Beginners and Beyond

Took the kids out for ice cream tonight (Read 131 times)

Hip Redux

Dog #1 didn't get that it was a treat and spent most of the time looking around for someone to pet her.  Dog #2 got spooked by the cup when it moved when he licked it.   The brain trust, these two.

Staring down the ice cream cup:

Dog #2 figured it out (dog #1 still not interested):

When I came out of the ice cream shop, Mr. O was surrounded by about 8 people asking about the pups.   It's like a traveling circus with these two sometimes.

(yes, I got myself a small cup of chocolate PB ice cream!)

delicate flower

GOOD PUPPIES!

MBC and I need to bring Fatso so she can show your pups how it's done.

<3

Hip Redux

GOOD PUPPIES!

MBC and I need to bring Fatso so she can show your pups how it's done.

We have quite the selection of ice cream and froyo places to choose from now!

Zelanie

Too funny!  As a lab owner, I can assure you that we don't have that problem!

Hip Redux

The labs I know would have eaten the cup along with the ice cream and debated later whether or not that was actually an edible object. lol

Zelanie

Mine will eat the ice cream, then act all upset that they don't get to finish our ice cream too.

Rondog65

Yummy Ice Cream, took DW and DD out to "Music In The Port" last night and we strolled on down to our favorite ice cream spot.  Went in for my favorite cookie dough ice cram in a waffle cone.  I was somewhat good and got only a small.

Ron's PRs 5K 24:14 (12/07/2013); Half Marathon 1:53:33 (5/26/2013)

Village people

Aww, I love your dogs!

From the Internet.

Oh they are adorable! Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Awwww.  Cute dogs!

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

So after taking the kids for a 2.5 mile run last night we go to a small time minor league baseball game by our house.  They give away free ice cream.  It is actually very cool place.  Anway, we are waiting in line while others are eating what they have.  I see a little boy eating his ice cream while his mom is yapping and not paying any attention to what was most likely a two year.  Of course he drops it and starts to scream his head off.  Now this is pavement folks that people walk on, cars drive on,  our walking feathered friends poop on.  So what does she do?  Bends down scoops it up with her hand and puts it back in the dish.  She then goes back to ignoring her kids and turns her back to talk to her friends.  Maybe I am wrong here but it was longer than the five second rule and that is just disgusting.

2014 Goals: (Yeah I suck)

• Sub 22  5K
                        • Sub 1:35 1/2 marathon 
                        • Sub 3:25:00 Marathon

Hip Redux

So after taking the kids for a 2.5 mile run last night we go to a small time minor league baseball game by our house.  They give away free ice cream.  It is actually very cool place.  Anway, we are waiting in line while others are eating what they have.  I see a little boy eating his ice cream while his mom is yapping and not paying any attention to what was most likely a two year.  Of course he drops it and starts to scream his head off.  Now this is pavement folks that people walk on, cars drive on,  our walking feathered friends poop on.  So what does she do?  Bends down scoops it up with her hand and puts it back in the dish.  She then goes back to ignoring her kids and turns her back to talk to her friends.  Maybe I am wrong here but it was longer than the five second rule and that is just disgusting.

My dogs would have LOVED to assist with that clean up. lol

And yeah, ew.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Nice looking doggies!   That 3-legged one will now be one of my personal inspirations to quit my whining when I start complaining about any woes I may have...  Big grin

I notice you still didn't get your face into the photos, Ms. Incognito!  Joking

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

SheCan

ohhhh, I can't believe I just now opened up this thread!  What adorable "kids" you have, and obviously they do act like kids.   Silly, cute thangs!

Cherie

"We do not become the people who this world needs simply by turning our backs on anyone we don’t like, trust, or deem healthy enough to be in our presence. "  ---- Shasta Nelson

Buelligan

What are those, Greyhounds?

I asked a friend who adopted a retired racing Greyhound if they made good pets.  He said they were as long as you kept them on a leash.  He used this great Deep Thoughts analogy, "If one ever gets loose, it's like dropping your keys in hot lava.  Don't bother reaching for them because man... they're gone."