Beginners and Beyond

Potentially Big Blizzard (Read 176 times)

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

LRB

2' of snow for those guys is like a dusting for everyone else lol!  Be careful though yes.

I usually do not complain but I for one am sick of A) the seemingly 30 straight days of arctic temps we have had the past month and B) all the damn snow!

Angry

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

2' of snow for those guys is like a dusting for everyone else lol!  Be careful though yes.

I usually do not complain but I for one am sick of A) the seemingly 30 straight days of arctic temps we have had the past month and B) all the damn snow!

Angry

Yes, I miss warm weather.

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

delicate flower

We are in 15"+ territory.  I have a surgery follow up appointment at 1:30 Friday.  It's a 45 minute drive.  Figures!

<3

yeoldefatguy

We are expecting maybe a foot here in Michigan. A heavy, wet foot of snow. Yeah...

LRB

We are expecting maybe a foot here in Michigan. A heavy, wet foot of snow. Yeah...

I thought you were pullin' my chain.  Just checked weatherscan and sure as shit, a winter storm watch is in effect from Thursday at 7:00 pm till Friday at noon!  I didn't even know about it!  Welp, there goes my speed work this weekend.

Time to find an indoor track.

yeoldefatguy

I thought you were pullin' my chain.  Just checked weatherscan and sure as shit, a winter storm watch is in effect from Thursday at 7:00 pm till Friday at noon!  I didn't even know about it!  Welp, there goes my speed work this weekend.

Time to find an indoor track.

You could always shovel for a little cross training. The blizzard we got two years ago took me four hours to shovel out the driveway. For shits and grins I wore my hr monitor. Burned about 2200 calories and my hr was in the 120-130 range. About the same as a 10 mile run or so.

LRB

You could always shovel for a little cross training. The blizzard we got two years ago took me four hours to shovel out the driveway. For shits and grins I wore my hr monitor. Burned about 2200 calories and my hr was in the 120-130 range. About the same as a 10 mile run or so.

I'd rather beat Jack Frost into submission and get my HR going that way, but I know what you mean.  Shoveling snow is a great workout.

meaghansketch

Looks like anything could happen with this storm-- weather looks like it's saying anywhere between 1 and 30 inches for my area.  If it's 1" I should be doing my first 20-miler for my spring marathon.  If it's 30"... Uh... I guess I'll try to get away with it at the gym, though there are time limits on the treadmills and I don't know how much CNN I can stand.

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

I was juat going to write what was predicted for NYC but meghansketch beat me to it. Anywhere beyween 1 and 30 gives a LOT of room for error lol.

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

LRB

Looks like anything could happen with this storm-- weather looks like it's saying anywhere between 1 and 30 inches for my area.  If it's 1" I should be doing my first 20-miler for my spring marathon.  If it's 30"... Uh... I guess I'll try to get away with it at the gym, though there are time limits on the treadmills and I don't know how much CNN I can stand.

1 to 30 inches?  What kind of a jack leg forecast is that?  That's like saying the world could end tomorrow, or it may not.  And when it doesn't they'll say, see, we were right lol!

kristin10185

Skirt Runner

and good luck on.that 20 miler meghan where ever it is!!!

PRs:   5K- 28:16 (5/5/13)      10K- 1:00:13 (10/27/13)    4M- 41:43 (9/7/13)   15K- 1:34:25  (8/17/13)    10M- 1:56:30 (4/6/14)     HM- 2:20:16 (4/13/14)     Full- 5:55:33 (11/1/15)

I started a blog about running :) Check it out if you care to

meaghansketch

1 to 30 inches?  What kind of a jack leg forecast is that?  That's like saying the world could end tomorrow, or it may not.  And when it doesn't they'll say, see, we were right lol!

Exactly-- My coworker made the point (and I agree) that it reads like an Onion headline.  "The Northeast may or may not get a lot of snow".

Better I Leave

Having lived in Lake Tahoe, we wouldn't break out the snowblower until we had at least 2 feet. Otherwise we'd just drive through it. Of course, living in Tahoe meant 4WD was a given. I remember talking to an ol' timer once who told me that it was stoopid to carry chains in a 4WD 'cuz "If you're in conditions where you gotta chain up a 4x4...you shouldn't be drivin'."

I've only once had to chain up my ol' Jeep Wagoneer going over Echo Summit. You folks stay safe out there and be careful. We just had a couple who drove over Hwy80 get caught in a storm and one of them died trying to walk out. Sad

16 to 24 inches forecast for my area.  The biggest hassle about it is that my husband's shoot for this weekend was cancelled.  Booo.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau