Beginners and Beyond

Ice, Ice DAILIES (Read 34 times)

LRB

I have not looked outside yet but there has been a winter advisory in effect since last night so I expect a treadmill run today, but am hopeful for so much more.  We shall see....

happylily

Morning LRB! I hope you get to run a few miles outside. I know you're not too fond of the TM.

11 easy for me in about an hour, on the TM. That will bring the total for my second post-marathon week to 36 miles. So far, all is well.

It snowed all night and a cedar tree kept hitting my bedroom window with its branches, it was spooky. Plus I had an awful nightmare. I was in a race and could feel a snake in my womb. I couldn't stop running (can't stop in a race!), and the snake wanted out. I was doing everything I could to keep it inside, even though I was terrified. I didn't want to give birth to it while running. I could feel it moving and sometimes its head would appear. When I crossed the finish line, it started coming out of me, the way a baby would. I was hysterical and people had to hold me down. It was crazy scary for me... I woke up after. Snakes are my biggest fear in life. What the heck does it all mean?

Anyway. This afternoon, I'm preparing the Christmas party we're having at daycare tomorrow. It's a pyjama party! I have to decorate and wrap gifts. My sister is coming as well. I can't wait!

Have a great day everyone!

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

LRB

Snakes are my biggest fear in life. What the heck does it all mean?

Wow, that was bizarre!

Everyone has their view on dreams, for me, I believe they keep us sane.  That is, sometimes the things we dream about are things we would never do, or would never happen.

Since there is a balance we are always trying to keep in life, I believe dreams allow us to be off-balance without repercussion.  Like smacking the shit out of your boss, significant other, or mother in law.  

Seriously though, whenever my mom would dream about fish, that meant someone was pregnant.  Not sure it was coincidence or not but she was 100%!

Well, I have been recently dreaming about fish and sure as shit, daughter # 4 is expecting!  Coincidence?!

Hip Redux

Yo!

Heading up to Boston today.  Lunch in the north end with friends, followed by seeing the Transiberian Orchestra.   I might head out in a bit for a super quick run, depends on how quickly I can wake up and get my act together this morning.  Big grin

Docket_Rocket

Morning!  Was going to do 15 this morning but woke up with a mild migraine, ouch.  Now I am taking my meds and hoping I'll be pain free before my run tonight.  Since it is too hot, I don't think I can get out early enough for 15 so plan is 10-15 depending on time.

LRB, stay dry and warm.

Lily, hope the 11 go well.

Oski, enjoy the day with friends.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

FreeSoul87

Runs4Sanity

12.1 miles morning on the roads for me! The last 2 weekends have been 7.1 miles, 3 weekends ago was 11 miles so I am thrilled to have hit 12 miles damn it. It was a little sore, but great overall and it definitely made up for the awful 12 miler 2 weeks before the Evansville Half last October. No snow, no ice, and no rain - just some wind (13-14 mph winds).

*Do It For Yourself, Do It Because They Said It Was Impossible, Do It Because They Said You Were Incapable*

PRs

5k - 24:15 (7:49 min/mile pace) 

10k - 51:47 (8:16 min/mile pace)

15k -1:18:09 (8:24 min/mile pace)

13.1 - 1:53:12 (8:39 min/mile pace)

26:2 - 4:14:55 (9:44 min/mile)

Appropriate title. I almost slipped & fell on my ass just going out to get the paper. Looks like it was a wise move to get my long(ish) run in yesterday. So, treadmill it is. Later...because it's Christmas Morning! (Observed). Going out of town tomorrow, so opened presents this morning. I got a pair of Brooks Vapor Dry gloves & another pair of SmartWool socks. Yay!

Dave

Hip Redux

3 miles done in shorts and a t-shirt!  I dare say it was a bit humid out.

Docket_Rocket

I think I am done with the order that is due tomorrow.  Only 70 hours of work this week, phew.  Bahahaha.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

LRB

Looks like it was a wise move to get my long(ish) run in yesterday.

It actually was not bad on the east side except for running through puddles and leaping over snowbanks.  I am encouraged that my back held up well, as did my shoes despite being drenched.  Congrats on the new gear!

8 miles in 1:09 with a temperature of 36 degrees.

It was a mentally engaging run, I spent most of it thinking about qualifying for NYC.

MarjorieAnn3137

Run to live; live to run

6.1 miles. I want to do more but know I can't push yet.

Marjorie

Ric-G

lrb - nice run and nice take on dreams

lily - wow, creepy...but have fun wrapping

oski - sounds like a great plan

D - fingers crossed, be well

free - great job on the 12

dave - cool gifts!

marjorie - nice 6, continued healing

also did 6 this morning...maybe a couple more later??  will be off work this week...boss gave us a gift card for a honeybaked ham (long lines) which I will use and take to xmas eve with the family....more soccer tournament tomorrow in the AM,...have a great Sunday all.

marathon pr - 3:16

happylily

Congratulations, LRB! Will it be your first grandchild? Honestly, I'm terrified and excited all in one about the arrival of my first one.

I ended up doing 15 miles instead of 11, sort of progression like. 8:39 average pace. 40 miles total for the week. I think that more than snakes, I'm afraid to forget how to run long runs. Maybe that was the meaning of my dream... Now time for a shower and some fruity hydration.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

Just B.S.

Ice? who wants Ice? I have lots to give away. This is a tree beside my deck. 15 hours of

freezing rain and still counting.  Needless to say no outdoor running today. I can run in

just about any weather but trying to run on a skating rink is just asking for trouble.

Our plows are still not on the roads yet, too icy.  I live at the top of a 325 foot elevation climb in

less than a mile with two 5 % grades . 

If I went out today I would never make it back up the mountain. 

Once again I am grateful for that stupid treadmill. Hubby is using it now and I will hop on

sometime today.

Just B.S.

Congrats LRB and Lily on the impeding "Grand"hood!!