Beginners and Beyond

Bibs with the same #s (Read 117 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

How many bibs do or have you had that are the same numbers? I am bored right now, and was staring at my wall and started counting.

the # 178 - 3 bibs

the # 171 - 3 bibs

the # 508 - 2 bibs

That's it for me.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

#artbydmcbride

the # 1 bib = 3

Runners run

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I don't have that one yet, I have the # 2 though Smile

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

bhearn

I don't have all my bib #s recorded (nor can I sort by bib # on my maniacs page).

But I have run 3:08:34 twice (on consecutive weekends!). Also 3:19:10 twice, 3:19:11 twice, and 3:18:16, 17, 18, and 20.

Oh -- I see I have run #87 twice, and #59 twice.

Tar Heel Mom

kween

I don't have all my old bibs from 1984-1991, so I will never know. I have all my bibs from 2000-present and no repeats.

Nolite te bastardes carborundum.

LRB

I don't have all my old bibs from 1984-1991, so I will never know.

That's a lot of racin' right there!

I have all of mine and will check later, but I do know like B Hearn I have run the same time for a given distance before.

wcrunner2

Are we there, yet?

I'm sure I've had the same number more than once, but I've kept only about a half dozen of the 700-800 bib numbers I've had. When I saw the question my first thought was, yes, I've seen the same bib number in a race once. At Boston in 1971 I looked over my right shoulder running through Ashford, I think, and noticed that the runner right behind me had the same bib number as mine. He was a bandit who had taken a number from another race and modified it enough to look official. I made sure to beat him to the finish line since that was pre-chip days and numbers were recorded by hand.

2024 Races:

03/09 - Livingston Oval Ultra 6-Hour, 22.88 miles

05/11 - D3 50K
                      05/25 - What the Duck 12-Hour

06/17 - 6 Days in the Dome 12-Hour.

Love the Half

Every one of my bibs has been tossed.  I thought of starting to save them with Boston this year but then I figured I might as well keep my streak going.  Mind you, Boston puts the names of the top 10 AG qualifers on their bibs and if I ever manage that feat, I'll probably keep it.

Short term goal: 17:59 5K

Mid term goal:  2:54:59 marathon

Long term goal: To say I've been a runner half my life.  (I started running at age 45).

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Okay...... you guys who have over 50 bibs don't have to look if you don't want to, and if you don't keep yours. I only have about 20............ up on my wall - 5 half marathon bibs and the others are 5ks, 7ks, 10ks, 15ks. I am more than sure I won't be keeping track of the #s at some point.

PRs

RSX

I kept 1 Boston bib only because Bill Rodgers signed it. Every other bib was tossed except my New Brunswick one.

Birdwell

I kept the bib from my first ultra. It seemed like an important thing to do at the time.

Now?

Not so much.

Antipodean

I don't have all my bib #s recorded (nor can I sort by bib # on my maniacs page).

But I have run 3:08:34 twice (on consecutive weekends!). Also 3:19:10 twice, 3:19:11 twice, and 3:18:16, 17, 18, and 20.

Oh -- I see I have run #87 twice, and #59 twice.

I don't keep my bibs, but I have run 25:01 twice for 5k, trying, of course, to break 25 minutes, which I did eventually.

Julie

"It's not the mountain we conquer, but ourselves."

~ Sir Edmund Hillary

I don't keep my bibs, but I have run 25:01 twice for 5k, trying, of course, to break 25 minutes, which I did eventually.

That must've sucked.

Dave

MothAudio

I'm not sorting through all these to find out!

* And that's not all of them!.

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile

bhearn

I'm not sorting through all these to find out!

Yeah, mine would be similar. I think I should go through them and throw away the anonymous ones for random 5Ks and 10Ks. No race name, no date, nothing but a number -- what's the point of holding on to that? I do have all the marathon and ultra bibs -- except that as I pulled them out of storage a few weeks ago and sorted out all the Boston bibs and medals, one of the Boston bibs was missing. :-( 2014 will be 10 Bostons in a row; I was going to take a pic of the bibs and medals.