Beginners and Beyond

spooky Sundailies (Read 36 times)

Giant spider dogs, gloomy weather, candy corn, and pumpkins are this week's sponsors.

5K in a cemetery today!

LRB

Giant spider dogs....

I lol'd during the night at that video, just too damn funny!

LRB

I don't know that I have ever sat down watched a single play from an NFL game in London.  But now that my beloved Lions are playing the Falcons this morning I will watch an entire game!

The 9:30 AM kickoff should give me enough time to hit the pavement for an easy 6, after that it will be breakfast and football!

delicate flower

I don't know that I have ever sat down watched a single play from an NFL game in London.  But now that my beloved Lions are playing the Falcons this morning I will watch an entire game!

The 9:30 AM kickoff should give me enough time to hit the pavement for an easy 6, after that it will be breakfast and football!

BONUS FOOTBALL!  Football ALL DAY today!  DW is...thrilled.  I've got some easy miles to run this morning, then I'll catch the end of that game before setting in for the usual 7 hours of Sunday football.

Jay, good luck in your 5K!!

<3

B-Plus

Thought I might have trouble sleeping last night with all the excitement of my walkout and the huge win, sealing our playoff spot! But I got a reasonable 7 ish hours.

13.1 coming up.

LRB

13.1 coming up.

Sounds like a drink, top shelf of course.  Go kill it!

happylily

Sounds like a drink, top shelf of course.  Go kill it!

+1! GOOD LUCK!

And good luck to Sly and Jay as well!

I have 13 or 14 at easy pace sometime this afternoon. For now, I must do a shit load of house cleaning.

Enjoy your runs, races and football games, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

13.1 coming up.

Give it hell, B-P.

<3

Thought I might have trouble sleeping last night with all the excitement of my walkout and the huge win, sealing our playoff spot! But I got a reasonable 7 ish hours.

13.1 coming up.

Kill it!

Dave

B-Plus

Check me out here:

http://track.rtrt.me/e/RNR-VANCOUVER-2014#b=RLX74K6U&v=ptrack

Race starts at 8:15 pacific.

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have a run and lifting weights tonight.

B+, good luck!

Jay, good luck!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

The 9:30 AM kickoff should give me enough time to hit the pavement for an easy 6...

I felt so good that I extended the run, something I rarely if ever do.  7.5 done

Zelanie

Kill it B+, Sly, Lurch, and Jay!

5 ish for me in a bit.  Time to get back to some speedwork I think.

Cyberic

Woke up this morning and didn't feel like running. I felt tired mentally and physically. But you know those days when you finally hit the pavement and everything seems to fall into place, and you realize that all that running is finally paying off? Well, this wasn't one of them. First mile, I was running like some robot, then I felt ok, and the last mile or two I felt like being home.

Still ran 9 easy miles.

B+, Think of the Whitecaps, not the Canucks, and you'll have a great race

Jay, that's cool to race in a cemetary on Halloween. Go kill it!

B-Plus

Thanks guys! Time to go kill it.

I was a bit back and forth about going there and then warmup, or warmup jog there then stand around. Since I'm not sure of the start area logistics, time to jog over.