Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES (Read 40 times)

LRB

WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

Yo.

6.0 in 56:27.09. 9:25 pace. 30F with a 20F dew point. I likeSmile

LRB

What up doe peeps!

Welp, I could not get my stupid brain to shut off last night so I tossed and turned for most of it.  I'm gonna need some help this morning!

LOL!

delicate flower

HAPPY TUESDAY AND WHATCHA SAY THERE, BOSS HOGG!  Once again I was unable to stay awake past 13:30 of the first quarter of Monday Night Football.

Last night:  7 miles at 7:59 pace, medium effort.  After my LR Sunday, I was expecting a slow, tired pace.  I felt really good though and ran faster than expected.  Not sure what any of that means, but I ain't complaining.  More RUN planned today.  I love this cold weather.  Cold weather means no more eye diving suicide bugs for a while.

Basya, nice running!

LRB:  weRd

<3

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

Morning

like the avi LRB

no running. Still waiting on my hip. I was away on business and with a bunch if other physical therapists that I trust and have great skills. We know what it is. I was right. Just SI dysfunction. I will know by Friday if I can run the race or not. Funny when I walked in one if the PTs immediately asked if I was injured as she could tell from my walk.  Will see if it has started to behave with not even trying to run all week. Since nothing bothers it at all other than running I feel just sitting here I could go run   Problem is I know I need to give it some time. Only second time in all my running years that I actually cannot run. I can't complain of just 2 times in all these years.

I am retiring from racing. I ran for 20 some years no races ever. I don't need them for motivation and since each seems to bring issues I'm going back to just running a lot and not racing. It won't change my miles.

Marjorie

Hip Redux

Aw, Marjorie that sucks it's still bothering you.    Another one down with SI crap!

I am planning on hitting the TM for 3-4 miles tonight.    But first - a day long meeting.  Dead

meaghansketch

Good morning dailies!

Rick- What up doe!  Thanks for starting us off, enjoy the coffee!

Basya- Nice chilly miles this morning!  Glad you are enjoying the weather.

Phil- Nice pace!

Marjorie- Sorry to hear of the trouble you're having.  I hope you feel better soon.

Oski- ugh, a day-long meeting?  Enjoy your miles this evening.

Me- another SRD or yoga, maybe.  I did about 10 minutes of yoga last night, I was extremely stiff but I think it helped even though I was barely moving through the poses and just skipped a lot of them.  Going down stairs is still tough but other than that I'm not feeling too terrible.  I'll dig out my copy of "Advanced Marathoning" tonight to look at Pfitzinger's post-marathon reverse taper.  I think it calls for a short, easy jog tomorrow.

Pinktastic

Good Morning, Runners!

I trust that everyone is doing well today.  I had a tough time getting moving this morning, but I’m getting into the swing of things now.

LRB – Thanks for starting us off this morning!   I hate it when I have nights like that.    Hope the coffee is extra good to you this morning!    What does your super-conservative return to running plan look like?

Basya – Great run this morning!   Are you completely over your illness?   I hope so – seems like you’ve had a lot of crap lately, and you deserve to enjoy a lot of good health from here on out.

Phil – I don’t even know who was playing on MNF last night.    Fabulous run last night – I love it when you’re able to do better than you think you will!    Have a wonderful run tonight!

Marjorie – Sorry that your hip is still bad!   That really bites!   Sending you positive, healing vibes to get that hip to function correctly!

Oski – Hope your day is cardiac event-free!   I hate all day meetings – it seems like they last for about a week and they’re so draining.   :-(

Meaghan – Your RR is awesome!  I’m glad that you’re feeling pretty well after KILLING your marathon last weekend!   Yoga sounds like a wonderful post-marathon recovery activity.

It’s raining today so I didn’t get to walk this morning.   While I don’t mind walking in the rain myself, I detest the wet dog smell that goes with walking the dog in the rain so we stayed in this morning.    I’m thinking about hitting the TM after work for a walk.   I prefer to go outside, but the TM is better than nothing.

Have a Pinktacular day!   And, may your next run inspire you to conquer new goals in all aspects of your life!

- Sarah

But The Smile That I Sent Out Returned With You.

StepbyStep-SH

LRB - I'll share my Green Mountain Breakfast Blend. Would that help?
                      Basya - Nice run!
                      Marjorie - Sending healing vibes!
                      Baboon - Have a good day and run!
                      Oski - Hope it's either a productive meeting, or the kind where you can hide behind your laptop under the guise of taking notes and cruise the 'net.
                      Meaghan - Enjoy the reverse taper! You earned it!
                      Pink - Glad you are back to walking!

8.22 slow, easy miles for me this morning in very thick, very dark fog. There were places where I was away from any street lights that I could only see about 15 feet, even with my headlamp. It's eerie not being able to see around you as you hear leaves falling and water dripping from the trees.

Strength training class later this morning, then I'll attempt to donate blood at our church's blood drive. I had to quit for a while due to anemia, then the last time I tried, they were coming up with really wacky super-low blood pressure readings, coupled with a really high (for me) resting heart rate, yet I felt just fine. Hopefully this time all the readings will come out right so I can give.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Dad on the run.

Hey everyone, its that time of the year again where every run is a night run, hurray!..... :/

Managed 4 miles lastnight, first 2 miles went great and was keeping under 9m/m then I started having ITB pain, I blame it on my crazy dogs and having to redirect their attention ever time we pass by a person, a dog, a cat, a newspaper, a.... well you get the point. Really its just the younger one - Carter. Brody does great running with me. So the last 2 mile was a walk and then sprint, since sprinting for whatever reason doesn't cause any pain. I did make sure to stretch and roll after the run.

Plan for 3 easy tonight without the boys.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

delicate flower

Hey everyone, its that time of the year again where every run is a night run, hurray!..... :/

I figure I can probably squeeze another week or two of daylight runs in as long as I don't fart around at work and get my runs in quickly.  Sunset doesn't get really early until later this month, and I figure there are 15-20 minutes past sunset where there is enough daylight to not need lights.  So as long as I stick to the rail trai, I should be ok for a little while.  Not taking any chances though if I take to the road.

#coolstorybab

<3

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Not sure what I will do today.  In Court.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Docket_Rocket

I love this time of year.  It's when I can run with no sun trying to kill me.

I saw the new averages for Miami.  We increased 2F from last year.  Hooray for horrible places!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Just B.S.

Morning everyone. Been absent and busy since my marathon last Sunday.

Pink, so glad to see your positive update!

I always take a week of running and swim, walk, hike or bike instead and that's what I was doing for active

recovery in the last week.

Went out last night for a 6k run and had some wheels!! No aches or pains everything felt great and ran

the 6k at an 8:30 pace.

As always in Nov/Dec I just run when/how far I feel like and today's run will be whatever it turns out to be.

Have a great day everyone!