Random question.....

So my birthday is coming up, and I was planning on asking for some more expensive running essentials that I wince when I have to pony up the money for...namely, shoes and winter tights. But when I was searching for a link to send to the important present buying folks, my favorite warm weather tights, the Nike Women's Element Thermal are nowhere to be found. Roadrunnersports.com and runningwarehouse.com don't have them anymore..... Nike.com has them on sale only in large (I would wear medium). Anyone know if those were discontinued?!! Or is it just too early to be buying winter gear?? If they ARE discontinued (noooooo!) does anyone have really good winter tights recommendations? I also have Under Armour ColdGear ones but I don't like them even close to as much as the Nike Element Thermals.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

JHC, it was 95 today, how can you even think about tights?

Dave

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Haha.... just was trying to think of things I need/want that I don't want to have to pay for. Summer running clothes are inexpensive and I am SET for summer and fall temperatures clothing wise. The tights I like are $75 and the shoes are $115, figured those were good items to seize the opportunity of having someone else buy them for me.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Love the Half

If you can find them in stock, I honest to goodness love the Champion C9 Tights from Target.  They're $20-25 and I like them much better than tights I have costing three times that much.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

Oh yeah another Target C9 fan here. I wear pants rather than tights, but C9's are the only ones I own.

Dave

bluerun

Super B****

I actually like the Under Armour ones, but rarely wear them... I'm a total CW-X devotee.  Love, love, LOVE them.

chasing the impossible

because i never shut up ... i blog

Zelanie

I like the Moving Comfort Endurance Tights.  They don't chafe, and they're substantial enough that even I don't feel like I need to wear shorts over them.

Jess runs for bacon

I love my Mizuno heat gear tights for super cold (they warm up with your sweat), but most of the time I wear my Brooks Utopia tights. They are like wearing a hug.

Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

JHC, it was 95 today, how can you even think about tights?

My thought as well

Will run for scenery.

Ooh, I have it real bad.

I saw this thread, started looking at tights online, read some reviews, and my head began to fill with images of chilly Autumn weather.

I clicked "buy".

CW-X Men's Pro Running Tights on the way.

Maybe somebody could start a thread about cleaning the d&^n kitchen....

Stupid feet!

Stupid elbow!

Hip Redux

I approve!

I like my CW-X tights a lot.

Ooh, I have it real bad.

I saw this thread, started looking at tights online, read some reviews, and my head began to fill with images of chilly Autumn weather.

I clicked "buy".

CW-X Men's Pro Running Tights on the way.

Maybe somebody could start a thread about cleaning the d&^n kitchen....

meaghansketch

OK, so not to derail, but how is the sizing on the CW-X tights?  I usually buy my pants based on who offers tall sizes (cw-x doesn't).

I think I might have asked this before and was advised to buy the men's version.

Hip Redux

How tall are you?  I'm 5'8" and they fit ok - the pants come to right above my ankle.    I'm in a medium and that has the right amount of compression too.   Then again, I'm not the leggiest of tall women...

meaghansketch

I am 5'11"... my inseam is around 35".

Hip Redux

Yeah, then they may run short on you.