Beginners and Beyond

Good news . . . it looks as if RW has a handle on the spam problem. (Read 1300 times)

Take Charge. Train Harder. Suck Less. No Excuses.

Docket_Rocket

I would believe it...if I had not seen spam for months and months while they promise a solution.

It feels like the guy that says he's going to call but never does.  Sheesh.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

They have a handle on it like this guy has a handle on his twinkie problem.

Resident Historian

Yeah, Right.  Marathoners has 4 legit threads on the first page.  More spam coming in. 

Neil

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
          “Some people will tell you that slow is good – but I'm here to tell you that fast is better. I've always believed this, in spite of the trouble it's caused me. - Hunter S. Thompson

CeeDotA

This is all it is, IMHO:

This. Haven't even participated on RWOL for all that long and I can already recall several instances of total spam shutdowns.

Current PRs:

5K: 27:06 (11/10/12) | 5M: 44:03 (6/1/13) | 10K: 1:00:48 (7/4/12)

15K: 1:27:53 (3/17/13) | 10M: 1:30:25 (4/13/13) | HM: 1:59:55 (4/28/13)

Next race: Ashland 4th of July 10K

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

Better doesn't make it good. I feel sorry for S*S and Kevin who have taken a lot from us but appear to be handcuffed in doing anything to help us. At one point when I dropped in over the weekend, spam was being posted faster than I could report it, so today is an improvement, still not good or acceptable, but an improvement.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                    05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

I just counted thirteen spam threads on the first pageSad
                Venomized

Drink up moho's!!

They have reduced it from a million spam threads to just 100,000 or so.  Yeah its an improvement but the forum still sucks.

They'll get a handle on it, month or two will go by and boom all over again..Then they'll say they're doing the best they can all over again... and again... and again...

Edit: Just checked the site and it's covered with spam... again.

Right now?  Not so much.

I'm with the who cares folks, but really, the spam is ridiculous.  

Ken WD

I went once on the weekend to RW and it was covered in spam. I just looked again now and it is the same thing. I'm sure there are points in the day that it gets better, but it's too much for me so I'm here now.

Little Blue

The BF doesn't look horrible at the moment, but I was struck with the oddest analogy.  After being here for a few days, it's like moving to a new house.  The new place is all shiny and clean.  The old place has trash in the yard and the new inhabitants aren't keeping up with the grass. 

runningmum

AKA bear2009

Still lots of spam, and still takes forever them to process your requests.

2013 Goals:

1. Start, stay, and finish the year uninjured!

delicate flower

RW doesn't have a handle on jack squat.  They are still getting spam-hammered.   

<3

LRB

The BF doesn't look horrible at the moment, but I was struck with the oddest analogy.  After being here for a few days, it's like moving to a new house.  The new place is all shiny and clean.  The old place has trash in the yard and the new inhabitants aren't keeping up with the grass. 

Hey Blue!  I am happy to see you made it!