Beginners and Beyond

Candy! Candy! Candy! Friday Penguins! (Read 25 times)

Dad on the run.

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here.

Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails!What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges."

It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Dad on the run.

Way to much candy in our house! I had done so well all week sticking to my diet... not lastnight. We went out and ate Mexican after we got done trick or treating not to mention the candy I kept stealing out of EK's bucket Tongue. I'll just call it carb loading for my 10k Saturday... yea... sounds good to me!

Anywho, happy Friday! What's your big plans for this weekend? Any races? As most of you know I have the Vulcan Run 10k tomorrow. My wife went and picked up our packet and we got this really nice shirt, and the bibs are probably the nicest I have seen, very heavy duty material. Hope to have the RR up by tomorrow night Smile

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

Philliefan33

Good morning Jimmy.  I had a bit of candy last night also.  Not good timing for me to have it in the house, since my mileage will be down for the next two weeks as I taper.

SRD for me tonight.

PADRunner

Morning all. URD kind of I, ran 1. Just tired, getting worn out here.

But there is the view. I see it for little while in the morning. Smile

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  No candy at our place -- we didn't even buy any this year, since I would be at chorus and DH would be in and out chauffeuring me, so we left the lights off and ignored Candy Day.  Ah well, we probably didn't need it anyway!

jblack -- yep, it's carbo loading!!

Phillie -- have a good SRD!!

PAD -- great pic!!  Hope you get rested!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

Good morning!  I am going to run my first 15 miler after work today!  I'm looking forward to it, or rather, I am hopeful that I will be able to do it.  I did 14.1 last week, so what's 0.9 miles more, right?  Right?  Smile

Good luck tomorrow, Awood!  You are going to rock it!  You are so ready!

Jimmy- Hope you also have a great race!

Margo- I have a hard time not eating too much when I'm home on RDs.  But you will get through this!

PAD- Lovely!  I used to love horse racing as a kid.

HsM- Hope you have a less eventful day at work!

obiebyke

SRD for me.

Good luck on your 15, Zel!

Good luck on your race, Awood!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Bin Running

Rest day for me.

Awood, Jimmy and all other racers: Good luck!

2015 Races

2XU HM - 29 Mar

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

JBJ: good luck with the 10k.

PF: good luck with the taper.

PAD: that looks like Clocker's Corner. I grew up there and many of my friends had dads who were trainers. You are going to have some great weather this week.

HsM: we did the same thing. There aren't enough kids around here.

Zel: have fun on the 15. You will be fine and you will be proud of yourself!

obie and Bin: enjoy the rest.

as for me, 12 miles in the dark tonight. DD has an XC meet later so that will be nice.

hog4life

RD for me, 10k plus 5k, tomorrow plus WU and CD, maybe 12 ish. And new shoes afterwards, I have $60 off.

Jimmy, good luck on the 10k

Mel. you got this!

I'll be doing some tracking this weekend too

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Z, good luck with the 15.  Sure PR !!!

Bin, thanks for the amazon link.  Galloway has a whole book on walk/run, besides running to 100.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

4.5 through the wet leaves.  Kind of hard to see the bike path in the woods.  But at least it keeps the bikers away.  995 miles, ytd.

Just got an add on pouch to stick on my Spibelt for next week's HM.

Good luck weekend racers.

Dad on the run.

How do you like the Spibelt? I am thinking about getting one so I can carry my phone with me on my runs. I hate the arm bands.

4.5 through the wet leaves.  Kind of hard to see the bike path in the woods.  But at least it keeps the bikers away.  995 miles, ytd.

Just got an add on pouch to stick on my Spibelt for next week's HM.

Good luck weekend racers.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.

hog4life

How do you like the Spibelt? I am thinking about getting one so I can carry my phone with me on my runs. I hate the arm bands.

I have one too, get it! It works great.

Whats your 10k goal, I'm hoping for 52 or so?

Dad on the run.

So Wed. my wife's boss came in to her office and tolder her that if she could avg 200k a day in perscriptions that he would write her a 1k check. Her department had already pulled 217k mon, and 212k tues, they were just shy of the 200k mark wed and thurs. However, she walked into her office and saw lying on her desk an envelope with a sticky note attached.

Ash,

You missed it by just a wee bit, but you deserve this anways.

Inside was a 1k check! This helps us out so much and will easily cover our daughter B'day and Christmas in Dec. She really does work for an awesome company.

In other news...

So post-race events tomorrow are going to consist of Japanese Steak House followed by taking EK to the movies. We are going to watch Free Birds.

Chasing the sub 20 5K.