Beginners and Beyond

I Awoke for This, SUNDAILIES? (Read 41 times)

Cool  WELCOME TO THE DAILIES THREAD!   Cool

Anyone and everyone can post your runs, cross-training, abdominal work, rest days, race plans, training questions, etc.. The only stupid question is the one you did not post. There’s a great mix of beginners and veterans, runners and walkers, and maniacs and returners from injury, to running. We're all a little crazy here, too! While this thread is a terrific source of motivation for runners and serves as outstanding accountability, you’ll quickly find this remarkable group to be highly supportive of all life experiences. So, come on in, put your feet up, and stay a while (not literally)! And whoever is up first is welcome to start the thread and we definitely keep some weird hours around here.

Good morning, everyone.

I just had a light breakfast. I'm going back to bed for a bit. In around three or four hours, I'll head out for my weekly long run. I need that me time.

I'll also do weights, forty-five minutes of cardio, and ab work.

This will be a long day. It's not even 6:00 a.m.. Someone has already managed to annoy me.

LRB

Supp B!  You should've dropped and given them 30, then the hand ha-ha.  Hope your day gets better babe.

Me, I had a really long night.  I slept and slept and slept, and had a million dreams.  I should be nice and fresh for my long run in a couple of hours.  Looking at weatherscan, rains will be coming through, but they appear to be light.

I will worry about that when it's time, right now, I'm just maxin' and relaxin'.

Jess runs for bacon

Good morning! Heading over to the parents house in a bit for Easter brekky then taking my aunt and uncle out for a run.

Ball of Fury

Good morning and Happy Easter dailies!  Unfortunately, 1) My cold is much worse and I coughed all night long...yuck!  URD for me, and 2) I am working a 12 hour shift...double yuck!  I hope you all have a better day than me!

PRs:  5K 22:59, 10K 46:54,HM: 1:51:15

YAYpril - B-Plus

Morning! Cinnamon crumb coffee cake is in the oven. Who wants to come over for breakfast?

I have a huge list of things I need to do in the kitchen today since I won't be home for dinner, and post-dinner is when I usually prep all our meals for the week. First up, a breakfeast... then I'm making cupcakes and a bunch of other fun things. I'll get out for 5 or 6 miles at some point - probably before lunch, since they're calling for rain this afternoon.

Have a great day and Happy Easter!

Morning all, and Happy Easter!

Planning a LR today, probably 14.

Have a great day everyone!

Dave

delicate flower

Happy Sunday and Happy Easter!  Yesterday was exhausting, thus I slept like a rock for 10 hours last night.  DW and I planning some sort of pedaling today and we're making a turkey for dinner.  No big Easter plans besides that.

Have a great day, kiddos!

<3

Robert31320

Team TJ

This morning I set out for a PR distance run.  My previous long run was 10.1 miles.  Today I ran 11.2 miles.

This run gives me 31.56 miles for the week, a PR by 9 miles.

I end the month with 90.78 miles, a PR by 9.85 miles.

There’s also a first sub-30 5K mixed in there just for fun.

March has been a good month!  Big grin

Running for TJ because he can't.

Good morning all! Today is going to be a great day. Family and food fr me. The out for a long bike ride wth the DW.

What a great month of milestones Robert .

First Race

Hot Chocolate 5K Chicago November 4, 2012 30:17

Second Race

Penguin in the Park 5K Decatur Illinois March 23,2013 27:08

Scott

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  I just woke up and slept 9 hours, ahhhhh.  I am planning on running tonight but not sure of the distance.  We are back in the mid 80s, bah.

Have a nice day.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

Happy Easter, dailies!

Basya - hope that annoying person doesn't get your goat too badly.

Rick - thanks for the heads up on the rain, heading out in a few to try to beat it.

Lilac - enjoy your day

AmiK - feel better

April - so that would be a kitchen work analog to a LR?

DaveP - great day to you as well

Baboon - turkey on easter, ham on thanksgiving?

Robert - You = bad ass.  With 5 Sundays, this March will also be a mileage PR for me.

Sparker - have a good ride

D - envious of your nice sleep

LR of some sort in a few once the coffee settles in.  Scaling it back a little this week, then sort of tapering next week.  Maybe.  Smile

LOL, Rick, after I posted, I went back to bed and slept for another two hours. Then, I dropped and did thirty-five. By the end of the year, I'd like to do fifty straight-legged tricep push-ups as comfortably as I do thirty now.

lilac_jive, enjoy the family breakfast and the run with your aunt and uncle.

AmiK, I hope that you have a speedy and complete recovery.

AprilRunner, I hope that you complete your chores without becoming harried and that your five-to-six-mile run is pleasant.

DaveP MI, have an amazing LR.

Phil, may you and DW have fun biking and baking.

Robert, congratulations on your distance, weekly, and monthly PRs!

Dave, have fun eating with the amply and biking with DW.

Shirfan, I hope that your LR goes well.

I'm waiting for my phone to be fully charged. As soon as that's done, I'll do my LR.

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

There will be no ham in this house! Wink

Baboon - turkey on easter, ham on thanksgiving?

LRB

Wearing long pants and a long sleeve top, for the first 6 miles of my run I thought I overdressed, even taking my gloves off 1.5 miles in.  At the 6 mile mark however, I realized I dressed perfectly as I turned into the wind and it started to rain, and i put those gloves right back on.

12 miles at an overall pace of 9:08 done.  The rain wasn't much of an issue and I even worked up a sweat despite the chill in the air.

Good solid long run.