Beginners and Beyond

Monday Penguins Eat Sandwiches (Read 20 times)

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

The "Penguin" daily threads were originally conceived to emphasize that all members of the community have a place on the boards. Encouragement, motivation, a little love nip (you will love one, give it a try!) or even a little kick in the pants when needed -- it can happen here. Basically, we celebrate just getting out there and moving our tails! What is "slow"? "Slow" is a perception but one of the common benchmarks is the 10:00/mi pace; but there's no firm line. In fact, there are many of us that have slipped past this, and just hope that no one notices and revokes their "igloo privileges." It can be confusing for the forum newbies, but we're not one of the teams in any of the fine games. It's a totally open group, so stop lurking, post an introduction of yourself dive in and join the fun! No application necessary! There might even be a lovely picture for Scotty (we love pics!)

"Do what you can, with what you have, where you are." Theodore Roosevelt

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

November 3 is Sandwich Day!

Do you have a favorite sandwich?

Nov 3 is also Housewives Day!  So do something nice for that person who manages your household.

Non-running day for me today.   Did these two 5Ks over the weekend:

Day Of The Dead 5K, lots of crazy costumes in this one!   http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/514a4530eba04f9c980b9c84bcded473/resume#focus

Membership Appreciation Runs:  http://www.runningahead.com/groups/BF_and_Beyond/forum/11a3a4a398094be3ae2e50cc201b1db1/resume#focus

Also, we have a new addition to our household, our newest 'rescue' cat.  Gail and I think this poor kitty was abandoned by some folks who used to live in the neighborhood behind us.  He is obviously used to people because he is the sweetest, most mellow cat ever, showed up one day, skinny, hungry, came right up to us, let us pick him up, pet him, etc.   We named him "Sinatra" because of his blue eyes.  We patiently got to know each other, let him continue living outside for a while and fed him every day. Then we gradually let him come inside for a while and let him out when he wanted.   Our other cats are still a little 'iffy' about him, but they pretty much have accepted him for the most part.  Now he comes in on his own and is quite used to us, as you can see from the photo I got of him and Gail napping...

photo 002_zpsd2b9704c.jpg

photo 001_zpscb8103f8.jpg

He's a sweetheart, I don't get why anyone would abandon him.   So we're gonna take him in. Next stop is the vet for medical exam, shots, chip, etc.

tracilynn

Your kitty looks like a snuggler!  We have a rescue cat too and we LOVE him so much (and we were not cat people at all before he followed us home)

Enjoyed your Halloween RR. Those people went all out.

I wanted to run 7 last night but my husband didn't get home until way after dark so I only ran 5. It was freezing and dark and I saw a man wearing nothing but camo and he gave me the creeps so I cut it short.

My 5 yr old is sick AGAIN. 3rd time in 2 weeks. This time it's fever and a cough from Hell. He is out of school today.  Running in the dark again tonight booooo.

~~~~~~~

Traci

PADRunner

Morning, RD and Dr. for me today.

scottydawg

Barking Mad To Run

Morning, RD and Dr. for me today.

Well, that makes sense, since RD spelled backwards is DR....   Hope your appointment goes well, PAD.

Oh yeah...and how about them Cowboys? 

My damn Redskins didn't do much better...

obiebyke

Scotty, Sinatra is adorable!

I've been on the sidelines sick. I might get a run in after work, but if it rains, I'll stick to some tabata.

Happy Monday!

Call me Ray (not Ishmael)

TooStupidToStop

Rach^

Good morning Penguins!

Scotty, Sinatra is so precious! Thankfully he found a loving family to take him in!

Well, I have been a bad Penguin and have let work get in the way of getting miles in. Starting this week I will be in Airman Leadership School (ALS) and from what I understand it will be a little easier than all my responsibilities right now. I have a half day scheduled at work today due to some appointments, but I plan on going to the gym later on today. Maybe I can convince my hubby to go with me! Well, heading into work early so I can finish a project I've been working on before I go to ALS.

Zelanie

Morning!  6 for me after work today.

Congrats to Baconista!

Welcome, Sinatra!

Singer who runs a smidge

Morning, Penguins!!  Today is my Thriday ... Mriday?  Anyway, it's the only day I'm working this week.  Tomorrow DH and I head up to Baltimore for Sweet Adelines International Competition, woo-hoo!!  It's the best choruses and best quartets from each region competing for the championship.  It'll be four and a half days of barbershop heaven, and I'm SO EXCITED!!!  I like my mini-trampoline, it's easy on my knees and makes me sweat, so that's all good.  So there will be bouncing tonight, and packing.  Woo-hoo!!

Scotty -- I'm not much into sandwiches, because I'm not that much into bread.  I'm prone to discarding the bread and eating the filling!  Gorgeous kitty!!

traci -- Yeah, the camo guy would've creeped me out too.  Hope the kiddo feels better!!

PAD -- good luck at the Dr!

obie -- hope you feel better soon!!

Rach -- You sound like a busy busy penguin!!

Zelanie -- have a good 6!!

When it's all said and done, no one remembers how far we have run.  The only thing that matters is how we have loved.

Jack K.

uʍop ǝpᴉsdn sǝʇᴉɹʍ ʇI

Hi Pens.

Scotty: Congrats on the new addition. Smile

Zel: How was the Bleck Keys show?

Some easy miles and strides for me later today. It seems to be my new Monday routine.

Jill.

Penguin Power!

Scotty - cute new addition to the family :-)

I'm feeling lazy and like the blerch is going to win the battle today.  Hopefully I will get 4ish miles done at some point today.

Hope you all are having a wonderful start to the week.

Upcoming Races: Run as One 4M (4/24) * Japan Run 4M (5/8) * Brooklyn Half (5/21) 

Zelanie

Jack, the Black Keys show was pretty good. We actually had seats this time, and I have to say that I missed the energy of being down in general admission. They put on a good show, though, and there were plenty of good costumes.

JerryInIL

Return To Racing

Short run for us later on today.  Leaving for Cancun tomorrow morning.  Hope we can get in some nice warm runs there.

Have a great week  !!!

hog4life

4 miles, now it's time for a nap, stupid night shifts.

Jerry, have fun in Cancun.

GinnyinPA

Scotty - I enjoyed the RRs, as usual. Sinatra is a beauty.  Favorite sandwich is probably ham and cheese, or egg salad or a good BLT with homegrown tomatoes.

Tracilynn - sorry about your sick child.  So many viruses going around this time of year.  Good luck on your run in the dark tonight.

PAD - good luck at the doctor.

Obiebyke - sorry you've been sick.  Good idea to rest, especially if it's in your lungs.

Rach - hope your new schedule gives you more time to run.  Good luck with the new training.

Z - is your body starting to feel more normal when running?  Enjoy your six.

HopesMom - have fun at your competition.  Are you observing or competing?

Jack - enjoy your easy miles.

sapf - I hope you beat the blerch today.  It can be a hard fight some days.

Jerry - have fun in Cancun.  It's probably a really good time to go there - after hurricane season but before the mass of snowbirds show up.

Mitch - hope you had a good sleep.  Good luck with your shift change.

AFM:  Beautiful day here - 60 and sunny, with very little wind.  I'd love to run, but getting out with Jim and Ben is more important, so we're heading out to the woods in a bit.