Beginners and Beyond

TUESDAILIES? (Read 30 times)

Anyone here?

A friend whom I hadn't seen in a while asked me out for last-minute drinks last night. So, I did push-ups, abs, and stretching last night.

I tried to do nine miles this morning, but cramping overtook me. 3.60 miles o'suck on the TM in 36:00. 10:00 pace.

Take two after work.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning.  Another RD.  We arrived at 2am last night so I'm back at the office half asleep and ill.  Feeling the same (not better but not worse) but hopefully by tomorrow, Day 10, this shit will get the fuck away.

They are not going to test me but yes, it is a virus similar to dengue or chikunguya.  When I get sick, I don't get sick; I get fucking sick.  Ha.

Damaris

Yo! It was 52 degrees this morning...whaa? Great temp for a run anyway.

Went to the track for 6x800 w/400 recoveries. Added 3 warmup & 2.75 cooldown for 10 miles total.

Target - 3:30 splits. Actual - 3:36, 3:32, 3:32, 3:29, 3:32, 3:30

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

Damaris, I'm glad that you returned home safely. Feel well soon.

DaveP MI, nice interval workout.

The intensity of cramping decreased enough for me to do weights for my upper body, shins, and calves. yay.

LRB

Run fail.

It's been forever since I have typed those words if I ever have.

Was supposed to be a quality day but I was tight and stiff all about my hips and glutes and just did not have it.

In the past three days I have raced, ran long and had an extremely strenuous red cord session so I wimped out and ran easy after two failed attempts to sustain a sub-7:00 pace.

I just did not see the point in forcing things so 8 done, fark.

StepbyStep-SH

Hope that those of us who are under the weather (which seems to the majority so far) feel better soon!

URD for me. After having to sit out most of my martial arts class last night because I felt somewhere between puking and passing out, I decided to sleep in this morning. Stomach still doesn't feel right and my lips are very dry, which usually means I'm running a bit of a fever. At this rate, I may not run until Sunday. I don't feel awful, but I don't feel good either. And I hate that I'm missing out on this awesome running weather - our temps are in the 50s this morning, too.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

Happy Tuesday!  Well I am sad to say that my streak of three nights with 10+ hours of sleep came to end last night.  Today's run plans are to hit the track after work.  It's probably a tad soon after my last track workout (Saturday), but I am trying to get my schedule aligned.  With a hard LR effort on the Friday agenda, I either do the speed workout today or skip it this week. I'd rather squeeze it in.  OK then.

11:30 to 4 meeting today.  FML.

<3

LRB

Saturday Tuesday speed work days are usually not a problem.

delicate flower

Saturday Tuesday speed work days are usually not a problem.

Thinking of doing 800's for the first time today.  I've done all 400's so far.  Maybe aim for goal HMP on those intervals.  Heh...I am so clueless.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Thinking of doing 800's for the first time today.  I've done all 400's so far.  Maybe aim for goal HMP on those intervals.  Heh...I am so clueless.

What pace were you doing 400s at? Most plans call for 800s to be closer to 5k pace. Make it hurt a little.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

delicate flower

What pace were you doing 400s at? Most plans call for 800s to be closer to 5k pace. Make it hurt a little.

Problem is, I don't know what my 5K pace is right now.  PR pace is 6:40 from December.  I've been running my 400's at 6:45 pace and they've been hard.  I don't think I can handle running 800's faster than that.  Doesn't help that I am doing these in the summer.  I am just starting with the track workouts (I've done three of them) and I am still trying to figure them out.

<3

LRB

That should not be a problem for you.  Don't think it, know it.

Cyberic

My runs are getting shorter and shorter but at least this morning I did 8x2 minutes at Interval pace. My first 2 were a bit slow if I remember correctly but then the pace came back.

In my first week I said that I was not impressed by the food. Maybe it was Barcelona or we were not good at choosing restaurants, but now we eat very well.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Quote from LRB on 7/28/2014 at 7:10 PM:

I saw a mouse looking thingy at a job this evening but it was not a mouse.   

Well, LRB, quit looking down at yourself then, when you pee! 

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

My runs are getting shorter and shorter but at least this morning I did 8x2 minutes at Interval pace. My first 2 were a bit slow if I remember correctly but then the pace came back.

In my first week I said that I was not impressed by the food. Maybe it was Barcelona or we were not good at choosing restaurants, but now we eat very well.

That has been my opinion about Spanish food forever.  We have a lot of Spanish restaurants back home and they are not impressive.

Damaris