Beginners and Beyond

It's a couple of firsts happy new years DAILIES... (Read 273 times)

LRB

Oh, and Lily, with your 2 extra pounds- pffft!  I managed to pack on eight bad boys that I now get to spend the next month burning off.

There's the root cause of your injury, bloof!

Big grin

runmomto3boys

Kristin: I know exactly what you are talking about: thanks for the description!

Lily: Great, blazing fast 11 miler today!  Nicely done.

delicate flower

5.5 mile showshoe hike today.  It took us a little over two hours.  I'm tired.  Seriously, an easy two hour run is not that tiring.  This is me and the wife at the end of the two mile climb to the summit.

<3

B-Plus

Ha!  My mistake!!!  I'll edit that...  Thanks for the well wishes.  You've been killing it as of late.  Don't think I haven't noticed!  Keep up the great running!!!!

Thanks! Have you been stalking my log? :creepy: I've actually been running all time high mileage, and I'm feeling great. I'm going to be mapping out my spring racing plans in the next few days.

Btw, yesterday I noticed you're friends with Don on Facebook. He paced me through 9 miles of my half PR in Seattle. If you look hard enough, you might be able to find an interesting picture of both of us at the Boston 2010 finish area.

B-Plus

Dave - New garmin? Exciting!

Kristin - 8 lbs?? No problem, since you're running again!!!

Planned RD for me but I may run a 2-3 miles later day.  Depends on my chores - ugh.  Last day off of work and I have a ton of stuff to do around the house that I have putting off.

Have a great start to the new year everyone.

Ended up running 3.5 - housework, schmousework.

You can call me Anna

CrisRuns

Return to running, day 11

By now, my return to running plan would have me run 30 minutes straight, but I know I am not ready yet. After warming up walking, today I did six times (5 minutes run, 30 sec. walk). Actually the last segment I ran 6 minutes, so it was 31 min of running in total.

Stats: 55 minutes, 4.2 miles, 31 running minutes.

I think I will keep running 30 minutes in total, but gradually make the running intervals longer over the next two weeks.

A couple of snails and a limping, 18 year old cat passed me today... ;-) hopefully everything will go well and I can run and improve.

Happy new year!

Ha.  Yes, this is what happens when you eat like you're running but you're not- and it's holiday season.  Just call me Fatty.

"...You have to have faith, to know that you can do what you want to do."  -Joseph Nzau

LRB

Ha.  Yes, this is what happens when you eat like you're running but you're not- and it's holiday season.  Just call me Fatty.

You are not alone, while I did cross train during my 7 week layoff, I have no interest in getting on the scale.

Not running is bad enough, not being able to look straight down at the scale upon your return to running because you now have Dunlaps Disease, only adds insult to injury!

FlippyNoodle

Not a dude

6.22 miles done this afternoon. My easy pace is definitely dropping now.

@runjerseygirl

I just dragged myself out of bed after the worst hangover of my life.

Do you even run?

Chairman

Glad to see some of our injured runners have been making some progress. Will be waiting for more updates from the bad IT band squad, which at my last count includes the Kristins and Heidi.

I wound up with 16 in 2:02 and change. The Trader Joe's chicken burritos I had for breakfast weren't sitting well for the first few miles, but settled down eventually. Didn't drink any water, and it was windy enough that I had to overdress a bit and wound up sweating a little more than I would have liked, so was getting pretty thirsty by the end. Other than that, decent run.

Coalition for a Free and Independent New Jersey

LRB

I just dragged myself out of bed after the worst hangover of my life.

Can I interest you in a little hair of the dog that bit you?

You know, to take off the edge.  Wink

@runjerseygirl

You are evil. Tight lips

Do you even run?

LRB

You are evil. Tight lips

Not for long.  If I hope to drop those 7 donuts before fall, I'm going to have to restrict my alcohol consumption.  Lord help me.