Beginners and Beyond

Potentially Big Blizzard (Read 176 times)

SusanRachel

The naming of winter storms is, IMHO, stupid, especially when only the weather channel does it.  It's snow, for pete's sake.  It's not like it's a hurricane or something.  There might be one winter storm of economic significance per year, but they are never anything like Katrina or Sandy.  More annoying than dangerous as long as you sit tight.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

NOW, it's snowing here.  I'm amazed that a plow has already passed through my street...usually, they forget about this over here in our little corner of the city.

Nevrgivup

We've got over 2 feet of snow now and its still snowing. Its going to be an interesting drive to work today if I get out of my street. Oh the joy of being a nurse.

Running is my mental-Ctrl-Alt-Del. 

delicate flower

Oh my God we got POUNDED!  34".  Poor DW...she's on her own for cleanup.

<3

@runjerseygirl

Wow!  That's a ridiculous amount of snow!  Here in Jersey it look like about 6", which is enough for everyone to lose their shit.

Do you even run?

I can't even imagine that much snow! How do you even dig out of that! Oh, wait you don't........The DW will.. Lol. Good luck out there.

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

rmorrissey64

The weather Channel started naming storms, in part so that they would have twitter hashtag for it. The local weather people seem to have an issue with this and bad mouth the idea whenever they can (and never say the name).

We seem to have about 20" so far here in southern NH, and on the plus side it stayed so cold it's not sticking to the tree branches and is not causing power outages. Mass doesn't seem as lucky.

Village people

The weather Channel started naming storms, in part so that they would have twitter hashtag for it. The local weather people seem to have an issue with this and bad mouth the idea whenever they can (and never say the name).

We seem to have about 20" so far here in southern NH, and on the plus side it stayed so cold it's not sticking to the tree branches and is not causing power outages. Mass doesn't seem as lucky.

Good point about the temp. I also think that after the ice storm, wind storm and foot of snow in October, all the weak trees have been weeded out.

daisymae25

Squidward Bike Rider

Official readings are saying 4.4" here...which is more than enough for me to piss and moan about having to shovel.

YAYpril - B-Plus

Official readings are saying 4.4" here...which is more than enough for me to piss and moan about having to shovel.

My husband is snow blowing the driveway. I'm making waffles. Big grin

Chairman

Wow!  That's a ridiculous amount of snow!  Here in Jersey it look like about 6", which is enough for everyone to lose their shit.

Looks like we got about 10-12 here in Bergen county. But the roads are already clear. I drove around last night before the plows were out and it was awesome.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

RSX

We got 2 feet+ and are a little west of Boston. I have never wanted to own a snow blower (liked the workout aspect of shoveling) my whole life but know it is in my future now. I shoveled a foot of it last night, and when I got out this morning the high winds had blown everything back. Fortunately my neighbor has a plow and bobcat so did most of it.

At least 400k of houses are still without power. Our lights never even flickered, but we lost the internet for the morning so we lucked out.

12 inches here, that's enough.

5-6 more inches, just another day here in snow country.