Beginners and Beyond

Who is racing this weekend? Speak up already. (w/e 4/28) (Read 105 times)

If I post in that sticky thread, it's a guarantee that I will be injured and have to DNS.

Yeah, I sort of had the same superstition. I'm a bit reluctant to say too much of anything about upcoming races for that reason, but I guess I am hanging out in the wrong place to hold back too much on that kind of thing.

Dave

B-Plus

I am!

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Sorry for my tardiness...

On Sunday, I am running in the La Jolla HM.

Docket_Rocket

Poor Phil.  He just wanted a new thread on the subject and we hit him with read the three threads stickied!!!!

still planning on doing my 5K but not planning to PR.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

St Luke's Half on Sunday. Nervous.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Run for the Lakes HM in Nisswa, MN on Saturday. Hoping for a HUGE PR (13 minute).

- Andrew

YAYpril - B-Plus

Yeah, and I don't even have the excuse of tapering! Is taper madness contagious?

Yes. I'm pretty sure I'm driving my cube-mate CRAZY because all I'm talking about is the race on Sunday. And I'm drinking lots of water so I'm constantly back and forth from the kitchen to my desk, and to the bathroom from my desk.

I'm really annoying. LOL.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Run for the Lakes HM in Nisswa, MN on Saturday. Hoping for a HUGE PR (13 minute).

What's your current PR? If I PR'd by 13 minutes I'd hit 2:00:00 on the nose which would rock my socks off, but that ain't happening this weekend. Smile

bobruns

Spring Cleaning 10k on Saturday.  Cheapest race ever.  $5 for running club members!  Gotta love that price. It's a no frills race.  They didn't print a shirt for this race.  They are showing up with the leftovers from the past races for you to choose from.  Get it?  "Spring cleaning"...Wink

Have FUN everyone!!!

RSX

A friend teaches at an elementary school, and she is the RD for her first race which is a 5k Saturday. I have a hip flexor issue so won't be running hard unless 1 of her 3rd graders is ahead of me.

Sloooow.

5K on Saturday at Festival International. Not looking to beat my measly slow PR, as I have hardly run outside lately, and I've wrecked my legs with work-out DVD's this week, lol.

Good luck to all racers!

LRB

If I post in that sticky thread, it's a guarantee that I will be injured and have to DNS.

Word.

I am not superstitious though, I just like seeing my chicks hatch before I count them, ya dig?

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

Good luck racers!!!

I am NOT racing this weekend. And I reallllllly want to be!!! Because there is not one but TWO races right in myNEIGHBORHOOD this weekend, one Sat and one Sun. We're talking starting line under half a mile from my apartment. And they are the only 2 races scheduled in my neighborhood all year. But me? I will be at a wedding in Connecticut. And not even for a friend or family member of mine....it is my boyfriend's friend. Grrrrrr. Ok done ranting. Have great races everyone!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

Hip Redux

A friend teaches at an elementary school, and she is the RD for her first race which is a 5k Saturday. I have a hip flexor issue so won't be running hard unless 1 of her 3rd graders is ahead of me.

lol

Those kids can be fast!  The little legs motor.

YAYpril - B-Plus

I ran a 5k in March that had some kids in it. This one kid, maybe 8 or 9 years old, would stop to walk, and every time he'd hear me come up behind him he'd start sprinting again and pass me, then stop to walk, etc. He kept dodging out in front of me. I kind of wanted to kick him in the face after a few minutes of that.