Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Have a Dream (Read 20 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"We all have dreams. But in order to make dreams come into reality, it takes an awful lot of determination, dedication, self-discipline, and effort."

-Jesse Owens

PADRunner

Morning Penguins. Not sure what the day holds. Maybe bike or elliptical tonight.

on my way to badass

Good morning Penguins! Thanks for the inspiration this morning PAD. 9x400 for me today.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

From the Internet.

Workout with my club this morning - 3x1 mile on the roads, we ran the course for the 5K we put on in October.

My first workout this year was May 29, 3x1 mile on the track in 8:46, 8:43, 8:31. Today's workout on the road was 7:48, 7:40, 7:40 - hooray progress! Big grin

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning !!!

A lttle sore from yesterday's 6, so I'll take a RD and get ready for a LR this weekend when its not raining.

Have a great Thriday.

Docket_Rocket

Morning.  I had another horrible workout yesterday so not sure whether to take my SRD today or not (I should not take it until Saturday, ugh).  My breathing is just too low this week.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I do have a massage and Pilates later.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins all!!  Funny thing about dreams, if you don't do it regularly, you kind of forget how.  I read the book Twenty Wishes on the recommendation of a friend, and I thought of coming up with my own list of twenty wishes.  I was pretty much tapped out at three, which is just pathetic.  Anyway, I have chorus rehearsal tonight, and likely won't have time for a WAW today due to people traipsing in and out of my lab all day.  With my tech off this week, I was hoping for some peace and quiet for my introverted self, but alas, it is not to be!!  

PAD -- enjoy your fresh not-planned day!!

Stone -- good luck with your intervals!!

Lauren -- woo-hoo for progress!!

Jerryb -- enjoy the RD!!

Docket -- so sorry about your horrible workout!!  You need to run with your own oxygen tank.  The massage sounds good, though!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

I am not a lucid dreamer, but I thought that this article was interesting.

Tonight is the open house at my school, then I have 12 miles with 9 at MP to run.  Too bad I can't run those miles in my sleep!

Lauren- You are getting so fast!  Did you decide to do a race soonish?

Morning PAD!  Thanks for starting us off again!

SF- Good luck with the 400s!

Jerry- Hope you feel better after the RD.

D- Sorry to hear about the breathing.  Hopefully it is just the cold and will clear up.

HsM- Maybe it's just that your life is so full already that you hardly need to wish for anything. Smile

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

I did my first post HM run last night. I did a nice and easy (seems like all my runs are nice and easy now) three miles with no problems I still had a bit of soreness in there but I felt pretty good. It it wasn't so hot I would probably run another fifteen minutes. I don't like the heat.

GinnyinPA

PAD - enjoy your cross training.

Stonefence - good luck on the intervals.

Lauren - you are getting fast.  Good job.

Jerry - coming back from injury, it's so easy to do too much too soon.  Enjoy your rest day.

Damaris - I hope the lungs clear up soon.  When is your next race?

HopesMom - have fun at rehearsal.  Too bad about being too busy for time to yourself.  Can you and your husband walk in the evenings, before bed?  Because we have a large dog, we get out twice a day, and in the summer our evening walks are always a pleasure.  (Not so much in January when it's 10 degrees.)

Z - good luck with your MP miles.

Jack - I'm glad you're not feeling too sore.  How's your wife doing after her hard effort?

AFM:  rest day, or maybe some cross-training.  Starting up again, I'm trying to stick to an every other day schedule for now, so I don't get hurt.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Ginny: She was pretty sore and still has Fred Flinstone feet. They are SLOWLY returning to normal size. She lost two toenails this time. Marathons are tough!

tracilynn

Hey pengs!

I did an easy 3 on the treadmill and also upper body + 15 mins on stair climber.

I signed up for a 5k Saturday up on the mountain - trails. Gonna treat it as an easy run  Supposed to get a ton of rain so it should be fun and muddy.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Singer who runs a smidge

HopesMom - have fun at rehearsal.  Too bad about being too busy for time to yourself.  Can you and your husband walk in the evenings, before bed?  Because we have a large dog, we get out twice a day, and in the summer our evening walks are always a pleasure.  (Not so much in January when it's 10 degrees.)

Some evenings yes, some no.  Wednesday and Thursday are impossible with chorus and quartet rehearsal.  It also gets a bit time crunched because of my commute -- I get home about 6:45, we go to bed at 9:00.  So we basically have two hours, and some of that time is cooking dinner and eating.  Which is why WAW usually works for me, just not this week, apparently!  Next week will be calmer, probably.

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Docket_Rocket

Thanks for the get well wishes, guys.

Ginny, I am running the Disneyland HM this weekend with my husband.

HopesMom, oxygen tank, that would be lovely, ha.

Massage done.

Damaris

Fundraising Page