Beginners and Beyond

Midweek DAILIES (Read 42 times)

LRB

'Sup yo.

Coming to ya live from Wednesday where I finally have real sugar and not the Splenda I used in a pinch yesterday.  I actually used Splenda for a million years but once you let it go it never tastes right again.  No different than diet pop which I do not drink anymore either.

Anyhoo, I am hoping to dodge the rain showers for a run here in a bit, and with morning temps expected to dip to the high 30's/low 40's this weekend I might just look for a race to take advantage of that if it holds true!

Mmmmm...beer

Good morning everyone!

Skipped my run this morning, just couldn't get my butt out the door.  So I will have to get it done in the heat later, that's the price I'll have to pay for being lazy.

Rick, go find a 5k and back up your sub-19! Smile

Hope everyone has a great day!

-Dave

My running blog

Goals | sub-18 5k | sub-3 marathon 2:56:46!!

delicate flower

'Morning, el burrito yarmulkes!  Splenda....dammit, I am out at work and meant to bring more in today.  Looks like I'll be stealing some from the cafe to put in this morning's mid-morning java.

I did 6 hilly miles yesterday.  My legs showed a little bit of life, but still pretty sluggish.  I do see the taper rebound slowly starting to come around.  The next two days will be 6 miles and a rest day...not sure what order though.

Dental cleaning this afternoon.  Be jealous.

<3

Dental cleaning this afternoon.  Be jealous envious. 

FYP. Wait, wrong forum.

Anyhoo, rain nicely held off, 7 miles with 3 at tempo. Entire run took an hour; and I don't mean about 7 miles in roughly an hour, Garmin in fact says 7.00 miles in 1:00:00. Must be all that treadmill training over the winter.

Have a good day everyone.

Dave

happylily

FYP. Wait, wrong forum.

Anyhoo, rain nicely held off, 7 miles with 3 at tempo. Entire run took an hour; and I don't mean about 7 miles in roughly an hour, Garmin in fact says 7.00 miles in 1:00:00. Must be all that treadmill training over the winter.

Have a good day everyone.

I'm driving back to Montreal this morning. The concert was great last night. We went to a bar after the show and had beer and burgers, at midnight. Then we found a cheap hotel to spend the night in. I told my SO that we although we really can't afford travelling for rock shows and flying for marathons, we also can't afford NOT doing those things. Because we don't have that much time left ahead of us. Now is definitely a great time for us.

8 recovery miles tonight and I'll savour each one of them.

PRs: Boston Marathon, 3:27, April 15th 2013

Cornwall Half-Marathon, 1:35, April 27th 2013

18 marathons, 18 BQs since 2010

delicate flower

Yeah, yeah, you ran just enough to stay ahead of me in YTD mileage.  WHATEVS.

<3

StepbyStep-SH

Morning, all! My body is wondering what hit it - after doing strength training yesterday for the first time in a month, I followed it up this morning with 10 miles, including 5 miles with the group up several big hills. And our 2-minute wall squat. Came home to a strawberry-banana smoothie and some good coffee. I'm feeling much more positive today than I was yesterday morning.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Morning!  Either a run with hubby or nothing.

Color me jealous of Baboon's dental appointment....

Damaris

meaghansketch

Morning runners!

7 miles with 4x1 mile at T pace.  Targeting 8:02, splits were

7:54

7:50

8:09

7:53

Rolling course accounting for slower/faster miles, so pretty consistent effort.

Rick- hold the temps hold up, I was just wishing my race this past weekend had seen conditions like today!  We've got low 50s and cloudy here.

LRB

7 miles with 4x1 mile at T pace. 

Nice run!  Mile repeats at tempo pace are really tough, mostly mentally but physically a tiny bit too as finding a breathing rhythm can take awhile.

Good morning everyone!

7.5 done and I managed to escape the rain clouds.

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

Happy, Phil?  Thread title updated!  Take that.   I'll update the rest later.  This computer sucks.

Damaris

delicate flower

Happy, Phil?  Thread title updated!  Take that.   I'll update the rest later.  This computer sucks.

No, not happy at all.  WE WISH YOU LUCK TOO!

<3

HobbitLegs

elevenses

Good morning everyone,

I'm doing some work from home and then will head into the office for the afternoon. I've got some hill repeats on tap today. Seems like every day is hill work in these parts.

Hope everyone has a great day!

Docket_Rocket

Former Bad Ass

No, not happy at all.  WE WISH YOU LUCK TOO!

Thanks!  Last time I included myself I was mocked.  but wait, that was in RWOL, no one would dare mock that, RIGHT?????

Damaris

Brrrrrrr

Uffda

Morning!

Lily, I'm jealous of a free-wheeling life like that. I have one DD and another on the way, so I'll be staked down for quite a while. Smile

It was my first recovery run since the marathon. 3 Easy miles. Legs felt pretty good, although a little dead. You could tell it was recovery. I'm just following the same thing I did last time since that worked out for me. I need to start getting in to Daniel's 3rd Ed. now that it's shown up.

- Andrew