Beginners and Beyond

TuesDAILIES: Beware of the magnifying mirror (Read 40 times)

LRB

There was a time when I thought those things were really cool, but the older I get the more I realize they are not cool at all. 

LRB

What up doe crew!

I am heading out for something easy, be back later!

Cyberic

Mettings all day long at work. Will probably be short on time to run during lunch. Got intervals to do. Might just run back from work and do my intervals then.

Another beautiful running morning.

Decided to give myself an extra recovery day & forego my regularly scheduled 3x2 @ MP-10.

Instead, just did 8 easy.

Dave

Docket_Rocket

Morning. I have 9 miles with 2 X 2 miles at HMP tonight. My coach has a sense of humor, great.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

delicate flower

'Morning!  Back in the office after a three day weekend.  LAME.  Fun weekend though.  DW did awesome in her half ironman debut, exceeding her expectations by 47 minutes (she wanted to break 7 hours and did it in 6:13).

As far as me, 8 hilly miles last night (8:09 pace) and 7 flat miles this morning (7:55 pace) for the PM/AM double, and I'll run more after work today.  Loading up the miles early this week so I can ease into my HM this Saturday.

<3

Docket_Rocket

'Morning!  Back in the office after a three day weekend.  LAME.  Fun weekend though.  DW did awesome in her half ironman debut, exceeding her expectations by 47 minutes (she wanted to break 7 hours and did it in 6:13).

As far as me, 8 hilly miles last night (8:09 pace) and 7 flat miles this morning (7:55 pace) for the PM/AM double, and I'll run more after work today.  Loading up the miles early this week so I can ease into my HM this Saturday.

Congrats, MBC!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Ooh, I'm getting all tingly for you. Wait, that didn't sound right.

Oh and I already commented on it, but again mad props to MBC, tell her to post here once in a while so we can shower her with compliments. Don't chicks usually like that sort of thing?

Dave

happylily

MBC is a rockstar! I can't imagine 6 hours of intense physical effort!

I have 13 miles after work. with 3x2 miles @ HM pace. My sciatica (at least I think that's what it is) has been killing me lately. And I had to take an ice bath for the first time in my life last night. My legs are just too consistently sore. I have to stop that pain crap now and take better of my rusty old carcass.

Have a nice sunny day, everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

Ooh, I'm getting all tingly for you. Wait, that didn't sound right.

Oh and I already commented on it, but again mad props to MBC, tell her to post here once in a while so we can shower her with compliments. Don't chicks usually like that sort of thing?

sometimes!

Thanks Smile

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3.3 miles for me today.  Hill work around the university campus.  I got lapped a time or two by the Army and Air Force ROTC groups out doing their formation runs.   Nice run/walk though, felt really good the whole way.  Temp and dewpoint were cooperative....70 degrees at 6 a.m. dew-point under 70, nice!

September 9th, is "National I Love Food Day".     Eat your favorite food today, whatever it may be.

Quote from Docket_Rocket on 9/8/2014 at 2:39 PM:

I have been coughing all fucking day which is a sign of another asthma bout.  Fuck my life.

But at least my LRS called to tell me the shoe I have been waiting for arrived.  Just what I need, more shoes.

I hear ya, Damaris.  I have 6 pairs of ASICS Nimbus in rotation....and I just ordered another pair!   Gail said "REALLY?"  I said, 'Yeah, but these are blue and I don't have that color yet." 

Well, LRB, count your blessings...the only thing you DO have to use it for is reading....wait till you get to MY age...you'll be using it to find EVERYTHING....

Oh yah, Cy, all-day meetings at work.  Fun stuff....

8 miles is a recovery day, Dave?  Jeez....

Hope your lungs are feeling better, Damaris!

Congrats to MBC, Baboon, that is awesome!  Stay rested this week for your upcoming half.   Which, of course, you will knock out of the park, as usual with your races.

Sorry about the sciatica, Lily.  Lie on your back on the floor.  Bring leg up, knee to chest, hands loosely wrapped around front of knee.  Hold for about 10-15 seconds.  Repeat with other leg.  Alternate back and forth, 10 reps each leg.  This stretch will help alleviate the pressure on the sciatic nerve.   I've dealt with spinal arthritis, degenerative disc disease and back problems for about 10 years now.  I wish I didn't have to deal with it but since I do, after this long I've learned a thing or two from my PT and other sources that really does help me.  Hope this works for you too!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Zelanie

Morning!  I have the second 3 x 2 mile workout today.  The first one was fun, so here's hoping that this one will be enjoyable too.

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Took a rest day yesterday, I love running in the rain, but the visibility was horrible, so I didn't want to risk it.  Flooding everywhere today, with more rain on the way.  8 miles done, more this evening.

Congrats MBC, great job!

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

LRB

sometimes!

Thanks Smile

'Sup yo!  

LRB

Loading up the miles early this week so I can ease into my HM this Saturday.

DESTROY IT IN THE FACE!

Hey, it worked for that other guy.