Beginners and Beyond

Remembrance dailies (Wednesday) (Read 45 times)

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here

Marjorie

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Where we you 12 years ago when you heard?  I was at our then medical directors office with my front desk person. It was before they opened and we went there to get our TB tests done. I was up front waiting on Marilyn as she was talking in the back and I was up front talking o the receptionist. They had the TV on. We saw the news of when the first plane crashed into the tower. We thought it was just a small plane that had lost control.  We were driving back to the office when the other plane hit.

Marjorie

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Marjorie!

I ran a quick (slow) 4.11 miles early this morning in remembrance of the victims of 9/11.

Never Forget!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

hog4life

I had just got off work from night shift, and was watching the morning news before going to bed. Needless to say, I didn't go to sleep at my normal time.

5 miles last night with 4 x 800's.

delicate flower

'Morning, folks!  7 easy miles yesterday (8:19 pace) in heat, humidity, and bugs.  Good news is that today will be even grosser.  It kind of feels like one of those days in early March, where you're getting spring fever but then a late snowstorm comes through and pisses you off.  It's like that, only the complete opposite.  I've got six miles planned after work. 

Where we you 12 years ago when you heard?

Workin'.  I saw everyone gathered around the TV in the lobby and thought, "Don't these people have any work to do?"  Then I heard what happened.  Oddly enough, my main source of news and info was internet forums since all the internet news sites were inaccessible due to high traffic.

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  SRD today as I FE with bingo_jenn tonight.

12 years ago, I was working at a communications department, so we had a first look of the disaster.  I remember that even weeks later I was still reading online news and stories from that day.  Anything I could find.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jess runs for bacon

I had just gotten pulled over by a cop (the tie from my sweater was hanging out and he let me know). They said the tower was on fire, I didn't think much of it. My stepdad works in the city and we couldn't get a hold of him. I was working in the mall with zero access to TV or radio, we just got all our info from those who did.

On a lighter note, I have 7 planned: finally got the map feature working on my treadmill. I have been neglecting hills which I need for the RW half, so what better way than to run the course on my treadmill? I'm actually looking forward to it.

Good morning.

6 done in the humidity this morning.

Where was I? I was getting ready for work and the TV was on for some reason (I don't usually have it on in the morning).. passed through the living room and stopped in my tracks. I was late for work that day... it was too unbelievable, I couldn't move.

Gustav1

Fear is a Liar

Ran 8x400 in this humidity yesterday. Figured today would be worse so I plan on 6-7 easy.

I was on the other side of the Hudson  river. Threads like these make me remember things I want to forget. I don't know if that's good or bad.

I'm so vegetarian I don't even eat animal crackers!

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I remember very clearly where I was, taking the I-STEP in my homeroom in 7th grade. My homeroom teacher got a phone call, I guess from the office and he very quietly got up from his chair and turned the t.v on. We all just stared in horror, disbelief and sadness, I remember the look on my teacher's face and I'll never forget it.

Don't get mad at me, but I got my run in this morning between 1:30-2:30 a.m Blush The last couple of nights have been just restless and Dorian keeps waking up just before 4 a.m and I cannot get out the door and I do not want to run in the afternoon/evening in the heat AND blanket of air. I don't do this often, actually since Dorian's birth I have probably only done it 5-10 times  (in 17 months), but I figure this kind of stuff keeps whatever predator or stalker always guessing and on their toes Big grin

Got 6 miles in this morning.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

StepbyStep-SH

5.42 miles this morning, with a little bit of pep in my step actually.

I was editor of a small-town weekly paper in Iowa covering a county board meeting when someone walked in and said a plane had hit one of the towers. We all assumed it was a small plane/inexperienced pilot. I didn't realize the extent of it until I walked to the local Radio Shack after the meeting to pick up photos (they did our film processing) and saw the TVs on there. Since Tuesdays were our deadline for printing the paper, I was instantly in "news mode" trying to find local connections to the story. The true enormity of it didn't really sink in until a couple days later.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Yoga before work this morning.

I was in a business meeting with a customer, in a conference room off the lobby of their building. I remember during the meeting, I could hear a radio very loudly coming from the lobby, although I couldn't make out what it was saying. I was thinking, how rude is it that someone has a radio that loud. Then after the meeting was over, the guy sitting at the front desk told me planes had just crashed into the World Trade Centers.

Incidentally, my lifelong friend, who I have literally known since we were infants, was scheduled to get married the following Saturday, right across the river in NJ. DW & I planned to make a big weekend out of it - my parents were coming into town to watch the kids, we were going to fly in with another couple & spend the weekend touring NYC. (Of course the WTC was on the agenda.) Needless to say we did not make the trip. They did have the wedding, although the guests who made it were virtually all from her side (NJ), with almost no one from his side (Chicago).

Dave

Hip Redux

In 2001, I was in lab in grad school.  I was the only one with a TV in lab - a little 4" black and white thing - so everyone was crowded in my bench space for the morning.

I gymmed it last night - single leg squats and deadlifts, followed by Pallof presses and planks and rounded out with my hip PT work - side lunges with the bands and cable leg extensions.   My body is sufficiently tired today.

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

12 years ago today I was getting ready for another day of classes in college. It would have been my sophomore year, so I probably had physics at 9. It was very surreal that day. One plane, then the second. The Pentagon. The one that crashed in a field. I still think about it today, and it seems like something out of a movie.

I did 6 today @ 8:48 pace.

- Andrew

PADRunner

4 easy this morning.

Where we you 12 years ago when you heard? 

I was contracting for American Airlines, spent most of the day watching a 9" B/W tv in the basement. We were located just south of DFW, there are constant take offs and landings. Later that day and for the rest of the week it was quiet.