Beginners and Beyond

Spit, Don't Swallow.......... (Read 90 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

And you thought it would be something dirty 

Anyways, thoughts on this article?

http://running.competitor.com/2014/05/nutrition/study-rinse-spit-out-your-sports-drink_9869

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

So instead of dodging paper cups from water and Powerade stations during a race, runners now will dodge sports drink spit from their fellow competitors.

“Only those who will risk going too far can possibly find out how far one can go.” - T.S. Eliot

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

Apparently so.... if this catches on, but I swear if I get spat on by someone spitting their gatorade or whatever, I might just go off dang it... it is one thing to have water spat on you, but something nasty and sticky is gross.

So instead of dodging paper cups from water and Powerade stations during a race, runners now will dodge sports drink spit from their fellow competitors.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

FSocks

KillJoyFuckStick

Apparently so.... if this catches on, but I swear if I get spat on by someone spitting their gatorade or whatever, I might just go off dang it... it is one thing to have water spat on you, but something nasty and sticky is gross.

Ahem.

You people have issues 

B-Plus

Docket_Rocket

Sounds smart!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

I didn't even see that until you quoted it.

Ahem.

PRs