Beginners and Beyond

Shocking Friday Penguins (Read 17 times)

PADRunner

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

It's National Static Electricity Day! Shock someone!

"It's not about speed and gold medals. It's about refusing to be stopped." --AMBY BURFOOT

PADRunner

6.5 on the mill this morning.

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, sleepy Penguins!!  I was also sleepy this morning and tried to think of an excuse to skip work and go back to bed, but sadly there wasn't one.  So I'm here.  So glad it's Friday!!

PAD -- woo-hoo for your TM miles!!  You have a lot more mental toughness than I do!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Zelanie

I am shocked that there is a holiday like this!

Anyway, first work week of the new year almost done.  10 planned for later.

on my way to badass

Good Friday morning PAD, HsM, Z and Penguins! I'm heading down to the hamster wheel for an hour.

Still waiting for the perfect race picture. 5K PR-33:52 , 10K PR 1:11:16, First HM 2:42:28

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

BUUURRRRRP!!!  Oh, excuse my static electricity!

Probably a rest day today.   39 degrees and a cold rain.  Temp is supposed to drop, drop, drop even more this weekend, and we will get freezing rain through most of Saturday.  I may just hibernate for the weekend.

Well, I got one of those 'soft collar' things for Sinatra, and replaced 'the cone' with that.  Sinatra was quite happier with it and could eat and drink better in it.  But the silly cat also figured out how to get out of it too.....so it was back to 'the cone' for him.  He was NOT happy about that...but the silly cat should've left the soft cone alone....

In the food department., today is National Apricot Day.  Apricots....blech!

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

I will certainly shock someone today. The combination of my Levi's  and seat covers always produces a good charge. Usually I end up shocking myself when I close the door of the car.

10 miles done last night at an 8:20 pace and SRD today.  No big plans for this weekend other than a run tomorrow and Sunday. We have to put the finishing touches on the bathroom and I hope to watch the football.

Happy Friday and have a great weekend.

tracilynn

Lots of static in our house right now. I shock my kids a lot and they get mad at me...as if I purposely do it.

I wanted to go to the gym today and do a nice relaxing yoga class but all the "old lady" yoga has been replaced with "power yoga" and PIYO which is "kick your butt yoga." BLAH. I guess I will run some easy trails instead.

TGIF penguins!

~~~~~~~

Traci

obiebyke

You guys are rocking the miles! The Minnesota cold is winning, gotta say. Stupid pace bunny. I'm going up north momentarily (where it's even colder, of course) and my plan is to get in 3 at some point. We shall see! TGIF!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

Brilliant

Good morning Penguins!  Glad everyone is doing well today. Smile

Headed out for an easy 6 shortly.  Late start because I stayed up too late last night reading a Jack Reacher book.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Headed out to pick up my race materials for my 10k tomorrow.  I'm hoping that I finish it at this point... this has been a bad week for me running wise - my ankle has been acting up a bit, as has my knee.  The knee is a new thing.  I'm hoping it is just random winter aches.  I stopped after 1.3 miles of my planned 4 mile treadmill run yesterday because everything on the left side of my leg just felt "off".  Resting today and hoping for the best tomorrow.  It'll be about 16 degrees with a feels like of 3.  =/

After such a strong December (125.5 miles) I'm shocked by how much January has sucked so far.  Maybe it is the holiday blerch weight throwing me off...

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

5 miles on the track for us.  Quiet weekend planned, hopefully taking the tree down.

Good luck with the 10K, sapf.

Zelanie

Sapf, sometimes those mystery aches go away just as mysteriously as they arrive. Hope that's the case for you and that you have a good race tomorrow.

Scotty, hope Sinatra is healing up! Mia does OK with the soft cone, Zoe managed to pop it when she had it though.  So back to the big cone for her.

Singer who runs a smidge

Can I say TGIF one more time?

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Can I say TGIF one more time?

You just did.