Beginners and Beyond

Boom, Boom, Boom FriDAILIES! (Read 35 times)

LRB

10k done in 46:43. That's good for a course PR but off of my 10k PR. Weather was nice, 65 with a DP in the mid-50s. I'm ok with my performance, but I really wanted that sub 45. I was shooting for it until the half way mark. With my lack of 10k specific training there was no way I was going to get it today. Overall, I feel pretty good about it and it's a good fitness indicator going in to my HM training.

Way to hang tough!  The 10k is no joke yo!

Docket_Rocket

Great job, Jack.  Summer is not for PRs, IMO, but for running as strong as you can under the conditions.

I LOLd that my Pilates Instructor introduced me to her mentor and called me her little swearer.  If she wasn't that bad of an abuser, I wouldn't need to swear while I do my stuff. 

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

happylily

Man those first two splits look delectable!  Your sub-20:00 is all but a formality, the only question will be how far past it you go!

Delectable splits.  Only you, the very fast guys, will talk like that. 

Well done, Jack!!! 

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Man those first two splits look delectable!  Your sub-20:00 is all but a formality, the only question will be how far past it you go!

I hope you are right, LRB. I tried to apply your strategy of 6:45 and faster each mile, but I felt ok the first two miles. I think I could have held on if it weren't for that hill at mile three, but that's racing.

Nice job, Klompus!

Dave

Docket_Rocket

This is some of what I did today:

I'm Tired!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Brr: Nice race! I am also training for a HM at the end of August. I'm using the Ryan Hall 10 week plan, but I am starting to replace some of the speed days with Daniels' workouts.

LRB

I used to scoff at the notion that the ideal weight for someone who is 6' tall is 162lbs (depending on which formula you use, but most seem to say 160-164), but as I continue to drop weight, it doesn't seem that unreasonable.

My friends and family are already flippin' the fuck out at my now 175 lbs (down from 195 lbs 2 years ago), they would call for an intervention if I were to drop 10 more pounds!

Someone who sees me running every morning just asked me the other day if I weighed 140 lbs! 

But yes, getting to your ideal weight is a mindset, if you want it you can do it.  Congrats on your improvement thus far!

happylily

Morning! Happy 4th of July!

10k done in 46:43. That's good for a course PR but off of my 10k PR. Weather was nice, 65 with a DP in the mid-50s. I'm ok with my performance, but I really wanted that sub 45. I was shooting for it until the half way mark. With my lack of 10k specific training there was no way I was going to get it today. Overall, I feel pretty good about it and it's a good fitness indicator going in to my HM training.

I missed this. Excellent, Andrew! A course PR is definitely a sign of improvement.

happylily

Damaris, I like the photos, but it's YOU I want to see in the contraptions. 

Docket_Rocket

My friends and family are already flippin' the fuck out at my now 175 lbs (down from 195 lbs 2 years ago), they would call for an intervention if I were to drop 10 more pounds!

Someone who sees me running every morning just asked me the other day if I weighed 140 lbs! 

But yes, getting to your ideal weight is a mindset, if you want it you can do it.  Congrats on your improvement thus far!

I know I need to lose weight as someone I had lunch with said I look great and on the right weight.  They don't understand runners. 

Damaris

Fundraising Page

LRB

This is some of what I did today:

I'm Tired!

How in the hell are you smiling while doing that?!

Docket_Rocket

Damaris, I like the photos, but it's YOU I want to see in the contraptions. 

Every minute costs $, missy!  I'll see if I can convince her to give me five minutes and take my pic one day.

Damaris

Fundraising Page

happylily

How in the hell are you smiling while doing that?!

Exactly what I was thinking...

Docket_Rocket

LRB, that's why she calls me her little curser.  I am sure not smiling when I am doing that.  Some days I cannot even keep it like that for a long period of time (it's hard especially after an MLR).

Damaris

Fundraising Page