Beginners and Beyond

About That Time SaturDAILIES (Read 44 times)

StepbyStep-SH

CoolWELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners, from injury to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours here.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

StepbyStep-SH

Where is everyone? C'mon! Time to run!

Low-key local half-marathon for me, with no expectations. I don't know if I can even break 2 hours today - this has not been a good year for speedwork.

But because it is on the route of the Oktoberfest parade, I'm sure the people who have been staking out their spots for hours or days will be glad to offer us breakfast beers or Bloody Mary's as we run by. Shy

delicate flower

I'm up!  Good luck with your HM, Step!

I'm getting ready for my HM too.  Having breakfast and coffee.  The weather couldn't be much nicer this morning.  High 40's, sunny, no wind.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

I want your weather, Baboon! We have 68*, 15 mph wind (in our faces on the second half).
          Good luck! You are gonna tear it up!

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Morning, Step & Phil - Morning, Dailies!

Taking in coffee as we speak. It's 59 degrees and clear here in 'Nooga - perfect day for a long run.

Looking at 12-14 today, depending on how I feel. I am 3 weeks out from my second half of the year so I really only have 2 long runs before the race.

Run well, everyone!

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54

Hip Redux

**yawn**

Mornin' folks!

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I have 8 miles tonight.  I wish I could've slept more but the cats got antsy.

Shari, enjoy the HM.

Phil, good luck to MBC and good luck to you.

Tom, enjoy the 12-14.

Oski, morning.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

10.2 for me  Puppy pool. Then we have a neighborhood picnic this afternoon

Marjorie

outoftheblue

Good morning folks,

SRD.  I'm going to pick up my bib and then get my hair cut.  Weather is supposed to be 61, partially cloudy with 89% humidity at the start of the race.  A tad warmer than usual for the coast this time of year, but at least there is supposed to be very little wind.    So, all and all, its looking pretty good.

Step and Phil -- Good luck and have fun at your HM today.

Tom -- enjoy your long run and I hope it good well and is a nice confidence booster for your upcoming half.

Hi Oski -- it time to wake up!

Damaris -- enjoy the 8 miies

Life is good.

LRB

Supp!

Coffee first, then a whole lotta' nothing until this afternoon when I will be heading to the expo for my turn to man the pacers booth.

Robert31320

Team TJ

Good morning y'all.

10.1 miles done this morning.  First double digit miles in quite a while.  Happy!

Running for TJ because he can't.

Docket_Rocket

OOTB, good luck tomorrow!

LRB, good luck pacing!

Marjorie, nice 10.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

outoftheblue

Good morning y'all.

10.1 miles done this morning.  First double digit miles in quite a while.  Happy!

Well done!

Life is good.

Docket_Rocket

Good morning y'all.

Nice!

Damaris

Fundraising Page

MothAudio

Good morning runners! Friday: 10 miles 1:29:55 - 8:59 avg. pace - easy + 1 mile cool down [10:25] A.M. / 1 mile walking P.M. Have you noticed your training paces to drop in the cooler conditions? I suspect that's what I'm experiencing in the early days of Fall. Looking over my training journal my last recovery run was at 9:13 pace for 8, that's probably too quick and I should get out this morning for a nice, slow jog.

I was reading on the front page that Wilson Kipsang is attempting a WR at the Berlin marathon on Sunday. I believe he has the 2nd fastest time [2:03:42] and 4 seconds shy of the record. The last four marathon WRs were set on the Berlin course. Perhaps this will  inspire me on my Sunday run. Enjoy your weekend!

Youth Has No Age. ~ Picasso / 1st road race: Charleston Distance Run 15 Miler - 1974 / profile