Beginners and Beyond

Penguins SaturDAILY Take #42 (Read 23 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

PADRunner

Heading to my sisters this morning to run the Octoberfast Downhill Dash 5k with her family. Hadn't really planned on a race but I've been curios what I can do in a 5k now. 45 and 10m north wind now. Hopefully it will warm up a little by 8:30.

Bin Running

PAD, Enjoy the run.

RD for me today. Jaundice level for DD is still high. Need to do one more test in Monday.

A little nervous abt tmr 32k race as cough is still there.

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

tracilynn

good luck Pad!

and good luck to all our racers today.  Should be a nice cool day for running and racingCool

RD for me.  Birthday party fun later and then watching football tonight with a cold one or two (hundred)...Evil

~~~~~~~

Traci

tracilynn

hey bin, sorry the jaundice levels are still high.  It took awhile for my Daughter's level to decrease too.  That's tough with all the blood draws.  Tough for mom and dad to see the little one cry  Sad

32K wow!  maybe take it easy since you still have the cough.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  12 miles with 4 @ MP tonight unless I'm in pain.  This will serve as a trial.

Got an answer from the doctor.  Not muscular, nothing injured.  Not sure if the guys here would like to hear what I got during Chicago but if you ask, you've been warned.

PAD, enjoy the 5K.

Bin, enjoy the rest day.  Hope the jaundice levels go down soon.

Traci, enjoy the birthday party.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

Morning!  12 miles with 4 @ MP tonight unless I'm in pain.  This will serve as a trial.

Got an answer from the doctor.  Not muscular, nothing injured.  Not sure if the guys here would like to hear what I got during Chicago but if you ask, you've been warned.

PAD, enjoy the 5K.

Bin, enjoy the rest day.  Hope the jaundice levels go down soon.

Traci, enjoy the birthday party.

yeast infection?  crabs?  Big grin what?!

~~~~~~~

Traci

Docket_Rocket

Ruptured ovarian cyst.  There.

Be careful what you wish for.

Oh, and ouchie.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

tracilynn

day-um.

wow.  I imagine that was very painful.

I guess the bright side is its not a running injury!  So that's good!

The downer was the timing of the rupture.   I see you are on the mend and running again.  Its only up from here.

~~~~~~~

Traci

Awood_Runner

Smaller By The Day

PADRunner - If it's too cold, just run faster.  That always seems to do the trick :-)

Bin - Get everybody healthy.  The 32k will take care of itself.

tracilynn - Sounds like a good day.  I'm debating whether I want to drink at all tonight.  I've been with my boss all week.  That means that I've been drinking ALL week.  I'm up a couple of pounds, and that's not really conducive to my upcoming marathon.

Docket - That doesn't sound fun at all.  Is that going to effect upcoming races?  That may sound like a stupid question.  I don't know enough about that type of thing to know if I sound stupid for asking or not.  This isn't part of that whole "uterus falling out" thing, is it?

AFM - It was raining and damn cold when I woke up.  I checked the forecast, and it's only getting up to the low 50's today.  So, I'm going to wait for it to quit raining.  I'm taking the new shoes out for a 16 mile tempo.  I want to make it count.  It's my last somewhat long run.  Then, it's all downhill from there.

Improvements

Weight 100 pounds lost

5K 31:02 Sept. 2012 / 23:36 Sept. 2013 (Same Course)

10K 48:59 April 2013

HM 2:03:56 Nov. 2012 / 1:46:50 March 2013

MARATHON 3:57:33 Nov. 2013

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Ruptured ovarian cyst.  There.

Be careful what you wish for.

Oh, and ouchie.

okay, I'll excuse you from the DNFE.

obiebyke

URD for me. Kind of relishing my cold as an excuse to sit around and drink tea while it's cold and rainy outside.

PAD: Awesome on the race. Have fun!

Bin: Break a leg (not really). I hope your kiddo is better soon.

Docket: That happened to me while waiting in the lunch line in high school. It HURTS! Wow. Glad you're on the mend.

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

hog4life

Pad, good luck!

Bin, be patient with the jaundice, she'll get better. Good luck on the 32k, maybe slow the pace a little.

Traci, enjoy the bday and game. Y'all don't beat up my Hogs too bad, okay?

Docket, sorry to hear that but it sounds like you are on the mend. Will there be more problems? I sure hope not.

Awood, enjoy the 16. I may try for 12-15 later, at least 10 though.

AFM- finished my 5k in 23:56. I passed a million people, I can't believe some people line up so close to the front, then bonk! At 1/4 mile, there were people walking already. I really need to do some more miles later, but we're heading to a little Fall Festival for a little bit. My 5k time is obviously not going to get better unless I focus on the distance.

hog4life

Obie, warm and rainy is one thing, but cold and rainy is another! I did a race early this year in May, it was 42 degrees and pouring, it was miserable.

GinnyinPA

PADRunner - good luck on the 5k.  Have fun.

BIN - I hope your 32k tomorrow goes better than you expect.  Maybe steam your lungs tonight in hot bath or shower?

Damaris - ouch!  Long term effects?

Tracilynn - whose birthday?  Have fun at your party.

Awood - enjoy your long tempo.  Hope it stays dry for you.

Cold and gray skies here, again.  I need to move out west again where it's not so gray and gloomy.  This has been a bad year for that.  Little rain but a lot of clouds.  I'm feeling a touch of achiness from yesterday, but not as bad as last time.  I'll take another couple of days off before I try to run again.  The dog will, however, get his walk.