Beginners and Beyond

Running Bags (Read 127 times)

LRB

My backpack is about to take a crap, so I am in the market for a replacement bag and was just fishing for ideas.  It does not have to be a backpack necessarily.

Does anyone have a favorite type of bag that you use for running or the gym?  Is your fave even a running bag or a bag intended for something else that works well for your running/fitness exploits?

I run and shower at work quite a bit so it has to be something that can fit regular clothes, toiletries, etc..

Thanks.

Goorun

I thought, that this would be about something else. Please carry on.

Slow and steady never wins anything.

Hip Redux

My favorite gym bag?  Is a diaper bag.

I kid you not - that sucker has pockets for everything!  And the bottle holders are perfect for water bottles.

I have this one.

Docket_Rocket

I thought, that this would be about something else. Please carry on.

LOL.

I usually use those provided at race expos to carry my running stuff.  Having said that, Running Warehouse just sent me one from Mizuno as a thanks for being patient about the delayed Sayonara shipping.  I will be using that one soon.

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

MtnBikerChk

running is bad for you

I have a swim gear bag

a mountain bike gear bag

a road bike gear bag

a gym bag

a triathlon transition bag

but I don't have a running bag......hhhhmmmmm

#artbydmcbride

Runners run

LRB

The locker bag.  My question is will it fit into a damn locker?  >:-/

Docket_Rocket

Da fuck?

Damaris

As part of the 2024 London Marathon, I am fundraising for VICTA, a charity that helps blind and visually impaired children. My mentor while in law school, Jim K (a blind attorney), has been a huge inspiration and an example of courage and perseverance. Please consider donating.

Fundraising Page

meaghansketch

This one might not be big enough for what you want, but I do love it.  I've run with it for up to 5 miles and it's been surprisingly comfortable, in case you ever want that.  (For me, I don't have a car, so if I want to do a few miles before/after a race it's useful to have a bag I can run with).  It has a large compartment I can put shoes in and a smaller compartment I can put a change of running clothes in (probably couldn't put a change of work clothes, unless I really didn't care about them being wrinkled)

I'm not sure you can still get this version, but there is a new one out that will hopefully come down in price at some point.

http://www.roadrunnersports.com/rrs/products/NIU1189/nike-cheyenne-vapor-backpack

B-Plus

I have one of those sac style backpacks to bring my stuff to the track.

Birdwell

I have one of those sac style backpacks to bring my stuff to the track.

this.

No help here, I just throw everything in one of those nylon and mesh drawstring bags that you can sling over your shoulder if you want.  Before I got that for free at a race, I used plastic shopping bags.  Tongue

My favorite gym bag?  Is a diaper bag.

I kid you not - that sucker has pockets for everything!  And the bottle holders are perfect for water bottles.

I have this one.

What a smart idea!

StepbyStep-SH

This isn't the exact one I have, but it is similar:

Port & Company duffel bag

It has a large main compartment with a shoe "tunnel" at one end to keep dirty shoes separate from the rest of my things. The other end has a zipper pocket that can hold Body Glide, watch, Road ID, several gels, pepper spray, spare contact lenses and several other things. There is also a small pouch pocket on one side that is handy for phone, keys, gym membership card.

I was lucky enough to win it as a AG award.

20,000 miles behind me, the world still to see.

RunTomRun

Wickedly Average

Looks like a portable bar. How many bottles of Scotch will that baby hold?

Where do you put the ice?

The locker bag.  My question is will it fit into a damn locker?  >:-/

Tom (formerly known as PhotogTom)

5K - 25:16, 10K - 55:31,  15K - 1:20:55,   HM - 1:54:54