Beginners and Beyond

Thursday Penguins Getting Some Color in Their Lives (Read 17 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

June 25 is Color TV Day!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

3 easy miles after work yesterday through a local park.  It was a bit warm with a 90 degree temp (feels like 93), and rain threatening, which shot the humidity up, and dew-point well into the 70s.  The rain never happened but by Mile 2 I was wishing it WOULD rain on me.  Sweat sweat SWEAT!  Took me a while to cool down after I was done.

Today after work I am volunteering for packet pickup for a women's 5K that will take place on Friday night at a local golf course. After packet pickup is over at 5:30 pm, then I will do a few miles on the nearby San Antonio Riverwalk.

What you got?

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Good Morning !!!  Short run this morning, then we head down to a wet and cold Wrigley Field.  Hopefully the game won't be delayed as we are then going to Milwaukee for Summerfest.

Are you running in the Women's 5K, Scotty?  Official photographer?

Have a great weekend !!!

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Morning all. I did five way easy at my parents house this morning. Once my sister wakes up we will drive down to cape may for my grandmother's memorial service. I hope that since it has been a few months since she died it won't be an overly sad affair. She lived to 90 and had a good life.

Scotty - sorry to hear about your friend - 55 is to young to die

Jerry - have fun Smile

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Saph, my grandmother's funeral is a good memory since I got to connect with my sister. We were sad that she was gone, but it was a similar circumstance and a good memory.

We are leaving Vancouver today.  It's been a good time, I will miss it.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  I was quite late getting to work today because of an accident on the interstate that had caused quite the backup!  I only saw one car by the time I got there, but it was pretty well smashed.  Anyway, chorus tonight!

Scotty -- You volunteering at a packet pickup for a women's 5k, what a perfect job for you!!

Jerryb -- Sounds like you have an interesting day planned!!

sapf -- woo-hoo for your 5 easy, and hope the memorial service is comforting to the family!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

Zel -- sorry you're saying goodbye to your vacation, but safe travels!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Singer who runs a smidge

I can't believe I killed the thread at 10:26.  What are you all out doing??!!

GinnyinPA

Well, first we walked the dog, then I went for a run.  Everyone else is probably busy working.  I managed to beat the thunderstorm and run 12 miles on a cool (75) but humid (63 DP) day.  Only a few very welcome drops of rain as I ran.

Scotty - have fun flirting with all the ladies this evening.

Jerry - I hope your game isn't rained out.

sapf - I hope the funeral wasn't too painful for everyone.  My family doesn't really do funerals, so I never attended any for either of my grandmothers or the one grandfather who died when I was young.

Z - I am sure you have other fun plans for this summer.  I'm glad you enjoyed Vancouver.

HM - have fun at rehearsal this evening.

Zelanie

I didn't have a data connection until we got through the border. Smile Hiya, HsM and Ginny!

Dad on the run.

Just dropping in to say HI! I had a few month hiatus on running but I'm back at it and I'm doing Freeletics. Starting week 4 tomorrow. Since I have started I have dropped 7lbs. I had put on quite a few lbs but I'm back down to 213 and looking to get back into onederland soon.

I've got a blog going where I am giving daily updates to my workouts + weekly pics to see how I've changed from week to week doing Freeletics. Feel free to follow me on there. adadonthemove.BlogSpot.com

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

GinnyinPA

Hi Jimmy!  Welcome back.  Do you have any races planned?