Beginners and Beyond

Shhh, SUNDAILIES, You'll Wake Up the... (Read 55 times)

BruceD555

Knocked out 16 miles at the indoor track this afternoon ... mixed it up and ran on the treadmill for a few miles then wrapped things up back on the track. I had intended to do 17 but ran out of time (we have dear friends from Indiana who drove up this afternoon to stay for a few days) and frankly was feeling pretty drained at the end of the run anyway. Ran it faster than I had planned on top of a too fast 11 miles on Friday.

Train smart ... race smarter.

Docket_Rocket

I decided not to run tonight and leave my day at 11 miles.  Too much coughing and exhaustion.  I had a huge week of long hours, travel, and still managed 53 miles, so I'm very happy.

After all, I do have a marathon on Sunday and I need to.... what's the word?  Something with a T....

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

After all, I do have a marathon on Sunday and I need to.... what's the word?  Something with a T....

Take names while you're kicking ass of course!

scrape., that sounds like a great run. You give me an idea on what I can do to keep from becoming bored between training cycles.

BruceD555, amazing job doing all sixteen miles indoors. I hope that you enjoy your friends' visit.

Damaris, I'm avoiding saying that evil word myselfSmile

My rest was refreshing, even though I didn't sleep. I'll do my ab work in a few minutes.

LRB

Decent weather cannot get here soon enough.  Something about the treadmill I run on is screwing with my left ankle.  Nothing major, but it is definitely doing something.  Not sure what else could be causing it....

Docket_Rocket

We can switch weather for a few days.  Especially February 17.....

Decent weather cannot get here soon enough.  Something about the treadmill I run on is screwing with my left ankle.  Nothing major, but it is definitely doing something.  Not sure what else could be causing it....

Basya, I know!  You're very close to that thing.  I cannot wait to see what you do.  I heard the emails went out (a friend of mine is doing the HM).  I heard her information is full of mistakes.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Evening, Dailies!

Scotty, happy Birthday!

I apologize for not getting too in-depth with the thread again. Another day, another 12 hour shift. But I'm done now, and off for a few days. Got 1 load of laundry in the washer, 1 in the dryer, the diswasher is running, and I'm getting ready to settle down to a beer or two before retiring to bed.

No run today - weather has been raining since mid-day and it's still raining now. Pretty hard at times, with flash-flood warnings.

I'm looking at a long run tomorrow, lord willing and the creek don't rise (at least not beyond it's banks). We've gotten a great deal of rain the last month or two, and the river is still up. They had many spillway gates open at the dam yesterday, presumably to make room for the next big deluge of water coming downstream. I'm wondering how the riverwalk will be tomorrow - that's where I traditionally do my longer runs. I guess we'll see tomorrow!

Nice running, all!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Luke79

11 miles done @ 10:50.  That's my last LR before the HM next Sunday.  I'm ready.

Chairman

Scrape: Those tempo miles were blazing fast!

I totally ran out of glycogen and stumbled home. It was pretty embarrassing, but I guess that's what happens when you eat crap all week.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

Hi dailies:

April - 37 feels like summer right now

DaveP and Robert - enjoy the rest

Baboon - hope the recovery and PT are going well

D - I thought about just wearing a bra too, but it was a little cold still

Zelanie - nice, how about a fancy coffee with a froth palm tree?

Kristin - hope the show was fun

AmiK - nice run

Sparker - lots of fitness going on

AI. - are power numbers like powerball, with less money involved?

Rick - nice run, gotta keep that fire stoked on the LR's, diet be damned.

SIAR - great D and pace

DCDan - I get weird looks anyway, may have to try that

Heidi - Beast!

D^2 - solid run for sure

Step - ack, freezing rain.  Be careful if it's bad.

Paula - enjoy the longer run tomorrow

Scotty - gonna go read that in a minute

Basya - run, sleep, eat, repeat.  That is the life Smile

scrape. - eat a cookie and feel better

Bruce - nice job on the indoors run

Tom - hah, I'm doing all the chores around here as well.  Hope the creek stays right where it needs to be for you.

Luke - nice, bring on that HM

10 mile race this morning, then 7 more after driving home, 7:51 pace.

Zelanie

Shirfan- Here you go!

Basya- Glad you were able to get your LR in after all!

Luke- Good luck next week!

Heidi- Congrats on another great run!

runmomto3boys

Knocked out 16 miles at the indoor track this afternoon ... mixed it up and ran on the treadmill for a few miles then wrapped things up back on the track. I had intended to do 17 but ran out of time (we have dear friends from Indiana who drove up this afternoon to stay for a few days) and frankly was feeling pretty drained at the end of the run anyway. Ran it faster than I had planned on top of a too fast 11 miles on Friday.

What a week!  Two blazing fast runs + 70 miles?  Someone is definitely going to score a big ole PR in Spring.  Nicely done, Bruce!

Damaris: That sounds like a good call!  Taper, baby!

LRB: Oh, shooot, shoot, shoot.  Spring so does need to get here, I agree with you on that point!  I hope the ankle is OK!

Scrape: Really?  What does that even feel like?  I honestly don't know.  By the way, I PMd you on FB....I need some advice.  Thanks!

Jay: You followed up the crazy fast 10 mile race with another 7?????  BEAST!  GREAT RUNNING!!!!  ETA: You beasted me too?  Silly!

Rick, treadmills, in general, aren't a comfortable as the outdoors for me. I can't wait to be able to run outdoors againSad

Damaris, fortunately, my e-mail didn't have any errors. Miraculously, even my name was spelled correctly! (That rarely happens.)

Luke, great LR of eleven miles, solid LR pace. Good luck next Sunday!

Shirfan, amazing job doubling today.

Damaris, *I* can't wait to see how I do. The route has gentle, rolling hills until Mount Scopus, at around mile nineteen. From there, it's a fairly steady one-mile incline of about five percent. Evil, I tell you.

I've finished reading Advanced Marathoning by Scott Douglas and Pete Pfitzinger. I'll use the eighteen-week, 55mph plan for the Bay State Marathon, which is a lot flatter than Jerusalem.

I just finished my ab work. I need to figure out what to eat, then return to bed.

No work tomorrow. School is closed because road conditions are still far from peachy. I'll be fighting the urge to even walk on the TM or do a gentle half hour on the elliptical or the ArcTrainer. Would someone please provide a valid reason to do nothing but ab work and push-ups?

16.2 total with 7@MP (~6:41 avg.pace)  This went better than I was expecting...I'll take it.

Docket_Rocket

LOL.  If you ever do, you're going to have to take a picture.

Hi dailies:

April - 37 feels like summer right now

DaveP and Robert - enjoy the rest

Baboon - hope the recovery and PT are going well

D - I thought about just wearing a bra too, but it was a little cold still

Zelanie - nice, how about a fancy coffee with a froth palm tree?

Kristin - hope the show was fun

AmiK - nice run

Sparker - lots of fitness going on

AI. - are power numbers like powerball, with less money involved?

Rick - nice run, gotta keep that fire stoked on the LR's, diet be damned.

SIAR - great D and pace

DCDan - I get weird looks anyway, may have to try that

Heidi - Beast!

D^2 - solid run for sure

Step - ack, freezing rain.  Be careful if it's bad.

Paula - enjoy the longer run tomorrow

Scotty - gonna go read that in a minute

Basya - run, sleep, eat, repeat.  That is the life Smile

scrape. - eat a cookie and feel better

Bruce - nice job on the indoors run

Tom - hah, I'm doing all the chores around here as well.  Hope the creek stays right where it needs to be for you.

Luke - nice, bring on that HM

10 mile race this morning, then 7 more after driving home, 7:51 pace.

Damaris

Fundraising Page